General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

I know that, it's just at the point where it's pissing me off with how "obsolete" it is.

2. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

meanwhile on discord...
    discord.PNG

3. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

The problem is that YouTube is too lazy, too understaffed, too friendly with The Copyright Monster, or some combination of those things to make the copyright system work properly. Remember when trolls tried to knock popular uploads of My Little Pony off YouTube? I'm no great friend of bronies, but you gotta admit it was pretty sad when YouTube gave in immediately to a flood of copyright claims from "Habsro, Inc.". Even worse is that copyright law itself could, if abused to its full potential, turn the gaming section of YouTube into a corporate mouthpiece where only the videos the game companies like are allowed to exist - and the U.S. Copyright Office will back me up on this. See, gameplay videos are technically derivative works, so even if you're making no money, you still technically need written permission from the game developers to post them. Someone once found this out the hard way when he posted a negative review of Ubisoft's then-new FPS, only to get copyright smacked - and since that was his third strike, that would have been the end of him on YouTube. This was a blatant, targeted control what could be said about their game, since he had thousands of gameplay videos, including videos of Ubisoft games, and yet they never made a peep until that negative review showed up. Fortunately, they relented and gave him his account back rather than take it to court and risk being known as "the company that abuses copyright law to silence negative reviews". Still, it's just one way the law as currently set up favors the big guy over the little.

Then, of course, you've got ContentID, so you can get auto copyright smacked just for leaving the sountrack on in a gameplay video, and probably in a lot of other ways too. It is, however, apparently useless at getting videos that are 100% music with nothing else nuked off YT - I'm listening to one right now, uploaded in September of last year i.e. well after ContentID was implemented, and YT has aparently not identified the song yet and the video is for some reason filed under "gaming" despite being a music video on top a Regular Show clip).

Still, as the developers, you have every right to post videos of your own game, and YouTube seems to work a lot better than Webm, at least for Firefox.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

@Peterbilt I think you should switch your picture to this :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

no no, you have it all wrong, if Bobby is a rattlesnake he can't kick anyone in the balls.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Are you a baboon? Are you braindead?
    When cleaning your ears, do you shove the qtip in as far as you can with a large amount of force? Is that why you don't like them?
    There's nothing wrong with cleaning your ears with qtips.

• Like Like x 5
  7. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Im pretty sure you are not supposed to do that. afaik your finger and water are all that most ears should need. Or at least that is what the doctors told me when I asked.

8. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

Cleaning the outside: Yes.
    Cleaning deep inside: No.

9. forzaguy

forzaguy
    Expand Collapse

i fixed the new ecto 1 by making it the ecto 2
    Ecto-2-Ghostbusters-620.jpg

10. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

What your ears need is a different conversation than what is hygenic. Most people use qtips to keep the visible part of their ear canal free of wax and looking clean.
    My hair covers my ears so it isn't too much of a concern to me, but I try to clean them somewhat regularly.
    It also feels good.
    Why not?
    I've heard a couple different arguments against them, but I want to see what you have to say about it.

11. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

You're probably pushing the wax further in instead of clearing it out.

12. Teoman

Teoman
    Expand Collapse

good or bad?

Attached Files:

• IMG_20160306_182157.jpg
    • IMG_20160306_183024.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

That's what I figured you'd say. I don't really get the paranoia about it. Even if you are, the ear will push the wax back out towards your outer ear canal on its own, unless you clean them multiple times a day or something.
    People have been using qtips to clean their ears without issue for a long time.

14. derpfleet55

derpfleet55
    Expand Collapse

If you just shove the q-tip in immediately direct center, yes of course you will push wax in; You gotta use some tactics, put the q tip to the top of the ear and slightly twirl until the fuzzy part is about half way in. Then you can swirl around, also note that one q tip should be used per ear, not a side per ear and don't push hard!. This was the tactic I my general practitioner told me to use as I produce a lot of wax and my eardrums are too small for fingers, and it works fine, plus you should clear the outer bits first.
    I am going to regret posting this to the internet some day

15. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I'm wearing sports trousers and a pyjama top to the laundrette in order to get as many daily cloths washed as possible. What is life... :p

16. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Brother wore bedding as a toga...

• Like Like x 1
  17. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Well, since I am washing bedding as well as cloths in might have got a bit nippy while waiting. I have been sat in here for 1 hour 30 mins and I can see the condensation from my breath when I breath out. Thankfully I still get 100Mb wifi in here.

18. Eastham

Eastham
    Expand Collapse

Brand new old stock STK 027 Power IC chip, coming in from america.

19. Feinstein

Feinstein
    Expand Collapse

I subscribe to your way of thinking on this matter.

I love how random this general discussion can be...

Anyway, for those of you who are interested, the Lego Group and Porsche are holding a stop motion competition here.
    The grand prize is a trip for two with all expenses covered (which is never entirely the case, but pretty close) to the 2016 24 hrs of Le Mans with access to Porsche hospitality.

20. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice