1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General computer talk/advice

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by BlueScreen, Jan 25, 2015.

1. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Would a intel hd graphics 600 series be better or worse than a 940mx?

2. Eastham

Eastham
    Expand Collapse

The 940mx would probably be significantly better.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Got my first cherry ML based keyboard to join my existing cherry MX and Alps keyboards

4. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

And here it is. It's cute. Sorta 75%ish layout. Uses cherry ML switches which were low profile mechanical switches. They have 3mm of travel versus the MX 3.5-4mm. there's no color coding to them like there is on the MX, there was only one type produced, a tactile switch with a 45cn spring, in a way it's like an MX brown, but the tactile bump isn't as pronounced and it's lighter to press. Also requires specific keycaps. Mx caps don't fit.

Attached Files:

• IMG_20170812_200153.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  5. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I need a new pc mouse as mines one of the first optical usb mice and the buttons get stuck alot i can spend 50 euros on one and it doesnt need to be full with buttons the standard buttons with two extra ones are enough also it doesnt need to be wireless

6. Ulrichou86

Ulrichou86
    Expand Collapse

I don't know enough to give you advices, but I've been using the Logitech G300s for a few months and it's a fairly good mouse for the price.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Maybe take a look at some of the cheaper Steel Series mice, they are pretty subtle (no gamery gimmicks or bright colours) and have a pretty standard shape to them with two side buttons. Cheapest Razer deathadder also has a similar simple design with no nonsense.

Or you could take apart the mouse you have at the minute and clean it because thats like 99% likely to be the problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Eastham

Eastham
    Expand Collapse

Everything gamer related now seems to be RGB this and "Agressive" design that, it's like the rice of the computer world.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. KJP12

KJP12
    Expand Collapse

like... When will it stop???

Also... mechanical keyboards... Sure they are suppose to be more of a premium type, but they seem to be associated with gamers for whatever reason...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

You can still get plenty of non gaming mechanicals. Ducky, DAS and WASD for example, along with cooler master having a few and cherry still manufacturing boards. Also alot of custom options.

That said some of the options I just listed besides cherry, still have an rgb backlight option these days. Otherwise you can happily use the gaming boards for typing or the non gaming for gaming. Only difference is literally housing design. Nkro and anti ghost is in many typists boards and is all you need for a gaming board (debatable if you need nkro)

11. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

When i usually take apart something i cant put it back together so getting a new one would probably be my best choice

12. KJP12

KJP12
    Expand Collapse

Mice tends to be easier to open and close (as long you don't smash it to open it) so you could open the mouse up. If you can't get it open with the one visible screw, there's likely a screw hiding under the label, if the label is big enough.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

IMG_20170813_100531.jpg
    The current collection. Top right is a UK40, dubbed the memeboard, custom design by a member of a mechanical keyboard discord, she only got the 10pcbs in that alpha run, a second run is coming with the offset enter key being fixed and some other changes. Runs an arduino sketch that I wrote. Mx clears
    Top left, quickfire tk. Mx browns. Bone stock.
    Then bottom left is a dell at102w with Alps complicated black switches, they're an MX brown rival, significantly more tactile but wobblier and louder, as well as being quite scratchy. It's PCB has no diodes so ghosts like a bitch. I'm going to mod it with usb and see if I can add the diodes it needs.

Then bottom right is the new guy. Cherry d-91275, or aka a g84-4100ppagb. Also no diodes. I might make a replacement circuitboard for it with Bluetooth

14. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I have this mechanical keyboard where i dont know where it came from wich make it is and what switches it uses but its nice to type on and said mouse wich is basically the same story but i know that its a typhoon mouse wich is from around 2006

Attached Files:

• 20170813_112244.jpg
    • 20170813_112253.jpg
  15. Ulrichou86

Ulrichou86
    Expand Collapse

Hey, my headset is dying :/ One of the speaker isn't as loud as the other one, lower sounds are barely hearable... I've been using a Plantronics gamecom 380 for the past few years, it was a fairly good headset but it doesn't handle drops too well ^^

So I'm looking for a cheap 60-70€ 7.1 headset with a decent microphone.

16. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

The Logitech G430 is supposed to be a good one and costs 60 euros

17. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Look at Hyper X cloud headsets, should fit into that range for price, sound great, have one of the best mics for an all in one headset and are all metal built. Have had mine for a few years now and they are definitely worth it imo.

18. Ulrichou86

Ulrichou86
    Expand Collapse

I don't know about this one. A friend had one for a few years and he had a lot of issues with it :/

I heard it was quite heavy, is it true?

19. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Not really, while they are almost all metal its aluminium so its probably only like 300grams or so all together. They are really good for comfort overall, I can wear them for hours on end without them getting annoying or uncomfortable.

• Like Like x 1
  20. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

i have a Sennheiser PC333d wich is super cheaply made but the mikrophone is perfect soundwise and the earphones too but it costs 130 euros