General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Trust me, its in Middlesbrough, there is no sight for it to ruin :p

[/slight sarcasm]

Middlesbrough can be a fairly rough place, however the transporter bridge there is very cool (A lot of famous bridges from around the world were made in this area). But in general its not as bad as its reputation. But having lived somewhere else for over a year now, I do start to see it for what it is rather than as my home :p

The yellow bit suspended by wires carries things across the water.

The CIAC is next door to the college though (not the same as US college) and that is certainly an interesting building.

#26401 aljowen, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dunkleosteus

Dunkleosteus
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

3. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

I miss the time when people talking bullshit like this wouldn't get the time of day. The internet has really messed things up in that regard.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

Had to drive through downtown Vancouver at rush hour yesterday. All told I used my horn more in two hours than in the last year, paid $20 for parking, and saw a homeless man with a bag on his head chasing a goose in the street. Wish I still had a dashcam (broke it).

5. pickle330

pickle330
    Expand Collapse

Are you from Fraser Valley too? :)

Otherwise, driving in Vancouver absolutely sucks. You described it accurately.

6. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

7. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

So yesterday I decided to go out for a rip. One of my favorite roads has a long straight, but it runs through a school zone. Well, I leave the school zone, only to find... a shirtless guy half-stomping, half-shambling down the middle of my lane, waving drivers by, with his shirt in one hand and a pistol in the other. You better believe I went freaking serpentine after I passed him; when you pass a crazy man with a gun you can feel doom's breath on your neck. By the time I called the cops, several other people had already done the same.

Apparently, about 10 cops, including some kind of SWAT team (or something), ended up getting involved, and the school got locked down twice. He fired several shots but didn't hit anything, then briefly barricaded himself in his nearby house before surrendering without further incident. The police haven't actually said he was flying on something, but I'm not really sure they need to.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bison

Bison
    Expand Collapse

Earthquakes are nice. Woke up from my slumber at 7:00ish because my bed was shaking. Looked around didn't see anything but hear the house shaking like it usually does in the wind. Thought it was that, the wind, and went back to sleep. Apparently, there was a 5.6 magnitude quake in Pawnee, OK, which was big enough to feel it here in north central Kansas.

#26408 Bison, Sep 3, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  9. Dunkleosteus

Dunkleosteus
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I can't remember the last time I had an earthquake. Welcome to the Florida Panhandle, I guess.

10. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

Reminds me that a year or so ago, I saw an older man having what appeared to be an agruement with, well, a street lamp. He looked like he was shouting at it, and was making aggressive gestures.

11. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

The world's a weird place and we know it.

12. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Midtown Madness 2
    Top : Unofficial patch, a collaboration effort between me and a few others.
    Bottom : Default

I'd say it's going good :D

Attached Files:

• midtown2 2016-08-31 17-58-02-786.png
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

We get earthquakes here every so often, but haven't had a decent one for six months or so. I'm in Sechelt, on the Sunshine Coast @pickle330. The biggest one I've ever felt was a 4.8 near Costa Rica/Panama border.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

Central Missouri here. We got it, too, but I slept like a baby through it. If it hadn't have happened at 7AM on a Saturday, it'd probably be the talk of the town.

Well, my sister offered to look into my computer, and despite her somewhat archaic methods, was able to get my computer running again. Just goes to show that NES logic holds up: if it's not working, pull out the plugs and blow on them. But I'm still looking into a potential replacement to keep on standby.

15. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

He gets an A for effort.

And I felt the quake here too this morning, Just north of St. Louis.

16. bhorton

bhorton
    Expand Collapse

Well, that was 4 hours to get through Calais-Port yesterday. 45 mins waiting on a closed motorway, while police removed people (probarbly smugglers) blocking it with trees, 2 hours waiting to get through French & UK Border Control, 20 mins waiting at P&O check-in, and the rest waiting for the delayed ferry, because they had been stuck in Dover due to strong winds. And to top it all off, someone in an Audi TT decides that they don't need to take notice of the man telling them to stop, and ram straight into the side of a Romanian coach, blocking the ramp off the boat. We get a lot of drivers like that in the UK.

17. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 3
  18. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Compiling an open source project : the workflow:

1) Download the source, and open CMake
    2) CMake will tell you that you need 1 quintillion other open source libs
    3) Repeat several times over until you've wasted 2 days and still need more libs.

19. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

So, uh, this happened

• Like Like x 3
  20. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

The guy behind the person waving the flag just turns his head like "WHUT?" xD

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice