General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Love it when people do crazy stuff like this. I also love that Peugeot was willing to work with them on it by sending over CAD files. Even if the end result looks rather... interesting...

The original TV advert for reference:

2. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Here in germany its now allowed to use dash cam footage in court but the best thing is its still not 100percent allowed to actually use most of them wich is brilliant german law schenanigans

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

As far as I was aware, they already were sorta legal in Germany? Depending on the type of camera and how the footage is used. For example a camera that permanently records is not allowed, but one that loops is, and that you cannot publish video from them, you must blur out people from any saved footage etc.

Obviously though, I ain't German, and am certainly not a legal expert :p

4. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

We live in a very weird age, where governments are listening to people's phone conversations and reading their emails, yet using a dashcam on a public road is an illegal privacy invasion.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Yeah basically its like that but you couldnt actually use them as evidence if a acident happend

6. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Any one remember this rare Shelby vehicle? (Technically, it's based on a Dodge Dakota, though it's still labelled as a Shelby.)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Yes, do you remember the Dodge LCF

8. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

No, because every single semi in my city is a late-retro to modern International.

Thoughts on this re-design?

#12328 General S'mores, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
  9. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

I think the original sedan is more original (no pun intended).

10. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Far, far better. Not a fan of the split rear window though. And the wheels still suck, but ones like that would never make production anyway.

11. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

I agree with the split window, I would've liked it just as a normal rear window. The wheels don't bother me that much, atleast they aren't donk or badly colored.

12. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

This made me laugh more than it ought to have...
    Desktop05192018-15491201_gif.gif
    For reference, those are his teammates cheering him on. Each manufacturer is only allowed 3 drivers to contribute points, in this event the manufacturer chose not to elect him as a points scoring driver. He also happened to end day 1 of the event in first place...

Its better with commentary (7:40): https://www.redbull.tv/video/AP-1U6...day-1?playlist=AP-1U6NX7QJW1W11:live_programs

• Like Like x 2
  13. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Found this interesting render on the Civic. Thoughts?

14. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Kris Meeke crashed out in this WRC event (it's a bit of a pattern at this point, it must take balls to be his co-driver)

But this one was big:

A-Pillar had a direct strike into a tree. Both driver and co-driver were able to exit the vehicle, only aches and bruises to show for it. Kris did have a trip to hospital to get checked over though, but they gave the all ok.

Desktop05192018-23391402_gif.gif

I can't imagine how close that tree must have came to his face. Incredibly lucky guy.

The entire event has been a car destroyer though, only 5 drivers are left (out of around 13ish) and there is still the last day to go.

#12334 aljowen, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

That's highly lucky, especially with how the roof caved in by the tree. It's like being nearly unscathed after (say, the car was a Pinto) and you were hit by a school bus.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyone remember the Quadricycle, from Henry Ford? It's pretty significant, especially with it being the first automobile to be labelled a Quadricycle (although that was many decades ago, now terms have changed since then).

16. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

???
    The first automobile was made by Karl Benz in 1888. The Quadricycle was basically a go kart that was Henry Ford's first "automobile."

17. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

I know, but the Benz was a three-wheeler, and I meant as the first "quadricycle" made yet.

18. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure that it was even the first to have 4 wheels. Look up the history surrounding early cars, it is quite interesting as a lot of people claimed to have constructed the first car.

19. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Okay, now I noticed others have done it.... so I'll say it's the first American quadricycle, atleast when it comes to records.

20. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

This has to be one of the coolest land rovers out there. The interior seems incredibly well designed.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice