General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. austen64

austen64
    Expand Collapse

A four-door version has been confirmed, as seen in the article MisterKenneth attatched.

2. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Ah, yeah didn't really notice that the spyshot was of a 4-door. I'm just hoping that the Bronco looks good, considering the previous newer Fords have desperately drained my hope and interest in seeing anything new from modern-day Ford.

On other news, GV80 has just been released. Already one of my favorite modern crossovers yet.

3. austen64

austen64
    Expand Collapse

It's a little depressing that they've dropped all of their cars, but I think the Mach-E looks pretty nice. I saw it in person at the Silicon Valley Auto Show. Granted, I think the Mustang styling is too middle-of-the-road (as in they should have either not done it or fully leaned into it), but I'm excited for it nonetheless.

I'm also excited that the Bronco will be body-on-frame, which will hopefully make it more Wrangler and less Defender.

4. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Hey SuperAusten64, what do you think of classic cars?

5. austen64

austen64
    Expand Collapse

Call me a hipster, but when it comes to classic cars I tend to prefer the ones no one remembers. Everywhere you go it’s always ‘57 Chevy this and ‘67 Mustang that. No one talks about cars like the Vega, which is why I find them interesting or at the very least entertaining.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Are you talking about the Chevrolet Vega?

7. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I'm thinking it will.

Indeed. At least they're not Thanosing the original Mustang.
    Considering it's something completely new for the Mustang name, I think it pulls its design off just fine.
    Wouldn't make sense for a Jeep Wrangler rival to share more in common with a Land Rover.

8. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

I looked up the 2020 Ford Bronco on good ol' Google and I actually think it looks quite decent. By the way, that's coming from someone who doesn't care that much for modern cars. I guess the 2020 Ford Bronco shows that not all modern cars have bland and ugly body styles =)

9. austen64

austen64
    Expand Collapse

Yes.
    If you look up the 2020 Bronco on Google Images, you'll get two types of results. The first is "spy shots" of development Broncos, all covered in wrappings so the styling doesn't get revealed to the public before launch.

The second kind is fan-made concept renderings. These are not what the actual vehicle looks like. Currently, no one but Ford and a handful of journalists and dealership owners knows what the new Bronco will look like.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for answering my question about the Chevrolet Vega SuperAusten64 =)

As for the Ford Bronco. I remembering seeing an image of the 2020 Bronco with round looking circle headlights. Is that a fake image?

• Like Like x 1
  11. austen64

austen64
    Expand Collapse

All we have to go on for what the Bronco will look like is these four things.

1. This official teaser image:

2. These spy photos of what seems to be very close to a production model, covered in a wrap:

3. This photo of an alleged Bronco headlight:

4. Reports from Ford dealership owners who were shown the Bronco at a private press event, who say the car "maintained retro styling elements from the original, including a rectangular grille and round headlights."

So while it seems as though the new Bronco will have round headlights, any pictures you see of an uncovered Bronco aren't real.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the informative post SuperAusten64 =)

By the way, that 2020 round headlight Bronco I was mentioning in my previous post was uncovered, so it's probably fake.

13. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

There's also technically the Bronco R concept to go off as well, which will have some cues on the real Bronco model.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Since Austin already mentioned some key points, here's another one I want to throw into the ring: The 2004 concept.

If you've seen the movie Rampage with Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson, you'll definitely recognize it.

I've been under the impression, especially since when I first saw the teaser of it under the tarp, that the 2004 concept was possibly going to serve as an inspiration for its design, albeit more modernized, especially considering that it looks as if the 2004 concept could easily fit under that tarp as it is presented. Whether I'm right or wrong has yet to be realized.

I'm convinced that it may actually be real. It doesn't look like anything other headlight on current vehicles today, and while it could just be me, it gives me that feeling of it being real that for some reason I can't describe. If it turns out that it actually is fake, then damn is it a very convincing picture.
    --- Post updated ---
    I'm actually glad you mentioned that Mullet. His case in point.

15. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Wow, I did not know that there was a concept of a 2004 Ford Bronco. By the way, I don't think I've seen that movie you mentioned, but thanks for showing me that 2004 concept image anyways.

As for the real/fake Bronco thing. I think SuperAusten64 already gave some decent information about the vehicle, but I do agree that the image of that 2020 Bronco looks real and very convincing.

16. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

By the way, while I was at my grandma's house. I learned that cobalt is mined for rechargeable car batteries and iPod batteries, laptop batteries, etc and I noticed that there were children used to mine the cobalt. I also heard that Tesla and BMV were going to try to get their batteries from more ethical sources. Also, my grandma said that she would rather have the planet be 1 degree warmer then have child labor and I also remember her saying that electric cars were only part of the solution.

17. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Pretty much scientifically proven at this point that 1.5 degrees warmer than today is potentially an extinction level event as that's the point that bushfires and wildfires becomes a constant thing regarding certain countries and good simply becomes unable to grow in many areas.
    She's right, there's child labour involved. But there is in everything these days and there's companies trying to fix it. She's also very much right that alternatively fuelled vehicles are only part of the problem. Cars aren't the only source of greenhouse gases. Electricity production, aircraft and cargo ships are too, in the US in particular also got a lot of trains that haven't been electrified but they're a much smaller part of the picture.

We do have one climate change denier here, but then he also apparently doesn't understand some fairly simple science, and frankly if you don't understand something it doesn't mean it's not true. Fun fact, provable in public domain papers that the only scientific reports that claim climate change isn't real all have errors in, a handful of them even down to the point of stating things along the lines of "1+1=7"
    --- Post updated ---
    One thing that's been proposed in the UK. UK actually has an unusual problem, overnight we have too much power being generated by wind turbines, more power than we can use. Very simple solution, put a brake on them (currently done).
    Or, the proposed fix. Use the excess wind power to generate hydrogen and then do one of two different things. Either put it in the gas mains alongside the natural gas and propane already in there so people's heating systems and cookers can run on it during the next day. Or, gas power plants are our main fossil fuel plants here, generate hydrogen at one, store it there, run the plant on it the next day until it runs out.

Burning hydrogen produces water. And in many ways, hydrogen storage is less of a problem than charging batteries

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Stumbled upon this infographic explaining different hot rod bodywork modification terms.

Attached Files:

• FB_IMG_1579267115433.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  19. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

mmmmmmmm Chopped 'n Channeled.

20. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Who is the climate change denier here?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice