General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I can confirm this as my "Impreza" will not spin the tires, meaning the clutch slips (mine is worn) and/or stress is put on the gearbox. You also cannot release the clutch too quickly or else it bucks because there is a lot of straight line grip.

2. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Need For Speed: Payback lost the opportunity to add a lot of variety. For example, How much Audis are in-game that are drive-able? ONLY 2! The 2016 Audi R8, and 2018 S5 Sportback.
    How much does Forza Motorsport 7 have? 28! (Correct me if the amount is miscalculated.) Even Gran Turismo Sport has 6, which is not that much, but atleast that's more.
    (Drive-able means that the car is not in the background, and doesn't need to be hacked to be playable.)
    If I were to add any more Audis (AKA: Variety) to Payback, that would be the 2018 RS5, 2016 A4, and the 1936 Auto Union Type C.

#10922 General S'mores, Feb 18, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  3. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I'm honestly surprised that AWD wins at corner exit, considering that a basic 50/50 setup (with no fancy differentials or anything else) can't throttle steer quite like a RWD can.

4. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

There are loads of affordable W126 S-Classes for sale in good shape. I kind of want one, but I don't want to take care of one. It's a dilemma.

For example:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-car...rare-euro-spec-mercedes-benz-380se/1333868552

--- Post updated ---

This 190 is also very appealing. Vehicles with collector plates in British Columbia are essentially required by law to be in good condition, and cannot be daily driven.

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/cto/d/mercedes-benz-190ek-km-good/6479891781.html

#10924 Googlefluff, Feb 18, 2018
  5. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

What I love about 190s is that despite the restrained styling they stand out just enough to be noticeable thanks to the grille.

6. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Understatement was Sacco's signature. According to him, design for strong brands such as MB needed to be subtle and tasteful, since everyone already knows what the brand stands for and what its core values are.

Too bad their core values changed in the meantime, so now MB is bling-galore...

7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Try driving one, it gains the fwd ability to very aggressively point and shoot out of a corner, but with the easier entry without understeer of a rwd

#10927 SixSixSevenSeven, Feb 18, 2018
  8. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Whether FWD can actually do that depends on the corner; hairpins are the kryptonite of FWD as even with a professional rally driver at the controls, those corners will often bring out the car's understeer bias. Long corners have their own problems. AWD may not have the same problems, but at the same time it won't be quite as agile as a pure RWD. To get a good exit in an AWD you would indeed have to point the car at the exit as quickly as possible while still retaining enough traction to launch the car out of the corner; this probably means a very late apex which is not always easy to do and requires significant discipline and course knowledge.

Oh, by the way, where did you find all this stuff out? I've never seen you post anything about going to a track day.

9. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Nor do I see you posting about track days, nor does attendance of a track day mean jack shit. Anyone can go on them, there's a track less than 30 minutes from here.

As for my own experience, I grew up thrashing vehicles around gravel tracks on farms and partook in street racing on British B roads, something I no longer wish to do, witnessed too much go wrong

10. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

yesterday we had a bit of snow and my dad and i decided to have a bit fun with my superb and my moms rapid the rapid isnt good on snowy hills when you have to stop you can forget getting up it the superb is totally diffrent to it you can just mash the throttle and be a complete idiot and it will get up the hill but with the rapid you can do handbrake turns due to its traditional handbrake

11. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Might i say that the Superb is superb at going up snowy hills :p

yeah sometimes you see 4wd crossovers with summer tyres in the winter with owners being lulled into a false sense of security, so they brake and well nothing really happens. Quite scary really.

12. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I probably shouldn't have brought it up.

As for the topic at hand? Money's kind of tight right now, despite my best efforts. Furthermore, I've made up my mind that my next acquisition, assuming I have a choice and don't have to buy another beater on short notice, is going to be a RWD of some description. Maybe someday I'll get around to an AWD, but it probably won't be soon as I don't really care for them, especially the Impreza.

#10932 NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck, Feb 18, 2018
  13. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

I'm also planning a render of an Payback-customized RS5 Coupe.

14. ladafan01

ladafan01
    Expand Collapse

It's a W201 !!!

15. ladafan01

ladafan01
    Expand Collapse

W201*

16. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

yes you basically can say that and with the summer tires in the snow is way to scary also just because you have 4wd you cant really drive faster into a corner with the snow youll still slide with it as itll just understeer into a ditch

17. GLion

GLion
    Expand Collapse

Meanwhile in Philippines...
    Curshed.jpg Curshed-2.jpg Curshed-3.jpg

18. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

19. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

I'm going to guess it didn't work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice