General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. miangemidemon666

miangemidemon666
    Expand Collapse

yes but the fiesta is not perfect, I prefer the 1967 Jaguar 420G, it is the car to bring my burglars. You have neither stopped the passage near a 2018 Ford Fiesta, you have a big trunk to put your pairs of shoes and bring a painting table.

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

It's a dry clutch dual clutch, they do tend to be clunky and harsh, and underbuilt for application too. Shame, dry dual clutches can be really sporty and awesome, just ford built a shit one it seems.

They aren't a flawless company by any means. They build some good stuff and some terrrrrrible stuff. Seems their automatics are the latter and their manuals the prior.

I know less about their 6 speed manuals that are now available as standard in STs and some higher end/more recent (at least in Europe) non ST vehicles, besides that the unit in a MK3 focus ST is apparently good for far more power and torque than is even possible to transmit to the ground in that car, but annoyingly doesn't come from factory with an LSD. Feels nice to shift though and is the only car I've owned that doesn't have issues with reverse engagement. The 6 speed in the old ST170 focuses however is garbage and was so flimsy that the technically higher end RS went to an MTX75 just because the getrag was basically under its max stress in the naturally aspirated ST170

3. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I figured I should respond to this one, at least. The article makes some interesting points, but it comes from a fundamentally flawed point of view, which is that increasing population density is a positive thing. It's not. Human life just does not flourish when crammed into the tiny spaces of the inner city. Pollution builds up with no chance to dilute, constant stress leads to anger, disease spreads quickly, criminals have a target-rich environment... it's just a horror show. Reversing densification, spreading people out so they have more room to breathe, would do wonders for people's health and sanity, and, in the end, for car-enthusiast culture as well.

#17503 NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck, Apr 24, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Not if the people live sustainably, which they should, and which low density does not help.

Stress like being stranded if your car breaks down? Like commuting long distances to everything? Like being in deep shit if the only employer in your field fires you?

Wait, these are all issues with rural living.

We live in an era when this is no longer a big problem, with the current pandemic being an one-of-a-kind.

There are a lot more important factors in crime than density.

I'm also quite sure that people not having to buy a car on the basis of reliability for daily commutes and local availability of service would be much better for car culture.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. miangemidemon666

miangemidemon666
    Expand Collapse

rather than staying on conversation with manual speeds and Fiesta, watch this ugly horror
    5490dfe4-1c52-11ea-82bb-0eda3a42da3c.jpg 2021ChevroletTahoe-interior-01.jpg
    This is the new 2021 Chevrolet Suburban, a luxury SUV that was even bigger and more comfortable, I saw that we have a new generation with the famous inline-6 and the V8, it may be that the design is no longer looks like an SUV, it looks like a Suburtruck to mix its Tesla, I think the interior is more technological, which is cool for fun because we can transform this screen into a Sketchbook.

6. SuperchargedAndSavage!

SuperchargedAndSavage!
    Expand Collapse

1.jpeg
    Am I the only one who can't understand what he's saying??

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Again, wrong category. The Suburban's just a SUV (an LWB one at that), but the Escalade is an actual Luxury SUV.
    It still looks like a SUV, and in no hell is that even remotely like a Cybertruck.
    That makes no logical sense... not even in the slightest.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. miangemidemon666

miangemidemon666
    Expand Collapse

No the Escalade is a Cadillac

9. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I know that. The Suburban isn't a luxury SUV at the end of the day though.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. miangemidemon666

miangemidemon666
    Expand Collapse

is a mid-size SUV

11. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Wow, I couldn't tell.

/s

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

It is a full size SUV. Can you try to use proper English and grammar? Reading your posts has confused me to the point of brain hurt.

• Agree Agree x 8
  13. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Test drove a private-seller 1995 Camaro, 3.4 5MT. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it was the biggest hunk of trash I've ever driven. It ran so rough I'm surprised it ran at all, and the shifter bounced up and down going over bumps as if the gearbox wasn't properly secured and was just dangling off the engine! After our drive, smoke billowed from the right rear wheel, as if from a sticking brake caliper or severely malfunctioning wheel bearing. The total length of the drive was 1.5 miles, maybe; I'm honestly surprised it didn't break down in that distance.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I would absolutely scratch that car off the list. Personally I'd be afraid that the smoke from the right rear wheel could end up preceding a fire.

How many miles did this Camaro have?

• Like Like x 1
  15. SuperchargedAndSavage!

SuperchargedAndSavage!
    Expand Collapse

I agree wit

yikes. so that one's a no I suppose?

16. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

The 3.4 isn't as good as the 3.8, so I would stay away for that reason alone. 4th gen F-bodies are also more difficult to work on than some other cars. Someone I know has a V8 model, and it seems to take abuse well enough. I wouldn't buy one as a daily though as pretty much every sporty car from that era is going to be beat up and are guaranteed to need to be sorted out. Good luck with that Neon, if I was in your position I would probably try to get that one if everything checks out.

17. CakeOnTheTop

CakeOnTheTop
    Expand Collapse

tell you what, a straight piped and supercharged 3800 sounds like a v8. my dad has one and even if i can't see the car the 4speed has a whine to it, so i have a spidey-sense for old gm cars... hoorah. would love to buy a monte carlo and put a procharger on it :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I have been thinking about removing the resonator and muffler from my Regal once I am able to work on it again. Not sure if I'm going to do it yet, as I want it to be roadtrip-able and not anger my neighbors too much. I might cut the muffler open instead and remove the partitions to make it a little louder.

• Like Like x 1
  19. miangemidemon666

miangemidemon666
    Expand Collapse

yes but it is the poor man's Camaro, this 3.4L is not a V8 but a 6 cylinder. I saw that he would have bought a Z/28 for drifter.

20. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Dry clutch should disable idle creep or drive like s**t at low speeds and clutch overheat in stop-and-go traffic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice