General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

You add two stroke oil to them and baby them. Wankels are not long lasting motors. Cool though

2. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Ah ok so you basically add more oil so it gets lubricated more. Also shouldnt you rev it out from time to time so itll last longer too?

3. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

I knew someone who revved it before turning it off (so you stomp on accelerator and turn the key off before the engine has stopped) to eject the fuel from the engine. I don't know if this was beneficial or not really.

4. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I have heard that is quite a common thing to do with them.
    I have also heard that if you turn the engine off while cold you can flood it. Which apparently requires you to pull the fuel injector fuse and run the starter motor for >30 seconds to empty the engine out, then put the fuse back in. So you need to let the engine get up to temperature before turning off, apparently revving before off can help with this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

You just have to make sure that you get up high in the rev range at least once per run of the engine. Wankles love higher revs. The only thing you shouldn't do rev wise (which really goes for all engines) is to keep from reving them like crazy when they are still cold. Once you have properly heat soaked the engine, you can hit the 7500rpm redline and 9500rpm fuel cut off all day long without doing much of anything to the engine. I mean, heck... peak power happens right around 7000rpm anyways. As stated earlier as well, adding a bit of 2 stroke oil at each fillup always helps keep things lubricated as well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Spede3

Spede3
    Expand Collapse

Are there any major differences when it comes to buying cheaper steering wheels rather than well-known brands?

7. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Car steering wheel or Sim Racing wheels?

8. Spede3

Spede3
    Expand Collapse

Car steering wheels.

9. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

No major differences then, far as I know there arent any specs they have to fit to but anything that isnt like $20 ebay crap will be fine.

10. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

I can't be the only one who likes the Sera.

• Like Like x 2
  11. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

Me too. I love the odd-looking doors.

12. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I imagine they will differ in material quality, for example the grade of whatever variety of wood. But obviously, that sort of thing depends on all sorts.

Not all designer stuff is well made, but equally not all stuff straight out of a sweatshop is either.

13. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

The only issues is actually the doors you mentioned and part rarity. For some reason, it needs multiple amounts of maintenance, and parts are kind of obscure, even though it's an 2+2 version of the Tercel.

Other than that, it's solid Toyota quality.

#11993 General S'mores, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  14. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

The cheap ass ones check out on youtube. They can sometimes be bent by hand.

15. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

I’ve had ones that fall off when you turn them. Stupid £10 knockoffs.

16. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

It really irritates me when I am cycling down a cycle path, and an oncoming pedestrian stands in the centre of the bike lane watching me come towards them, and refuses to move to the pedestrian side of the path, despite it being entirely clear, until I have slowed to walking speed and am 1-2 meters in front of them.

At what point do you decide "ah fuck it, I'm not slowing to 1-2mph for them, they'll have to move and move quickly".

I have seen a clip on welshdrive of some driver bitching about a cyclist using the exact road I was cycling on despite there being cycle paths on both sides, yet when you use the cycle paths people block the path out of sheer arrogance despite seeing that you are oncoming and having >15 seconds to move to the other side of the path which happens to be clear and unobstructed for them (but would require me to weave onto the pedestrian side of the path to get around them, at which point who knows what irrational movements they decide to make).

Sidenote:
    This is a pretty cool lap of the Nordschleife

Sub 10min lap, in a 52hp, 1.4l diesel, 425k mile Citroen AX. After 7 years of lapping it. (apparently went through 9 engines and 5 gearboxes)

#11996 aljowen, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  17. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

It's an oddball, but I like it too. I think it looks kinda nice.

The door windows reminds me of the DeLorean.

18. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

It's another gullwing door vehicle, alike to the DMC-12.

19. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Today I saw a brand new left-hand drive Lincoln Continental with British plates. Interesting.

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

To begin with, I missed the "brand new" part and thought about this Lincoln Continental I saw back in January.

I've seen it again only once about a month ago...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice