General computer talk/advice

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by BlueScreen, Jan 25, 2015.

1. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I need one too mine is a 10 year old ikea chair for 39 euros. I also heard that the speedlink ones are good

2. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

They aren't cheap though... I might personally have a look in second hand products.

3. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I have to say that i rather pay a bit more and get something new. The only thing i buy used are cars

4. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I don't know what to say really. I used to have a big soft office chair thing at my parents house, it was really comfy. However I used to get really bad backache a lot. At my current house I have a thinly padded chair with no adjustability and no upper back support and ever since I have lived here I don't get back ache any more. So its all a bit of a dark art really.

The only real advise I can give is not to buy "Gaming" chairs or "Racing" chairs, and when I say that I mean the glorified office chairs that seem to have had sponsorship deals with everyone a year ago, not proper racing chairs.

Ive not heard anything but good things about HermanMiller chairs such as the Areon. But they are somewhere around a grand, so don't get your hopes up for one of those :p

Supposedly the Ikea Marcus is worth looking into

#6644 aljowen, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  5. Racermon

Racermon
    Expand Collapse

I play games in a pretty stiff framed recliner
    been going strong for over 2 years
    I can use the mouse on the arm rest comfortably too and I am about 6ft tall so yeahhh
    ReclinerFTW

6. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

One thing im thinking of doing is buying an old leather car seat and then making that into my office chair because usually i dont get backaches when im in a car

7. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I know those big leather chairs, the first 5 mins are really confortable, but after not that much. I'm looking for a "Firm" seat, and a seat that keep you well sat straigh. Because I always end up put my feets onto my desk lol.

Yeah, I was thinking about buying a cheap bucket seat, and fix it onto a normal chair thing. But that's not easy to do. I will have to change the 403 seats, but the olds one are completly dead. BUUUT the driver seat of the Golf is really used, so I might buy a new one for it and used it as a computer seat ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

My new desktop background, apparently...
    Capture434.png

9. KJP12

KJP12
    Expand Collapse

10. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Racermon

Racermon
    Expand Collapse

I have filled my desktop almost 3 times
    2 times was with dual monitors and this 3rd time is with one

12. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Just updated the requirements section of the game because of optimizations. I also added more comparisons and newer hardware, for more clarity. I have more plans for later, but it's a start.

13. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

This is pretty neat. Assetto Corsa at 8K 60fps, not that my PC is even slightly equipped to handle that video stream over YouTube.

14. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Is the Thrustmaster TMX fully supported in BeamNG? In the list of supported wheels, it says no FFB, manual setup, and low FPS. Did that change? I'm going to get one if it's fixed.

15. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

It requires some manual setup, but I've had no issues with mine after re-configuring the in-game controls about a dozen times. Of course, I'm a bit of a moron, so your mileage will vary there.

16. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

What do you mean by manual setup? Like, setting the bindings or changing the graphs and sensitivity? Finally, FFB is good?
    Sorry so many questions, wheels are pricy.

17. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

It'll be somewhat plug and play, but the experience will be absolutely horrendous. You'll need to adjust wheel latency, pedal latency, and invert both pedal axes. These are done in the graphs you mentioned. I'd also recommend re-binding buttons to a more personalized configuration.

You can also customize your wheel from the wheel properties panel in the Game Controllers portion of the Windows control panel after you install drivers and update the firmware. There you can adjust things such as rotation degree (it'll do 180° to 900°) and spring and dampener settings.

I'd call FFB very good for the price of the wheel. I like my wheel heavy and it does a fantastic job there. It's also compatible with Thrustmaster's TH8A shifter and T3PA (and T3PA-Pro) pedals, which I would recommend as the included pedals are, we'll say, disappointing. But the wheel itself is a good wheel. I highly recommend it.

18. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

anyone here bought a hard drive from CeX before?

19. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

I bought a Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB 2.5" Hard Drive from them before. It has no issues, though that doesn't mean all the hard drives they sell will be fine.

20. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

While everyone should be backing up their stuff anyway, a hard drive from CeX should probably be a real motivator for making sure your backups are 100% in check :p

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice