General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Suddenly bicyclist

(And just listen to them howl if you suggest they shouldn't ride on narrow, blind roads like that!)

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

It's not narrow or blind though. The fuck are you on about

3. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

The segment shown has about 6 inches of shoulder, and one blind crest.

#14943 NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  4. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Thats not really that bad of a road if a bicyclist was on it. If it had lots of turns and blind crests, then sure but those roads normally are too steep for someone on a bicycle to ride on anyways. Sometimes during the summer I go up to the mountains in northern parts of Georgia, North Carolina, and Tennessee on vacation. During the summer it is at least 70° F out, so not many people are doing excercise except maybe at sunrise because it gets too hot.

5. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

IMG_20190313_120222.jpg
    Been using the 605 for the past few weeks as my daily and I couldn't be more happy. Can't really complain about anything

• Like Like x 1
  6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

a blind crest a car could be over so leaping over at speed is just a dick move anyway. Bicycles aren't even meant to be on the shoulder. They're meant to be a foot or 2 away from it
    --- Post updated ---
    The only dangerous thing in that video is the hemi driver. Really don't get the anti bicycle snowflakes

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

I like bicycles. They're worth double points.

8. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Not sure what y'all are on about. The road in the video is pretty safe for both bicyclists and high-speed runs. A very long portion of it is flat and straight with no side roads/entrances connecting. I never flew over any blind crests fast enough to cause any issues.
    If I had been flying over blind crests and come upon a bicyclist, that Hemi would have taken a sudden, unplanned, high speed detour into the cow pasture.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Svpracer

Svpracer
    Expand Collapse

So my lease is about a month from expiring and while my vehicle is now waiting for repairs, I figured I'd start looking for a "reliable" used car. I need some suggestions as I'm really familiar with GM and not much else. I was looking at a 2008 Subaru Impreza but am not sure how well they age close to 100k mi. I don't want to spend more than $20k and would prefer AWD/ 4WD or RWD over FWD.

10. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

Any requirement other than reliable and not FWD?

11. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

I would recommend a Lexus IS300. Cheap, comfy, moddable, RWD. They're also cheap, too.

12. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

if I remember correctly they also got a variant of the 2jz
    I'd recommend an XJ Jeep Cherokee if you want 4WD

13. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

ZJ Cherokee if you want a V8 (and you do).

14. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Or take a GS460, which has a really, really nice V8. Smooth, revvy, powerful.

15. Svpracer

Svpracer
    Expand Collapse

Cheap would be another positive.

16. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Another crazy Oldsmobile project car idea: the 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue 442. I noticed that the 2006 Monte Carlo SS and 2000 Intrigue are both W-bodies:

So, you take the engine and transmission from the Monte Carlo, swap them into the Intrigue, and you're done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

even more prone to severe rust and rot than the XJ's, looking at my local junkyard, all the ones there have a bad frame, no rockers and holes forming in the body
    what about a second gen S10 pickup or blazer? there are still tons of them around and it's the few 90s cars I see around my area in large numbers due to the fact that it doesn't rust as quickly as many others and the powertrain is very durable
    they can be picked up for a few grand for a very nice one or $500-1000 for a beater

18. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

It bothers me when someone doesn't understand what constitutes drifting, such as referring to understeer as drifting.

#14958 Potato, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. urbanestdog45

urbanestdog45
    Expand Collapse

Controlled oversteer is drifting. Understeer is simply sliding off the road into a ditch, tree, crash barrier, building, etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I Want to give some props to Citroen, for having a moderately sized car with 3 actual rear seats.

I feel like this really shouldn't be that big of a deal. But it's surprisingly rare in modern cars, even some of the huge ones. Granted that it is a little on the wider side of things.

Forester to show similarly sized car.

• Agree Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice