General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Allow me to explain:

• Like Like x 1
  2. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Killing the Lancer + Evolution = end of the line for fans

3. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Killing Carisma, Galant, Sigma, Grandis means end of the line for everyone but crossover and SUV fans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Just done a once around the Mitsubishi website. To see what they are up to.

The answer is clear, if you buy an automatic car, you are a terrible person who hates nature. Therefore everyone (without disabilities) should buy manual cars.

Cars become more fun and engaging*, environment benefits. Simple.
    *Hopefully drivers become less distracted as a side benefit.

And to be clear, I am partially joking on this one. Please don't kill me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Don't forget this abomination that has the balls to be named after the popularly beloved Eclipse compact:

I've seen this before, and it's ugly as hell!

6. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Name makes perfect sense: it's so hideous and pointless it's going to stay obscure for most of the potential customers out there throughout its commercial life.

7. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

It's like a big middle finger to the original Eclipse fans, as for an example:
    "You like your beloved coupe? Well, guess what? We give no sh*ts about it, you get an crossover instead."

8. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

I actually quite like how Mitsubishi are pushing for PHEV. PHEV is the way to go imo. You have the best of both worlds.

9. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

The Eclipse Cross design seems questionable to me in a couple ways.

Firstly, the door handles. The front ones look a lot lower than the rear ones, on a crossover putting the rear door handles high would presumably make it more difficult for kids to open the rear doors.

The rear light bar. I presume it is supposed to hark back to the lancer evo days, since it is shaped like a lancer spoiler. But I don't think it is going to fool anyone and is going to make the car more expensive to manufacturer. Not to mention hinder visibility.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

The rear might as well be the Japanese Aztek.

11. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

In fairness, could be worse xD
    upload_2018-4-15_22-41-37.png

EDIT:
    Made a slightly more compelling version
    upload_2018-4-15_22-49-37.png

#11871 aljowen, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

I also imagined an saloon-ish version of the car:

It was months ago when I made this anyways.

13. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Isn't that the way it should be, in an ideal world?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Sure, but humans are standoffish, short-sighted, egotistical and lazy. So I guess as a species we get what we deserve :p
    --- Post updated ---
    On a slightly different topic, what are people's thoughts on number of owners on second hand cars?

Do you get sketched out when you see a 7 year old car with 3 previous owners, how about 4?

15. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

What do you guys think of this of this smoke? Head gasket maybe? It was cold the day I picked it up so I didn't notice until now. It's thin and seems to dissipate quickly but I don't think it's cold enough right now to be steam.

Thanks to this and a few other things that have cropped up, I'm starting to think buying this car might have not been a great idea.

#11875 Googlefluff, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  16. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

My view is typically it looks better if a car has few previous owners. It typically (but not always) suggests that whoever owned it owned it because they liked it, not just because it was a tool, which in turn usually means they took better care of it.

Case in point, my own car - 15 years old, only 2 previous owners.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I'm just wondering how they messed up MPG so bad. Did they give it a 6 speed manual and a 4 speed auto?

18. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Slightly off topic, but it's still about vehicles. sorta

I had a bit of a moment tonight. Was out cycling and it was 23:50ish and I was along a countryside cycle path. There is a slight downhill section after the path joins a dual carriageway bridge over a river as it returns to normal land height (which around here is typically the same height or below the rivers). I turn the S-bend as the path leaves the bridge, and in the pitch black there was a cyclist lying on the floor. As soon as I saw them my internal dialogue went directly to the "I'm gonna get mugged tonight aren't I".

I stopped about 15m short of them with the torch pointed at them for about 5 seconds before shouting "are you ok", they said "yes" in response and were slowly getting up, so I cycled past them quickly and got on my way keeping an eye out for any movement on the following section of pathway. Since it was a return trip we cycled past each other on my way back. They were dressed fully in black and had no lights, even with 1000 lumens pointing at them (about equivalent to a single car low beam?) I didn't see them until about 20m away, and almost hit me on the way past as they were cycling unsteadily down the centre of the path and I was almost in the hedge. I can only assume they were cycling back from the pub slightly drunk and crashed into the fence on a fastish downhill section. At least they didn't decide to drive I guess.

What a numpty.
    --- Post updated ---
    It's a 6 speed manual, with a 6 speed auto option.

Turns out Mitsubishi is also cool enough to provide a good quality spec sheet.

So they have the exact same engine tuned to the same power output. But the manual does 0-60 faster, has a higher top speed, lower emissions, and gets better fuel economy.

19. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Guess what bitches! It's my 16th birthday!

20. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

Good to know you're happy about that, but it's quite offtopic :rolleyes:

OT: Thoughts on the 2019 camaro?
    imo it's flat out ugly; GM is starting to follow lexus when it comes to grills, pray for 2019 camaro

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice