General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

lockup clutch can be affected by misfire/additional engine vibration.. GM transmissions really go the extra mile to try to not transmit vibrations.. (sometimes you get a cycle where tc is unlocked and higher rpm, then tc locks rpm lowers and load increases, misfire occurs then tc unlocks misfire disappears, tc is ready to lock again and as load increases the misfire happens again..)

2. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Base model Alpine in the UK: £46,905
    Base model GT86 in the UK: £26,410

Completely different market.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Calling the A110 a GT86 competitor is like saying the 328i and the LS500 compete. They simply don't. The A110 is priced WAY out of the 86's market, and are too different to compare. The 86 is a usable coupe with four seats, while the A110 is a lightweight, mid-engine track car that happens to be streetable. The A10 most directly competes with the 718 Cayman, Alfa 4C, and the Elise 250, and those cars are nowhere even close to being 86 (and by association, Miata) competitors.

4. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

IMO its not a track oriented car. For sure, it will be great on a track. However, it is setup for the road, and from what I have heard it handles bumpy roads rather well. Since it has passive suspension, you can't change it via drive modes to be stiffer for track use. Of course, a good passive setup has many advantages.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

This I have to laugh at, it's legitimately hilarious. Ever been in a GT86.
    The trunk, one of the smallest I've ever seen. Can barely pack a few bags for a week away, don't even think about using a suitcase and certainly don't bring bedding with you as they won't fit.
    Back seats? They're there. Theyre so small a 10 year old child doesn't fit in them though, not exaggerating, we've tried, with the front seat all the way forwards there is 8 inches of leg room.
    It is not a 4 seater, it's not even advertised as such (it's a 2+2) and they're so utterly useless that they really shouldn't have been there in the first place. Like most 2+2's, they're only there for tax purposes.

6. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

It originally wasn't supposed to have them, when the prototypes where shown, they had no back seats just a compartment, at least on the few I saw.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

RIP the Toyota Mark X!

8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

They're literally just for the United States import laws that charge extra tariffs on 2 seater cars for no reason so they were added to get around that. They are only useful for dumping your bag on if you have a front seat passenger

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Not to mention that the GT-86 is many, MANY performance levels below the Alpine even on it's best day.
    GT-86 relies on being sporty and light even though it has mediocre handling and weighs roundabout 2800 pounds.

10. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

pls don't murder me
    toyota and nissan arent what they used to be

Nissan used to produce nice cars to drive, they had subtle styling and good engines.
    Nissan now produces lumpy cars that bear little resemblance to their predecessors
    For Example
    Cutesy Runabout

Lumpy crap

Toyota used to produce reasonably priced cars that are built well, the only thing in their current lineup that's still good is the hilux

but the rest of their lineup is awful

1999 Avensis estate

2018 avensis

wtf happened

BUT
    i have to credit nissan on their one electric drivetrain plan.

#15150 Alex_Farmer557, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  11. XManic1995

XManic1995
    Expand Collapse

It's awesome.

12. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Well, we now know what the Takumi boy is up to.

13. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

It doesn't misfire at all when the TC clutch is locking and unlocking. It only does it when there's hardly any load on the engine.
    On another note, is this disrespectful? Car is a 2019 Escape i4 fwd. You can hear the power steering pump growing increasingly unhappy as the romping progresses.

14. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

more concerned about the fact you're asking if it's disrespectful tbh..

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

That's incredibly disrespectful.
    Seriously, on the list of things that aren't okay, that's hella not okay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Are the dead people gonna get upset about it?

17. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

If someone drove over my grave, it better be something other than a ford edge

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I would be in a bit of a sticky situation if I miscalculated and plowed over a row of headstones, but so far that hasn't happened.

19. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

If I were visiting a graveyard to quietly pay respect towards someone, only to find some tool driving around like a twat, I would probably be a *little* bit irritated. And honestly, I don't think that is an unreasonable way to feel. Its a graveyard, not a racetrack.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Of course I'm not gonna do it when anyone is there. That would make me a huge dickhead, undebatable. I make a calm lap to make sure there's no one around first. The place is always desolate.
    As long as I'm not disturbing people trying to mourn or damaging property I don't really see the issue. No harm no foul.
    Or maybe I'll be eternally damned for my sins.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice