General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Re: General discussion chat

Well of course it isn't limited to that. You might be cruising down the road and the driveshaft falls out or something. You just never know whats been screwed with and what hasn't.

2. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Okay then. Remove the engine and trans. Obtain 1 cylinder go kart. Replace 1 cylinder engine with V8. If it doesn't fit, make it fit.

Or, you know, get a normal car off Craigslist. Speaking of normal cars, my sister asked me to look on Craigslist for her.. (She has an 00 Passat that cost her 2 grand in repairs last month.)

3. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

That's basic.
    I'm not basic.

- - - Updated - - -

Get her to buy something big and hard to see out of so she'll hit stuff.

4. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I found an 87 Blazer for $200. The description only says "new 2.8 engine, 5speed 2wd" and there's one pic. It looks pretty decent but for $200 I doubt that it's fully working.

I also found a 2000 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor for a grand. Looks to be in pretty good condition.

5. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I found one for 1150
    http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/4590593793.html
    Needs a little bit of cosmetic tlc. Headlights are foggy. Trim missing etc.

6. GingerPunk603

GingerPunk603
    Expand Collapse

If you do go on Craigslist to look for a car, don't be a moron like me and look for one that's popular in the tuner community. All I wanted was a bone stock '02 Subaru WRX sedan in World Rally Blue and I got 2 stanced cars, many WRXs with simple mods on them, and I even had a Bugeye with an EJ207 motor swap from a '07 STi in it. All for more money than I'd ever like to spend on my first car. But at least I know that I need $5K if the car I'm looking for popped up at a local dealership.

7. CrazeGaming

CrazeGaming
    Expand Collapse

Just a random question for everyone, but does anyone know what the NG in BeamNG stands for? I have wondered for a while but really do not know.

8. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Next Generation, or Node Game. I can't remember.

Also damn, sophomore year is already a lot more demanding than freshman year, but the first week is always hectic because of summer reading projects.

9. GingerPunk603

GingerPunk603
    Expand Collapse

I would think it's the second one, so its full name is "Beam Node Game." And if you think sophomore year is already pretty demanding, you've just barely scratched the surface. You're in for a pretty rough ride, kid. Hold on tight.

10. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

It's Beam Next Generation.
    So far, I'm having an easier time in 9th grade than I did 8th.

11. BaronRedStorm

BaronRedStorm
    Expand Collapse

Never knew it was Beam Next Generation I allways wondered what the crap Ng meant at the end of Beam

12. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I saw a crown vic p71 at a sonic today on the way to school, and it was just beat to shit. I mean dayum.

13. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Sophomore year was my hardest year of high school. Junior year was really chill and so far Senior year is almost too easy. I only go to school from 11AM to 2:30PM.

14. GingerPunk603

GingerPunk603
    Expand Collapse

Ok, if nobody has seen Jeremy Clarkson's Ice Bucket Challenge video yet, it's absolutely golden!

You're welcome.

*EDIT*

Oh yeah, and he also nominated James and Richard to do it, too. I feel like one of them will also nominate The Stig as well. I can't wait.

#2594 GingerPunk603, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  15. xskyfallx69

xskyfallx69
    Expand Collapse

i apoligise im a bit off the topic thats being discussed but ive been trying to get the full version on beamng drive and it says its not available whats up with that?

16. GingerPunk603

GingerPunk603
    Expand Collapse

First of all, welcome to the madness. Second of all, this belongs in Questions and Support and not here. Third, there really isn't a topic on this thread at all. And fourth, you're not the only one. Somebody else is having the same problem as you. However, I don't have a solution for you. I'm sure somebody will give you an answer once they find one. But for now, it's just a waiting game for you. Sorry. It might help if you provide a pic, though.

17. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

noticed that Microsoft is bringing back the start menu... hoping they still have the windows 8 metro like start screen as an option for those who liked it, as i can't stand the start menu, either that, or someone makes a classic shell like thing for windows 9, except instead of adding the start menu, it add's the start Screen from windows 8/8.1, otherwise i'm staying with 8.1 until either A. they bring back the start screen or B. they stop supporting windows 8.1

18. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

​SOMEONE SPEAKS SENSE

19. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

From the pictures that are currently out i think the start menu in windows 9 is going to be awesome. I would really like to have some live tiles on their for weather etc. Im still on win7 since i cba modifying windows 8 to my tastes when windows 7 does most of everything i need.

20. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

The new start menu is a merged, smaller version of both start menus:

(imported from here)

It's the best of both worlds and Metro apps can even be opened as a window, nobody can complain about this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice