General computer talk/advice

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by BlueScreen, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Oh ok, I better get making videos again

2. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

I bet your fidget doesn't spin as fast as mine
    spinner.jpg

4. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

AMD stock fan is best fan
    upload_2017-6-24_15-0-1.png

5. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Damn, mines won't go faster than that, and still make as much noise than an hoover
    qqcsbsdfb.jpg

6. jetcoasterfan

jetcoasterfan
    Expand Collapse

Should I upgrade my Intel R i7-6700k with a i9-7900X processor?

7. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

No

8. jetcoasterfan

jetcoasterfan
    Expand Collapse

Why, because of the price right now?

9. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Because unless you have some very very serious and heavy workloads you won't notice any difference between the two. Plus the 6700k will likely overclock more (since it has less threads) and therefore be faster in gaming workloads. So unless you really need more cores for some workstation style workload there would be no point. Unless you want to spend all that money just so you can say you have one.

10. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  11. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Well, I'm starting to get pretty desperate for a new GPU. I'm really starting to see these R9 380's of mine starting to age. I just want MSAA, damnit. :(

EDIT: Oh no, I just got some artifacting exiting to the desktop. AMD, please, just release Vega already.

12. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Do you think its going to be the furnace that a rumour lead to, like 350+ w of tdp. Like its going into mobile APUs so it better scale down a lot, or it is designed to be a small GPU and is overvolted to get to high frequencies (like 90% of RX5xx manafacturers do to make their seem better)

13. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

It could heat up my room to the same temperature as the surface of the sun and use 1600W of power and I still wouldn't care. An article I read (cba to find it right now) claimed 15-50% better performance than Titan Xp from Vega Frontier Edition.

I don't need a Frontier, I need, like, middle of the range Vega. And I need it fast.

14. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Ill be honest I too am feeling the struggle, like my 960 (which is less powerful than a R9 380) is not that powerful, and I want to get a free sync monitor and I love the AMD innovations (like Radeon Chill™ ) also Wattman™ is good too

***EDIT
    Why don't you just swap in the GTX 980 for now? what does your HTPC machine do anyway?

15. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I am seriously considering switching to AMD for both CPU and GPU with my next build (which won't be this generation). I have a freesync monitor as my secondary screen, since I have no intention to spend the amount of money it costs to get G-sync, plus who knows if G-sync has a long life ahead of it whereas freesync likely does due to its more open nature. Currently I just use it as a fixed 75hz monitor.
    So if AMD has the performance without any other draw backs, sure, I would be more than happy to go AMD.

16. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Because I don't want an Nvidia GPU anywhere near my personal rig. I don't agree with their business practices.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

reminder that AMD has completely ditched proprietary drivers for Linux and only works on open source versions now

who do you wanna choose

filthy green capitalist pigs nvidia

or free as in FREEDOM glorious red AMD masterrace?

18. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Depends who gives me the highest FPS for my budget xD
    But like I said, I do value the features that AMD has added to their cards, however if Nvidia adds freesync to their cards I would have no issue buying another providing it is faster for the money. But value for money has kinda been AMD's thing, so if Vega is fast enough to offer good value in the mid to high end PC market and they still offer good value, I am all in.

19. Eastham

Eastham
    Expand Collapse

Think I'm going to buy a CPU for my desktop, might go with a 3570k again or maybe a 2600k. Laptop is nice 'n all but I do miss having a desktop, my desktop has always been the mothership to my other devices.

20. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Wow, my computer chair is dying... Any Ideas for a cheap chair that doesn't hurt your back to much?

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice