General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Holy balls this is cool. Not that the amazon prime bit will likely ever work, especially in smaller cities never mind towns.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Instant Winrar

Instant Winrar
    Expand Collapse

Worst tech channel around, why bother?

3. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Why do you think so? Haven't watched that much of his videos myself but friends have recommended him to me.

4. Instant Winrar

Instant Winrar
    Expand Collapse

Reviews have been biased towards channel sponsors (In mid/late 2013 he recommended Corsair products over superior competitors, even if the recommended product was rather outdated), childish and immature jokes aimed towards children ("It's big, and it's black!" - Quote from a bequiet! CPU heatsink review), and the list goes on.
    Until recently, he did not cover products from AMD with no good things to say. The reason I say "Until recently" is because AMD payed big bucks for him to cover their products at the CES from pre-approved scripts.

Also, there are much better channels out there, biggest is not always the best. Though, when it comes to tutorials/how to's, there isn't really much different between channels. I haven't looked at his channel for a long time, but still haven't heard good things of it recently anyways from friends.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Alright. Can you recommend any other channels for someone interested in learning more about pc's?

6. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I still don't see the point of a driverless car, I mean maybe it could be used as a safety feature (say engages when driver falls asleep behind wheel for example) but a full driverless car just why?

7. Sagarci

Sagarci
    Expand Collapse

There may be something more to it, but I think its because people are Too Damn lazy to dive for some reson

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. AMG V12

AMG V12
    Expand Collapse

What about people who are unable to drive? Be it disability or inability? A driverless car allows them to be mobile where they would previously have had to rely on public trasnport/taxis etc
    Also, consider the huge number of accidents and deaths caused by careless driving - a computer always pays attention thus removing this type of accident. Driverless cars, once fully developed will be a great asset to the world of transport.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

The reason he didn't cover AMD products until recently is because there were none. Never mind interesting ones worth covering. I also haven't noticed him reccomending corsair products over other brands. The reality is that he only reviews things that he has used, if one brand sends him more things to review than others then there is ofc going to be more content.
    Equally he gave coverage to the AMD SSD when that came out, as well as the AMD VR headset and their computer that they built. He has covered pretty much every new major interesting AMD product.

He has done videos covering how LTT makes money and their revenue streams. I think he gave the percentages of where money comes from in them. I remember him mentioning something about AMD in them, might have been to do with Red vs Green though, can't remember.

Humour is subjective, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is aimed at kids.

As for computer tech channels the following are all good in my opinion.
    • Linus Tech Tips
    • Level 1 Techs
    • Hardware canucks (mainly for their incredible case reviews)

Edit: Link to video:

#28969 aljowen, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

11. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

A lot of people hate driving. Even I would love a self driving car for commuting/highway driving. What's the point of driving when it's just boring stop-and-go? Of course I would never buy a self-driving car without having a second, more fun car for the twisties and road trips.
    --- Post updated ---
    It's an interesting way of looking at it, but I don't think it's a legitimate excuse for not saving lives. It will just lead to advancements in stem cell research and maybe even 3D printing of replacement organs, both of which are better anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

How do I change my name?

13. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Contact support or pm an moderator. I don't know what the staff prefers.

14. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

Okay so somehow the Smart TV's browser got mine and Benjamin Tam's profile picture confused when I went on my profile to see what Fen commented, and I cannot get it to change back :eek:!
    IMG_20170112_224618398_HDR.jpg IMG_20170112_224706612.jpg
    Probably because it's horribly outdated.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dunkleosteus

Dunkleosteus
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Your TV likes mechaphilia, apparently.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

I may permanently disconnect it from the internet then.
    1484262074758-110237359.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

I guess your TV really liked my avatar that much to somehow confuse my avatar with yours.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Modem

Modem
    Expand Collapse

just put it in here

• Like Like x 2
  19. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

Not everyone on Earth is a 12 year old autistic kid that obsesses over cars to look cool. Lots of people hate driving.

I'm all for driverless cars as long as we get a full, stable grid set up first. No responsibilities for me while traveling.

20. Modem

Modem
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice