General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Exactly because of that.

Not even in the same category. In BeamNG you can drive around, swap car parts then drive around some more. Gmod is a game that does pretty much everything (though it's not very good at anything) and MC is (vanilla) a shitty building game or (modded) a fun game where you can build a massive item storage system with automated crafting, a house made of beef on the moon, or a self replicating world consuming machine.

2. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Even vanilla there is a lot of fun to be had with redstone, if you are the kind of person that finds building computers and full adders out of logic gates fun.

In other news, I got the new Lara croft game for free through a Uni Event, gotta say its pretty good. It runs smoothly although tends to hitch for a couple frames (5ish) every few mins although I am still running old drivers which may have something to do with it. The graphics are pretty fantastic and the story seems somewhat interesting so far, although I have only reached the first camp which is barely anything. Although it must be said that Lara has died in a wide variety of ways so far with me taking control over her. She has been impaled, fallen to her death and been crushed so far.

But its the first Lara Croft game I have owned and I am fairly impressed so far.

#23462 aljowen, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  3. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

Generally... ugh forget it, they treat EVERYONE like they are young children and deserve diapers or something... i give up.

4. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

I do like that, but I don't see the point in using MC. It takes ages to do anything. Might as well use an actual logic sim.

Also, I got the 2013 Tomb Raider today, it's on sale for £4. Looks like fun, and I heard it's good. Not getting the new one yet though, too expensive.

5. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

I could never get into Minecraft, way too boring and I never found all of the fighting fun.

On another note, I froze my ass off because the school forgot to let us know we had a delay and I was stuck in -11 degree temps "waiting for the bus" for 35 minutes! At least they gave me a 4 day break for the Sprint Unlimited.

6. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Generally young people don't belong online. Not most, but in general. It probably wasn't good for me to be on the ROR forums so early (for the forums sake) but hey, whatever. I generally try to avoid age arguments because it makes me a hypocrite, but there's my opinion.

(Also I still play minecraft. Modded survival mostly, but if I play vanilla it's almost always creative. I do have one survival world I've had since I bought the game that I still play sometimes.)

• Like Like x 1
  7. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

yay.PNG

Code:
    CONSTANT : 8, STK0 . 0xFC
    CONSTANT : 8, STK1 . 0xB0
    HALT

8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I've just been playing on a feed the beast infinity server. Also got a creative infinity world for testing things before I try to accomplish them in multiplayer. Currently working on a seamless way to bridge a wired and wireless computercraft network for certain channels only, pretty straightforward task actually but should allow mate and I to get some systems rigged up so we dont need to monitor them constantly

9. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Was in greggs today, the receipt machine was taking a long time to print out the receipt. When it finally did after about 30 seconds the lady serving me said "Its just like me darling, slow to get going but worth the wait", I left the store in tears :p

• Like Like x 2
  10. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

Had a "flexible instruction day" today. Most people in my school are still sleeping but I already have my work done and it's time to play TF2 :rolleyes:

11. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

I think that age doesn't really matter, as long as they just behave like normal people, don't break the rules (except for the age one, but, like I said, IMO, it doesn't matter) and are able to speak English well enough so you can understand them.
    --- Post updated ---
    Just installed the Xposed framework o to my phone and a few modules. Works fine, except for breaking the software reboot. So I can choose between hardware rebooting or ripping out the battery every time I need to reboot. Guess which one I chose :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I had quite a luck with support service lately.
    Humble support: Sent a request 1 Week ago, still no reply...
    Origin support: I forgot the 'security question' answer. Trying to get in contact with their live-chat thing. Estimated waiting time: Less than 5 minutes. Sadly this window has been open for more than 1 hour now..

13. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

When my steam got hacked it took steam support about a month to get back. I thought my account was gone forever, but in the end the wait was worth it.

14. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Had a guest lecture from a BMW employee from germany today. It was really awesome to hear about autonomous systems from them and be able to ask some questions.

Once again the users of things are always the problem :p

15. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

ja, vee ah making ze kahs even LESS fun to drive! Moah engineering less soul!

• Like Like x 1
  16. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

He was from the software side of BMW and said that for them when making decisions about the cars that they will always take the option that delivers the most driving pleasure much in the same way that Volvo will always make choices based mainly on the safety of their vehicles (not to say that BMW's aren't safe and that Volvos aren't fun to drive). But due to the direction that the car market is taking (mainly due to tech companies) they need to embrace this sort of technology, so their general aim is to make the car as comfortable as possible for when people don't want to drive while also ensuring that when the driver wants to drive they are able to and that it is pleasurable to do so.

But apparently there is a lot of Legal issues surrounding autonomous cars currently. In America companies can just make their employees/customers sign a very lengthy document (that probably won't get read) and the company is no longer responsible for the actions of the employee. It doesn't work this way in the European union. Hence some legal issues occur over here.

17. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

the tech is cool but its not for me. i have an unfair opinion that all the good drivers cars have been made already. look at the e92 m3 vs the e30. one is a sports car, the other is a bloated luxury vehicle. ultimate driving machine? that would be the e30. im only a Luddite when it comes to cars i can assure you.

18. CommonCat

CommonCat
    Expand Collapse

I would be glad if you watched or subscribed my channel
    I´m recording webgames,i started series called 10Min,where i record whole 10 minutes of playing.(First video is currently WIU wich means Work in upload).

Also,there gonna be 10 subscribe party in Combat Strike MP.
    Server gonna be called:10Party.

EDIT:It´s now uploaded.

#23478 CommonCat, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  19. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

I love Trash Talk Fridays

20. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

My internet after I upgraded to fibre and got a new router. Turns out the master socket (that I dont use) is literally a rats nest of cables left by the guy who "installed" it.

And no, I do not live in Spain :|

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice