General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Whats you guys thoughts on the latest Forza 6 car pack?

heres the video trailer to it

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

That while
    that while loop can be simplified to 1 rather than 1>0, optimisation ftw.

3. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

Could've include something people actually wanted instead of an Aztek. (Porsche, BMW i8 etc.)

4. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

You obviously have no imagination. I built a RWD Aztek with 485 HP and it's hilarious to drive.

People want strange and unusual cars, why do you think there's a Limo?

• Like Like x 2
  5. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

ugh im gonna post this here because it got instantly removed from another thread.

Nobody post on this thread unless it is the devs, (this was in screenshots) because apparently making a good suggestion and some relevant posts is enough to get them all removed, we all know the vehicle suggestions thread is useless and nobody ever takes suggestions from there so its just a big dumping ground for posts that will never be seen. Sometimes there are good suggestions, and there is no way for developers or even modders to look at them and see the potential. And to remove our ideas as to kill the spirit of the community, its harsh. I dont know what happened recently, but i have been losing respect for alot of the forum members and even 1 or 2 developers at some times. I see why so many respected / well known members have left/taken a break from here. Its just getting old, this doesnt apply to everybody, but there are a few that just put pain in my mind and so many others. What a shame. This post may be risky and be removed immediately (again), but thats why copy past exists. I dont want to seem like a hater or a hypocrite, but i have to say something in order to keep my sanity.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I don't really get what you're trying to say here.
    Are you condemning the shitposters or the members complaining about the shitposters?

• Like Like x 1
  7. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

You're not supposed to post your suggestions in a dev thread. People go there for dev updates.
    You're not supposed to reply to screenshots with "wow cool" or "so hype 4 next update lolxd :D:D:D:D" either. That's what the like button is for. Again, people go there for dev updates. Not useless comments.
    There's an entire forum for suggestions. Use it. Devs do read it. The vehicle suggestions thread is a dump because a) nobody wants vehicle suggestions and b) 99% of them are either real cars, or extremely vague ideas with no details whatsoever ("pls add supercar"). Nobody wants to remove your ideas. Just post them in the right place and put some thought into them. If the 'spirit of the community' is underage members spamming useless posts, not reading the forum rules, nor following basic internet etiquette, I'd gladly kill it.

I think they should bring back the big red banner with the forum rules on the reply page from the old forums. Most people probably won't read it, but it helps.

/rant

Edit: "because apparently making a good suggestion and some relevant posts is enough to get them all removed" The 'relevant' posts are not relevant to the thread, it's called derailing and it's a bad thing.

8. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Distractions aren't inherently a bad thing. Only bad distractions are. having a forum where I have to follow every single thread just to understand what people are discussing because certain parts fall under different topics isn't something I wish to do. Since that would be a bad distraction as far as time is concerned.
    I don't like some of the posts people make since they do go to my email inbox and finding some POS there is irritating. But I have no issues with posts even if they are "off topic" provided that they are relevant to a discussion. If people in other creative fields never looked at anything outside of the exact topic they were working on a lot of art forms would be far crappier.

On a side note, Global game jam hyyype.

9. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

No problem with slightly off topic posts, but all the update hype posts on dev threads are annoying, especially when they're a few days late - I always go check it out expecting new stuff, only to find someone commented "when is update pls gib". Same with unrelated discussion.

10. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

I know, i see why they removed all those posts on screenshots because similar things happened on different threads like micro blogs, the people got angry, a few rants later it was closed, then they opened another. I get everybodys point now and i did see that it was getting way off topic when i replied to a suggestion, then someone else suggested something, i posted a picture, people liked that then responded to it, and was turning into a spam thread not what screenshots should be. Im glad i could understand this and i may put suggestions in the proper places and see where it goes from there.

11. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

Heh. Someone asked about some "Concept stage" vehicles on the AMA... That question no longer exists...

12. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Wish I could have been part of the AMA. I was in school :(

13. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

If you didn't see we will be able to drag the cars with the mouse in the next update:)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I saw that. I was about to post it as the most important thing from the AMA. :p

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

I got a 2 TB external drive today. Definitely have enough space for GTA V.

16. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

I hope you're not planning to run GTA V from an external drive. That's not a good idea.

17. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

why is that?

18. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

It'll be slow, have horrible loading times, and may not even work. An external drive will be slower, have slower spinup times, have worse connection, and will put itself into a sleep state quickly. A 2TB internal drive would have been better.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

GTA V takes ages to load on an internal HDD - An external hard drive is much slower and higher latency. You might have to wait 10 minutes for the game to even start.

20. S54B32

S54B32
    Expand Collapse

I had a rather close call with a large bird earlier today. I thought my reaction was pretty hilarious, and how I almost predicted what was about to happen.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice