General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Cyboy

Cyboy
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone had experience with the Ford Fiesta ST MK7?
    Would you recommend it?

2. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

bruh ford is doomed. discontinuing all their cars, going electric, like, come on. saw my first lightning last night, tho! a dark metallic red one. ngl, kinda odd looking

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cyboy

Cyboy
    Expand Collapse

Ford Europe is kinda driving their brand into a wall right now sadly

4. SmokeyDokey

SmokeyDokey
    Expand Collapse

Same with Dodge... and Chevy...
    The only company I see never going electric is Pagani, only because they only know how to make the same car over and over, but slightly better
    OIP.jpg Screenshot2022-11-05105129.jpg
    Spot the difference! Wait, there are none...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cyboy

Cyboy
    Expand Collapse

It's really sad to think that cars like these won't be continued:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SmokeyDokey

SmokeyDokey
    Expand Collapse

All of them will be missed. Especially the Fiesta, now there'll never be a factory mid-engined V8 Fiesta :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

You know, it should be theoretically possible to Hellcat swap a Dodge Intrepid (or other LH-platform car) and have it stay FWD. I'm not even tempted to claim that the resulting monstrosity would be in any way driveable, let alone any fun to drive, but it would truly be one of the builds of all time

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. SmokeyDokey

SmokeyDokey
    Expand Collapse

Don't give anyone any ideas, that would be an abomination
    But, I'd still love to see the result of that, and the result of an AWD Hellcat powered Dodge Neon.

9. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

A little bit less possible, I'm afraid. The Neon was a relatively modern transverse-FWD design and was never available in an AWD form, whereas the LH platfom (Intrepid, New Yorker, Concorde, 300M, LHS) was a longitudinal-FWD descendant of a late-1970s French design. It used, as far as I know, an L-FWD overdrive version of the old TorqueFlite automatic, and it shared a couple of engines with the later, RWD, LX-platform cars, i.e. the 300, Charger, and Challenger. (I've also heard that the LX may have been a RWD evolution of the LH, but the last time I mentioned that I was told it was all Mercedes, so maybe Wikipedia was wrong about this one.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. urbanestdog45

urbanestdog45
    Expand Collapse

I’m pretty sure the LX platform is related to the W211 E-Class of MB (longitudinal front engine RWD/AWD midsize) because Chrysler at the time was DaimlerChrysler when the LX platform was introduced.

11. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I heard that the LX platform is essentially a modified LH with w220 and w211 subframes bolted underneath. The LH was intended to be able to be converted to rwd and awd with ease, depending on market demand, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is shared sheet metal between the LX and LH.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. GearHead1

GearHead1
    Expand Collapse

I'm surprised Chrysler never stuffed a Magnum in one...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

I've heard rumours that when Chrysler got a bailout in the early 80s, one of the stipulations was that they weren't allowed to put any money into developing new V8 passenger cars, hence the prowler having a V6, the viper having a V10, and concept cars having I8s and V12s.

14. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I consider this 100% plausible and I absolutely despise the line of thinking that led to it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

it also explains why they were so happy with doing the poorly conceived chrysler-mercedes merger, since it financially got them out of the bailout, and they could nab some RWD components while they were at it.

16. GearHead1

GearHead1
    Expand Collapse

That's sad. The LH platform was designed to easily be converted to FWD, RWD, and AWD, so we could have easily got a Camaro/Mustang style pony car, as well as a larger LWB V8-powered Imperial.

17. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

What do you think Mercury would make if they were still around? a Grand Marquis with a de Sade package (lol)? But seriously.

18. SmokeyDokey

SmokeyDokey
    Expand Collapse

Probably just rebadged fords. They'd become Buick, boring and forgotten. Same for Plymouth, but with Dodge.

I'm still pissed that Dodge didn't give us a modern Superbird type thing using the challenger.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. BlueLife

BlueLife
    Expand Collapse

just a quick question. lancer evo 9 or subaru wrx sti (hawkeye)

20. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

they probably would have been the brand that sold euro fords in the US, like what basically happened to buick.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice