General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

You do realise that all major ISP's in the UK do this due to "voluntary code of practice".

Unless you opt out they can essentially block whatever they like and generally they are very overly cautious.

I would highly recommend reading the wikipedia article that the above quotes are from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_the_United_Kingdom

2. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

That's major bullshit.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

I was not aware of this. Yet another difference between the US and the UK.

• Like Like x 1
  4. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

You wouldn't have been aware of it. It's not something to be aware of. Forget.

5. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

lol, accidentally managed to print out one of my screenshots instead of clicking the edit button. Now out of black ink....
    1475347502143-349543953.jpg

6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Used in air pistols/rifles.

7. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

8. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Wait why is fashion blocked at schools?

9. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

As in an aerosol or what? I buy the cans alot for cleaning stuff and never had a problem with ID.

10. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

@VeyronEB I like the secret link in your bio :D

11. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I was trying to buy a can of air from Poundland to clean the inside of my PC. But they refused sale on the basis that I had no ID.
    Then again, I got lucky a week or so back when I was buying paracetamol at the supermarket, the self service till flagged me up as needing ID in order to buy some, but thankfully it was a cashier that knows me since I visit a couple times per week.

I currently don't have any ID outside of my passport since I passed my driving test a month ago and therefore no longer have my provisional license as ID (since it gets taken off you when you pass) and my license card was posted to my permanent address (parents house).

On another note BeamNG just crashed hardcore on me. Not even the inbuilt error reporter seems to have caught it. Visual Studio on the other hand...
    Untitled-1.png

12. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Strange, just grab them off ebay then, I got a pack of 5 from there a while ago for the same job. Thats a pretty stupid rule that you need ID, can't imagine a can of air can do much. I have no ID at the minute either so I'd be in the same bother.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

Probably something to do with the propellant.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dunkleosteus

Dunkleosteus
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Here's a theory. Most people should be convinced reading this. Not doing that just makes you an imbecile more and more.

While humans are considered part of the Homo genus, they actually belong to the genus Pan. This is because the Homo genus was made by the Ponginae subfamily to slowly bring down the rise of chomponzees emewpires to make oorang5tuns andv hum ans syperior to every oerther life form. This is becuase thery are beown and borwn things is you nkow what.

15. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

i have heard, though i havent looked into this much, that people use the canned air as a drug. I think thats part of the reason you need an ID

16. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Oh we're talking in an aerosol? My mind jumped to the tiny high pressure cylinders you can get

17. Yama

Yama
    Expand Collapse

Oh hello @CaffeinatedPixels , I finally found someone that have The Glitch Mob on avatar

• Like Like x 1
  18. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Sure... ;D
    Yeah, this: http://www.poundland.co.uk/air-duster
    By the looks of things I could actually order it from them and have it delivered without ID. However with a £5 delivery fee that ain't happening :p

People seem to moan a lot about that air duster (cause it is a crap one) but providing you follow the instructions it seems to be fine. You need to let it spray for a couple seconds before each use otherwise you will be spraying your equipment with solvents.

I might just use a bicycle pump instead, since I already own one and its free. Then use the hoover to extract dust and a paint brush to help more stubborn dust.

#26678 aljowen, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  19. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

Not proofreading makes you more of an imbecile than anyone else here. Especially when you are demanding that everyone read something that is impossible to read.

20. Dunkleosteus

Dunkleosteus
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

That was supposed to be intentionally stupid. Anyways, are you a demisexual chimpanzee?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice