General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. NotLikeThis

NotLikeThis
    Expand Collapse

Merry Xmas, but russian xmas is celebrated 7th jan. lmao

• Like Like x 1
  2. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Merry Christmas to all. I got a Samsung Curved 27" monitor, a Corsair K70 keyboard, and a pair of Bose QuietComfort 25 headphones. I need to buy myself a new desk because the monitor doesn't really fit.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Among a few other things, I got a big lava lamp and a Bonsai tree for christmas.
    Does this mean I'm a hippy now or something?

#22423 Potato, Dec 25, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  4. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

do you have to be a hippy to like banzai trees and lava lamps? I wanna lava lamp :( I wonder if I can get one in TK Maxx, got a voucher to go there.

5. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

I've got a vintage lava lamp, they're a lot of fun for absentmindedly staring at.

6. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I have 2 lava lamps now. A rocket-ship shaped foot-ish tall junky green lava/clear liquid one that's become kinda cloudy. It overheats so fast that it's kinda more trouble than its worth to turn it on. This one I got today is an 18in traditional hourglass-like shape. I think they call it century. It's got yellow liquid and red lava. It looks pretty cool so far. Been warming up for about 4 hours now and doesn't look like it's close to operating temperature. This one also has a dimmer on the light so once it warms up you can, in theory, keep it at operating temperature indefinitely. It'll take some trial and error to find the right setting though. They're pretty cool to stare at. They're also convenient for lighting my room at night when I don't need a whole lamp on, but want enough light to see.
    The bonsai is a "Thoweil Hinoki Cypress".
    I dunno. I just get accused of being a hippy a lot.

7. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Out of all the Steam sales, all I've done is give gifts. Nothing really interesting to me :p
    upload_2015-12-25_14-45-59.png

8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

9. Andrewj2020

Andrewj2020
    Expand Collapse

-

#22429 Andrewj2020, Dec 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  10. Godzilla!

Godzilla!
    Expand Collapse

I'm having above 70+°F temperatures right now but the forcast says it'll snow sometime next week (Sunday and Monday).

11. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

...Rly XD (my bot is running on my username)
    upload_2015-12-25_16-4-47.png

#22431 Dummiesman, Dec 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2015
  12. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Well steam is absolutely f***'d up right now. Should be interesting to see what happens. Hopefully some free gifts from Gaben Himself :p

Im not a regular reddit user but it would seem that a moderator of the steam reddit page has put out a post on reddit stating that steam has been hacked. While others people are suggesting that it is a caching error and not a hack.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/3y77bn/official_2015_winter_sale_day_4_discussion_thread/

Feel sorry for the IT guys who are going to have to do some overtime...

#22432 aljowen, Dec 25, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  13. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Don't go to any personal pages on Steam btw, it may cache it and put yours into the circle of pages displayed.

14. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I closed the steam client on my PC as soon as i got wind of what was going on since i was seeing a Russian account. Hopefully that "do not remember" paypal checkbox on steam has done what it says it does assuming the worst. But dayum this is bad for steam since email addresses and last 4 digits of cards are being displayed to random people.

15. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

It looks like people can't make purchases from those accounts, only view personal information. Also it seems the mobile app isn't effected.

For Christmas I got Elite Dangerous: Horizons, a nice Bluetooth speaker, and a very very nice silver Gasten Eterna trumpet. It's sooo nice looking and has a great tone.

16. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I didnt get a huge amount since i got the t500rs for my Birthday as well as my parents giving me money for Uni and stuff. Even if i had gotten nothing for Christmas i would have been happy just because they are giving me money all year round anyway and paying for the deposit in my accommodation.

17. pickle330

pickle330
    Expand Collapse

It snowed a little yesterday, most of the time it was wet though. Of course that melted shortly after.

Today, there's nothing. :(

Haven't had legitimate snow on christmas for a long time now...

18. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for multiple posts.
    There has been an official comment of sorts.
    Link: http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/0/458604254431478327/

19. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

After 3 hours of looking for a way to root my tablet, I finally found a solution to why the thing I used for my phone didn't work.
    I used the wrong USB port :/

20. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

Got 150 dollars, some Steam money (did that whole event blow over yet?) and a pillow with my cat's face on it at my grandma's house. Wondering if I should wait for something cool or if I should buy Rocket League for @Bubbleawsome.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice