General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. machine

machine
    Expand Collapse

GT's 15th birthday today

IMG_20210107_151033.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jakux

Jakux
    Expand Collapse

Sweet Alfa! Happy Birthday? wow, i`m wishing birthday wishes to a car lol

3. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

What an ugly logo, but if that's the message they're trying to convey I can get behind it. GM will be glad to see I've been putting their product line through vigorous real-world testing.

#18223 Potato, Jan 14, 2021 at 1:40 AM
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021 at 4:24 AM
    • Like Like x 2
  4. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Pop-up bonnet is another money-milking engineering disguised as a safety feature. In crashworthiness testing, most vehicle rated G in pedestrian safety do NOT have any sort of pop-up bonnet, thus if someone got hit by a car rated G, the injuries are as low as pop-up bonnet. Also I heard of those driver's driving experience that the pop-up bonnet deployed upon rear-ending at 5km/h, upon hitting a wild cat, upon hitting a bird, upon hitting a stone blown up by a vehicle without a mudflap in front of them, or even deployed upon being kicked by a road-rager in the front bumper. In the above situation w/o Pop-up bonnet, the repair costs are zero(bumper within elastic deformation) or very little(repaint bumper).
    Then why people still buy those cars? The main reason is that most if not all people are completely unaware of the anti-feature upon purchase, until they get very frustrated after a very minor collision. Also there are those people, rich people living in a developed country whose family owns three or more vehicles, they may even feel good when a pedestrian was "saved" by pop-up bonnet after being hit, while completely ignoring the fact that other vehicle rated G in pedestrian safety would do the same.
    Front bumper and bonnet are designed and built in a way to lower injury/damage upon collision in most modern vehicles w/o those fancy pop-up bonnet, vote with out wallet, buy these vehicles instead.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice