General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Im kind of wondering how the VW ID3 will do because the boss of VW treats it a bit like the successor of the Golf. Im not sure if the market is ready for that. Also why cant VW design the ID3 a bit like a normal car the ID3 looks as bad as the BMW i3 why cant they make it like peugeot or opel wich just design them normally?

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Youngtimer

Youngtimer
    Expand Collapse

I like what's Peugeot doing, to offer the same car in petrol, diesel, hybrid and electric configs. Although IMO new 208 is ugly AF.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

One of these is a precision instrument of speed and terror... the other is an Alfa Romeo.

75A08938-F98B-458F-8A24-382DD36B371B.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

How I wasted the last half-hour:

Attached Files:

• carsinpoland.png
    • Like Like x 3
  5. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

About time I hear someone else have a bit of a distaste for that new 208. I find it very awkward looking and overall out of wack.

6. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

For me, it depends on the angle you look at it from. From some it's amazing, from some it's awfully-proportioned.

At least it looks different from the Mk1 - unlike the new Renault Clio, which I saw at the local dealer and didn't realize was new until I saw the info placard with "NEW CLIO" on it.

7. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

it probably looks better in person, but from the images the 208 has a bunch of unbalanced proportions.

8. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

I personally think the 208 looks fantastic

Not a fan of Peugeot's interior design language though

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Youngtimer

Youngtimer
    Expand Collapse

New Clio looks very beautiful to me, although it's essentially an evolution of the previous model. IMO new models don't need necessarily to be different than the predecessors to be pretty or succesful. But, the most shocking fact about the new Clio is that the most basic model with the starting price of around 11K euros doesn't have aircon! Even Dacia Sandero, the cheapest car in Europe has aircon in all versions. But, there are LED lights and some non-necessary stuff.

10. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

It's not a bad design - in fact, it's one of the better-looking new cars. The issue is that the new model exhibits surprisingly little originality.

As for the equipment... interesting, will have to check it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Raymond Loewy designed this, the facelift for the 1953-onward Studebaker coupes and sedans.

Howard "Dutch" Darrin penned the facelift for the 1951 Kaiser Manhattan (And the Kaiser Darrin.)

And Dick Teague designed the AMX/3, probably the best looking 60's supercars of all time.

Now why the high hell don't they get ANY credit?

12. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Terror, probably. Speed, not so much.
    --- Post updated ---
    The Clio still is at the lower end of the B-segment pricing scale, and when you factor in the cost of the A/C and radio options, it's priced comparably to competitors like the Ford Fiesta and undercuts stuff like the Peugeot 208 or VW Polo.

Sure, there are weird combination choices (No 65 HP engine outside base version? Diesel only in the 2nd one?), but they're no worse than stuff like the manual-only "premium" Ford Fiesta Vignale.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, the Sandero is an amazing value option, even if you consider its general inferiority.

Sure, you may not get as much car itself as in the Clio, but for the price of a base Clio (65 HP, no radio, no A/C, white paint) you can get a white or dark blue Sandero with 10 HP more, a GPS, back-up camera, automatic A/C and spare tire.

And if you were going to pay for the Renault's A/C and radio, you can get alloys, leatherette seats and other paint colours for the Sandero with that money.

13. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Ford just teased the Bronco R prototype, which essentially foreshadows what the new Bronco is sorta gonna look like as a production model.

This oddly reminds me of the F-Series Super Duty and the Land Rover Defender at the same time though.

• Like Like x 4
  14. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I think it looks good so far.

It's a lot like what Toyota did with the Supra, where they revealed a racing variant before they revealed the actual car.

15. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Except with the Supra, it was originally hinted by a more supercar-esque design, rather than a rally raid/baja style design as in the case of the Bronco.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 3
  17. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

18. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I also think its a bit odd. IMO an electric Golf would outsell an ID3. Even more oddly, they have actually engineered and built an electric Golf, but they only intend to sell it for 1 year, at which point the ID3 launches and the e-golf will be discontinued. I do wonder if they will be rare and significant enough that depreciation won't hit them so hard.
    upload_2019-11-5_17-48-29.png

• Like Like x 1
  19. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Did they make the eGolf really only a year? And yes i also think a eGolf would have sold better. I also dislike VW's EV or bust mentality wouldnt at least one hydrogen car be better?

• Like Like x 1
  20. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

So what's the point in introducing the E-Golf if it's only going to be in production for one year? Even Lamborghinis and Ferraris, built in limited quantities, get produced for more than one year.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice