General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

The GT86 and BRZ are actually the same thing though. Sure, they have some very subtle differences like different front bumpers, but they are more or less the same.

As you said though, the supra and z4 are different, with one being a convertible and the other being a coupe. They will both drive differently, while sharing some commonalities. It will be interesting to see if they both tuned in the same way in terms of geometry. Since that can drastically change a cars character.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

But again, the gt86 is a Toyota engineered unibody with Subaru running gear, the supra is a Toyota engineered unibody with BMW running gear. Therefore by @Fenneko logic, the gt86 is a Subaru not a Toyota.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

I guess you guys really hate my fucking guts then.

4. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

what? How did you arrive at that conclusion?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. veyasan.ragulan

veyasan.ragulan
    Expand Collapse

It's just a debate, nothing to get personal about. Anyways, I'm curious to see what the XT6 is going to bring to the table.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

A lot of you like to bash me whenever I try to have my own fucking opinions here.

7. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Odd, you usually complain when people complain about being bashed.

8. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

That's because I usually complain to the people that are being annoying or when their bashing was justified.

9. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

The Supra shares it’s running gear, but not it’s chassis. Fenneko is mostly correct.

10. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

If you like, we could all reply to your posts expressing the exact same opinions as you?

But a forum where one person posts their opinions, and no one else is allowed to have any other opinions would be a little dull.

To reiterate the sentiment from a few posts back, I do not hold any form of hate or disrespect towards you. That said, if I am to be totally honest, I'd rather you didn't consistently claim that I have something against you, because its frustrating for me, and as far as I can tell, all in your head. Just because I may disagree with you, does not mean I am any synonym of angry at you.

11. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Okay, I should've clarified here. It wasn't you that got me mad, it was 6677 that did.
    --- Post updated ---
    On a positive note, I think the XT-6 is probably the best looking XT-Series Cadillac has made so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Saying the new Supra is BMW designed isn’t really an opinion though? It’s more of stating a fact, and that fact happens to be right on the edge of true. Is it technically totally false? No. But is the Supra really a totally BMW design with Toyota wrappings? Also no.

I’d see this more as a chance to have a discussion on which bloodline runs more strongly through the new Supra than bash someone for bringing up the (valid) point that Toyota had a lot of input on the design too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

I'm still waiting to see IF, a manual would be offered, there was an article I read from AutoWeek, with one of the assistant chief engineers for the Supra say that "A manual isn't decided, but depending on the feedback from the market we will decide if we should introduce a manual." So, they haven't officially decided yet, but the question itself is still open.

I remember back when it was "announced" that the Supra wasn't getting a manual, I had to dig around, because I knew I saw interior shots of a Z4 test mule with an obvious manual gear shifter, however, considering that turbo'd V6 engine that was originally announced got dropped in favor for BMW's straight 6, that could've been just the previous generation Z4's drivetrain, but alas.

• Like Like x 1
  14. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

That new 2019 WRX STI S209 looks pretty sleek and nice.

TBH, there wasn't much cars I was excited to see from this year's Detroit Auto Show.

15. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

The new Telluride and Palisade are awesome.

16. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

I tend to disagree here. I don't see either as "awesome", and they both look like melting modern crossover SUVs.

17. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

They look mediocre, but they have really nice interiors and seem to be pretty practical. It may not be terribly interesting, but some people need a comfy, reliable family hauler, which those cars definitely are.

18. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

But we already have vehicles like the Suburban and Expedition that serve the same purpose as those other 2.

Also, I'm not that guy who likes modern Hyundai. Just sayin'.

19. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

What, you miss the old Hyundai? The one that made dreadful cars?

BTW the Tahoe has worse gas mileage and is in a different class of vehicle. These cars are meant to compete with the Highlander, Ascent, and, in some ways, the Lexus RX L.

I like ‘em. Jus’ sayin’.

20. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I think out of the two, the one I really like is the Telluride. IMO my thoughts for it are the same as the ones I have for the new 2020 Explorer: not over the top, and also not too bland. Not to mention that it doesn't look overly aggressive either, which is a design cue I think doesn't look good on any vehicle not designed to be a performance model.

And I do wonder if Kia plans on selling an offroad model, since one of the examples they've shown is an offroader.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice