General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

So Steam bugged... The app isn't even running :p

(imported from here)

2. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Robins drunk, fuckers. Look out.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry, guys. I immediately regret this decision. Oh Jesus Mary Josph.

Dummis, halp the robin.

Im gonna go to bed. Night, night, forum. You all sleep right now, ya here.

3. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

My little brother (he's 3 and a half years old) just came into my room and said that he had an M3 car, which, in case you don't know, is a BMW.
    The car he was actually holding in his hands was a VW Scirocco though.
    He's got a lot to learn :p

4. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

when I was his age I would of known what the manufacture was at least.

5. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

This is a bit creepy :

#19985 SuperNoob05, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  6. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I always like watching those kinds of videos thanks for sharing.

7. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

I also like these kinds of videos.
    If there would be any abandoned places in the part of Germany were I live I'd probably go to them.
    Well, there is an abandoned mental asylum that's not too far away, but it's in such a bad state that it just wouldn't be safe to go there.

8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Minus the fact he is autistic which typically comes with impaired social skills.

From the experiences I have gleaned. Any sport society will take their sport quite seriously, as they do. If you can play table tennis or badminton to a reasonable level and want to, then sure, go. Ultimate Frisbee tends to be a little more laid back, but watch out, you will get some guys who turn into proper stereotypical jocks with it and will brag about their exploits while down at the SU post game... We'll overlook that Ultimate Frisbee is a sport that even I as an unskilled buffoon can be somewhat competent at... Fun one, but playing regularly isnt for me. Parkour probably also fits into the less serious go along have a laugh category.
    Find out if they're free at your uni (some unis offer all societies for free, some offer just the sports for free, some charge...), try each? Or speak to them at the freshers fair if there is one.

I only get involved with the Computing and Anime societies. Was also registered as a squash player, however thats only because my mate was the captain and he got more funding from the SU.

Tried the pool society, damn they were strict, you absolutely must play by the devon superleague rules, yet we are nowhere near devon... 2 guys couldnt just have a game by their own rules... And thats the thing, its pool, there are so many variations on the ruleset. Whether or not the cue must bounce off the cushion after each shot (I prefer no), whether the cue ball can be moved after the opponent has had a foul (again, I prefer no), where the cue ball is returned to after it leaves the table - open (or american rules), bottom, line, dot, d and for the latter options whether backplay is allowed (usually I play bottom, no backplay), whether a foul is a true free shot or just a bonus shot for the opponent (in some rule sets the free shot can be taken with no foul possible, some it cannot), whether having a free shot + then pocketing a ball leaves you with another shot + the free shot or just the extra shot for pocketing the ball and the free shot is cancelled, or my favourite, is chipping allowed. Theres probably more I'm missing, but, it just goes to show, there is variation to the game, and yet that society, nope, no variation allowed... They just go ape shit. Went once, left early, never returned, I'll stick to playing with mates in the SU.

9. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Pretty much all of the students unions to do with sports say that they accept people at any level, but whether that is just a funding thing or not is something that i dont know since i haven't tried anything. A few of them say that they have separate gatherings for people who wish to play socially and competitively which is a good sign i guess.

In my secondary school the year group was split into two halves, then those two haves were split into people who are good at sports and people who weren't. But many people who were put in the top set asked to move down and other such things. The general result is that bottom set had fun while top set would usually spend the hour shouting abuse at the other players. Everyone hated it when they made both sets play together, people in top set became more aggressive towards others and people in bottom set stopped playing because they didn't want to play with the top set people. I actually broke my arm in a mixed set football game. So i think its fair to say that i would much rather play on the more social side of things.

I could always join the cheer leading society... (although i would probably misspell everything) :p

10. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

I'm thinking about joining Purdue's Formual SAE club. Basically we design, build, and race a Forumal SAE car.

#19990 n0ah1897, Sep 6, 2015
  11. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

What do you guys think I should get for Christmas, an Oculus Rift DK2 or a GTX 970 with a new PSU?

12. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

My mom went to this one a few times in the 1990s. She grew up near Cleveland.

#19992 Joeyfuller2000, Sep 6, 2015
  13. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

As cool as the rift is, a 750 aint gonna drive it reliably. If you absolutely cannot maintain 60fps (or lock to 30) then it turns into a horrid motion sickness inducing experience. I'm not normally fussy about framerates, I used to play minecraft at 10-15, but when the screen is strapped to your face and with a decent amount of pixels to be pushed its a whole new game.

Oh. From another thread. Just because a 750Ti takes bus power does not mean you dont need a PSU upgrade to run it. It just means the amount of power it requires is within the limits of what a PCIe bus is rated for, does not mean your PSU can actually supply it.

14. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

Then I'll go for a PSU and GPU upgrade.
    Gonna see what will fit in my budget/case and see what I can get.

Thanks for explaning it to me.
    Thought that PCI-E would always run at max power, which, if it would've been true, would've meant that it wouldn't have been a problem.
    Probably gonna go for a 500 to 600W PSU (or whatever I need) and a GTX 970 mini-ITX, since I can only fit a mini ITX GPU in my case (IIRC, gonna have a look later today)

15. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

Coffee

(imported from here)

16. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

17. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I think they were planning to get the rift CK1 out by christmas anyway. The HTC vive may also be out at that point to. In terms of VR i would advise that you wait to see which hardware gets adoption and what API's exist to control them.

18. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Huh.
    That explains a lot. I guess I half-assumed but never really put much thought into it.

19. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

??????????????????????????

#19999 CaffeinatedPixels, Sep 6, 2015
  20. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

Just bought some shit, a red/black bumper case for my phone, and some boba for making boba tea (or anything) with.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice