General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Yeah Holden was going to do it but the plans fell through, HSV really had to twist Chevy's arm to do this. They want to do the Corvette too but Chevy are being stubborn.

We all know General Motors suck at business.

2. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

You guys don't have the vette??? I guess gm is stupid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

They did had the Perentti Coupe

4. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

We don't get the 'Vette either (Europe).

Or any other Chevy, for that matter. The last 'Vette officially available over here was the C6.

Now that Opel was spun off, the only GM products you can buy in Europe today are (some) Cadillacs, but their diffusion is pretty marginal.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 4
  6. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

You can get the camaro and corvette at the chevy dealership here in germany ar least

7. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

No Chevy dealerships here. Only way would be to get a grey import.

8. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

I think they don't want another Suburban.

9. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

We still have some but theyre rather rare now the best way would be over geigercars which imports them directly

10. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Yep we just get privately imported ones, mainly C3's. I've even worked on & driven a C3, neat car.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

wait so they are going to be selling the Camaro in RHD now?

Hey Dodge will you ever sell the Charger or challenger in RHD?

#9911 ktheminecraftfan, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  12. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Well the Mustang is selling like hotcakes in Australia, the Camaro will likely follow suit.

I'd say the Charger is probably more for the Australian market than the Challenger though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Wouldnt the charger perfectly fit in the gap the commodore left? Both are family saloons with alot of horsepower

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Engineering costs might pose a problem, although its platform sibling, the 300/300C, was available on RHD markets for a while...

They have reportedly condidered it at some point. It might be too late for the current-gen Charger, while its replacement might have been engineered for RHD from the get-go. If any replacement is being developed, that is...

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

They are currently developing one on the base of the alfa romeo giulias platform wich might give it some seriously good handling

16. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

These are currently just rumors though. Next Charger wasn't even greenlit yet.

17. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

I think it forgot to post it here but yes the Ssangyong has had a new battery installed (its 2012 so maybe we replaced the original battery)
    Hopefully it lasts a long while (unlike my family's previous track record of killing batteries rather quickly)
    Cost about £90 from Halfords, i think it is quite a big battery and the car also has a 140A alternator! (factory, because when it is cold it turns on an electric heater).
    It just randomly died, like fine all before then you switch the engine on and "click" nothing just a relay.
    So at the end of the day we jump started it and waited a while and then shut the car off. Then it started up just fine, but still in anycase we replaced it for reliability as maybe on a cold engine it would not act the same (especially with glow plugs etc)
    So yeah this 2012 Rodius has actually become a bit of a lemon i suppose:
    New tyre+wheel bolts (when replacing tyre garage pointed out that wrong bolts installed and they could fall out!)
    New Battery
    New brake bulb
    And Rear Passenger side bearing is very noisy (like you go above 40mph and it sounds like an orchestra of cat fighting) i thought it was tyre noise but it is really loud.
    But the engine+transmission is fine, should be as it is the bullet proof 2.7 CRDi Meredes OM612 and the 5G Tronic transmission. (both proven technology). And many Rodius's have been used as taxis with 300,000+ miles so the running gear must be ok.

Wheel alignment might be ever so slightly off, like if you put the steering wheel straight then it won't stay in a straight line forever, like maybe every minute you have to correct it slightly.

But when we was driving with the tyre deflated that was quite something, like you move the car and it sways from left to right like swaying in the wind and you can almost feel the remaining tyres just grabbing on near their limit. (and my mother was on her phone which really annoyed me.. *sigh* like the steering is not working correctly and you are taking your eyes off the road, things could become much much worse and you wouldn't even notice until it is too late when looking at your phone!)

18. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Yeah the 300C was & current 300 is sold here. The Hemi model is going to be used as a Highway Patrol car next year.

19. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

Went over to a buddy's place today, and found a 76 K10 that I didn't recognize, said he traded his built Suburban for it on Wednesday.

This truck is a bit rough, floors are gone, rockers are going, doors don't want to shut, but it's got a bit of a party piece.

The party piece is a twin turbo 5.3 LS that right now is making just over 900 HP, and could go alot higher with a decent intercooler.

It's backed up with a bone stock TH350 with a manual valve body and a 203, it's still full time 4wd, and can spin all four tires like nothing.

It's absolutely terrifying, and I want it.

20. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Jesus!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice