1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General computer talk/advice

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by BlueScreen, Jan 25, 2015.

1. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

I'll try out a reinstall now out of curiosity. I don't have a huge number of mods really, probably about 10 maps and 10 cars as well as some small stuff.

Honestly pretty bad, I originally had it on my 5400rpm 2TB WD Red drive and moving it to my SSD it doesn't feel much better at all, its barely noticeable. May be improved when I reinstall now but I'll update on that then.

2. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

East Coast USA..

3. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Well just reinstalled and now I'm able to go up to 16 cars no problem and 30+ basic props, much more like it. I can also say loading times are alot better now too.

Runs pretty well too, about 30fps, GPU limited.

Not sure what it was that was causing so much slow down before but its much better now for loading times too :D

• Awesome Awesome x 2
  4. Racermon

Racermon
    Expand Collapse

Now if you wanted you can crash 12 trucks :D
    EDIT:
    I wonder if I tried spawning all the trucks again if the game will crash at the same point or crash sooner or later
    time to find out
    EDIT(2):
    33-34 secs to load up E.C.USA
    time to clear cache
    first cleared cache attempt got a 40-41, something may have went wrong, I don't know
    second cleared cache attempt got a 38-39, seems like the same thing occurred again (late reaction)
    third cleared cache attempt got a 37-38, nothing wrong turn out what is happening is normal
    fourth cleared cache attempt got a 37-38, nothing to note

Shall I try a 200mhz+(core) and 400mhz+(mem) to the gpu?

#6984 Racermon, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  5. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

More or less the same for me, every load of ECA was about 33-35 seconds and thats from my SSD.

6. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

No, I mean clear cache to wipe the level data, making it created a new cache, then DONT clear cache the second time, so it's faster. Thanks, though :)
    Oh, you did silly me :p

7. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

I finished Odin server, it's a NAS. Specs: Pentium G630, 8GB RAM, an Intel gigabit NIC, four 2TB WD Red HDDs, a 16GB flash drive.
    It is running Arch, installed onto the flash drive, with the WD Reds in a BTRFS RAID 10. It has samba installed, so it works with Windows.

Gigabit is wonderfully fast.
    --- Post updated ---
    Update to that: I've put a couple games on the NAS. It works... Quite well actually...

• Like Like x 3
  8. pickle330

pickle330
    Expand Collapse

(I guess this belongs in this thread)

I'm looking at buying a smartphone with a $150 CAD or lower budget. So far my best options seem to be a Samsung Galaxy S5 ($115), LG G3 ($125), and a 2014 Motorola Moto X ($100). Originally I wanted a more durable phone like a Kyocera Brigadier, but I could never find one with affordable shipping to Canada. I also figured that something with more performance would be useful. Anyone have any suggestions?

9. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

The s5 is quite good if its the normal one i heard that the s5 neo isnt as well made as the normal s5.

10. eeEtilt

eeEtilt
    Expand Collapse

My mum loved her old first-gen X. She got a third-gen Moto G afterwards because Vodafone is a pain to unlock phones from.

However, the LG is a phablet and packs more power iirc.

11. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Dies anyone here have a logitech shifter? If yes how do you hook it up via usb or something else because i want a manual shifter and i dont want to spend zo much money on one and i dont want to buy a new steering wheel

12. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Yes, me. I use a really nice little USB box made by LeoBodnar. It doesn't look or feel that great, however it is actually very solid and well made. Functionally it works great, most games pick it up without issues too.

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index...id=188&zenid=dcc02f29aa37a39d64fdf4cb87c9c5ae

Fun fact: The Logitech gear shifter is actually a joystick with a metal plate above it to restrict its movement. So it actually has fully analogue output which is then converted in software to gear selections.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

jesus i thought "before a C2D" meant before a Core 2 Duo, like woah is that a Pentuim D on super-mega-ultra steroids :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

I thought it meant "Crash to Desktop" xD

15. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

I just shorten Core 2 XX sometimes, im confusing my self. C2D actually means crash to desktop but i would use CTD, but oh well :p

Flashing my phone again with the ASUS Rom now, i can't be bothered anymore with the shit standby time and non-existant video recording and the camera app is really slow as it has been hacked onto lineage, so back to a bloated Zen UI

16. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

I found out how to get the loading times to be SSD speed! You have to move the cache from the HDD to the SSD! It loaded in 36 seconds on the SSD with the cache on the HDD, but now it loads in 4 seconds!

• Like Like x 2
  17. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Alright, I still don't feel like explaining the whole thing, but installing the SSD into the case was a trainwreck (works though :)), and I'm not installing Windows on it because when I did, it was crashing, buggy, and just crap. And I rarely see it restart, I set it to update/restart weekly in the night. So, I've installed the long-loading programs and most-used programs on it, and I still have 85GB! Awesome, but what now?

18. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

Install Windo... Oh... Uhh, you must've broken something during the install.

19. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

1. Insert USB drive with Windows 10 installer.
    2. Boot into the UEFI partition of the drive. (my BIOS always has 2 for installers on that drive)
    3. Select language, Windows 10 Home, no license key, start.
    4. Leave it alone.
    5. Reboot and finish setting up.
    6. ???
    7. Profit
    I don't know what I could've broke, but Windows might have. One day I need to completely wipe my system and start fresh, it could really use one.

20. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I really should reinstall windows too at some point because its often acting wierd like taking ages to open and show the folders and i have to reboot sometimes to get it to show downloaded files and so on but i guess if i get an amd card ill have to do it anyway
    Edit: Today i went to an electronic store near me and got a laptop for my aunt was 600 euros with an amd r5 and a a9 processor wich is enough for her i also looked what they charge for an 1070 and it was way overpriced cost 700 euros they also wanted 400 for a 2gb 950 wich is way to much for those

#7000 skodakenner, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017