General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. XManic1995

XManic1995
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  2. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I think rolling coal is really stupid too but i would like to blow that stuff into the greenpeace office

3. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

Is rolling coal acceptable as payback? Because I've definitely passed people and smoked them out after they smoked me out. Other than that I only ever do it on country roads with nobody around. My truck doesn't smoke that much anyways even with the highest power level on the tuner, level 1 doesn't smoke at all and that's usually what I drive around in.

4. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Ehhh...I think you'd be better off ignoring people who smoke you out (unless they do anything else against you or your truck), as they're mostly looking for attention.

5. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

True, but it's kinda fun.

6. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

I doubt it's any fun for the people around you though.
    True, you said you only do it when no-one else is around, but still. I doubt you're making any more power while doing it either, so apart from being annoying, there's really no point

7. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

What model are they usually?

8. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

No it definitely makes more power, the difference between the power levels is quite noticeable. It only smokes at lower RPMs before the turbo spools up, after that the turbo is pushing enough air in to burn all the extra fuel.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

These pieces of fishcr@p

Haven't found one according to reality though

10. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Still better than the trashy Japanese hunk of crap we have in the Philippines.

11. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

And then air quality problems, and then health problems, and then "MUST BAN ALL CARS NOW NOW NOW". The concept of a diesel passenger car needs to be shoved into the nearest memory hole.

Actually, aren't you from Britain? If so the forum as a whole has been over this before.

12. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

They're sending a fucking Tesla to Mars..
    000.jpg
    Whether you like Tesla or not, shit like this just proves Elon Musk is a bloody cool guy.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I think a lot of the people who so passionately hate rolling coal don't really understand diesels or why it happens.
    I think it's a little dumb to roll obscene amounts of coal for no real reason, but I don't take it personally, as some around here seem to.
    I sorta dig it the amount of smoke is within reason and the truck is cool and the person driving it isn't being a dick or anything.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I have to say elon musk is probably the only reason tesla still is in business hes a bit like steve jobs he can sell you something wich doesnt work for alot of money

15. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

yeah now the government is like errrr T-Charge for using an old diesel in london. & probably more fees and charges to come.
    Then everyone in the press is like "yay the public transport might be used more saving trees and etc" but the buses around are ancient and kick out a fair bit of soot (esp. Black cabs, they are a nightmare, worse than buses).

16. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Nah, IIRC british people actually pay tax based on emissions, so diesels generally pay more.

I'm from Portugal, likely the most diesel-loving country in europe :p I blame it on the economic crisis. People can't afford to run petrol cars, even small displacement ones, and a diesel 1.6L is much more fuel efficient than even a 1.0L petrol engine (especially with older cars, which are the ones people buy when they're tight on cash), and we pay no more tax for it so why not.

It's legitimately sad to see people selling their hot hatchbacks and trading them for diesel cars, since they just can't afford the fuel costs. LPG is a fine option aswell, since LPG here costs about as much as gas in the US, but people who are desperate enough to sell their Peugeot GTi likely can't afford the installation in the first place, so bye bye fun car, and hello lung cancer.
    The good news is people like me can have cheap sports cars...that is, until we realize that we can't afford to run them either :(

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

My parents own a diesel car, and they come with their advantages:
    More torque because of compression mixed with low RPM
    Better fuel economy than a petrol engine of similar size
    If tuned correctly will emit less emissions than a petrol engine of equivalent size.
    Diesels wont ever die, they will exit vehicles at some point but they will be continued to be used in generators and others.

18. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Yeah a little soot from the engine running rich on acceleration is fine, it's just part of how diesels work. What I meant with "rolling coal" was people who actively tune their engines to roll obscene ammounts of it. They lose power and efficiency, for no real reason other than them thinking it looks cool.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Remember kids, the average cost of a bottle of motor oil is £8, the average cost of an engine rebuild is £1500.
    --- Post updated ---
    Exactly, no one ever rolls coal here as it's pretty much illegal.

20. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

Meanwhile, I'm now in Taiwan and I saw a Challenger and a Gallardo there. No pics, because I forgot to take them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice