General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Trust Google, they know better what you want than you do.

Localization is something I have never really liked, these days there are website, software etc. that force you to use language they select, no thought is put to persons that happen to be visiting in other countries.

Google search results from Google.com and Google.fr are not the same either, same thing someone else wants you to see what he wants, not what you want. Try with proxy and setup language of OS and browser to something different and you get to see a lot different stuff.

I think Google is power tripping quite badly these days.

I'm not sure if Google is translating video titles though, I have seen some people to put different language titles than what their videos language is, but with Google it would not surprise me.

I think there was a parody about this Google's annoyance, Google toilet or something like that, it made me crack up as it was so true.

Google is not alone in this, there are many other companies doing it, wrapped into this "experience", I don't want to experience, I want neutral and unfiltered global results in English, I want to choose, to use all possible options, not stupidified version for average girl, so yeah, I have a problem with Google and other alike it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Is it chrome autotranslating the page?

EDIT:
    Scratch that, all the blurred stuff is still in English. Must be something to do with PewDiePie doing proper captions.

3. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

I'm starting to think technologies knows better our tastes than us.

Nah, i've already had those translations with other YouTubers ^^

Another exemple :
    wat.jpg

#29863 Ulrich, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  4. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Rest in Peace those killed in today's London terror attack and best wishes to all injured.

4 dead including the attacker, two bystanders and a police officer who was stabbed and killed. Lots injured from being hit by the car.

To those unaware the Palace of Westminster is where British parliament and democracy takes place.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-39355505

5. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

Well, there seems to have been an unusual update to GTA San Andreas. Not really sure what it's for.
    upload_2017-3-22_20-34-51.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

So I was walking home from the library today. This was right next to the sidewalk. It didn't have a back cover or a battery attached, and I couldn't find anything nearby. It looks to be in ok shape , I'm honestly surprised of the condition of the screen. It seems like maybe someone just took out the battery and back cover and threw it away. When I shake it there sounds like there's a lot of dust in it, so I might pull it apart and clean it. No idea if it works, and I don't have any batteries that fit. I have scratched out the serial number and MEID so that people don't steal it, in case this thing does actually function.
    20170322_174509.jpg 20170322_174518.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Have a look on ebay for some cheapo batteries, much better option in case it doesn't work at all than buying legit ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I guess you could ask police to run those numbers trough their systems to see if someone has stolen it, to avoid trouble.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

I think it should be fine, according to swappa esn checker it said it was not blacklisted, and it was ready to be activated.

10. Captain. Adam

Captain. Adam
    Expand Collapse

Hello people ! Once again some car crash in front of my house , this time the crash happened just when I came back from school . Here is the story : I was viewing BeamNG forums when I heard a big impact sound , I picked my phone and whistle (because why not) and went to check what had happened , when I went out I saw the taxi wheel was destroyed and the Prius headlight was badly damaged , anyways here are some photos :

• Like Like x 1
  11. sam9

sam9
    Expand Collapse

I havnt been on this thread for a few months , just to update , we have just bought a motorhome and the engine light has come on

• Like Like x 2
  12. bhorton

bhorton
    Expand Collapse

And back from Iceland! Lovely country, I was very surprised at the amount of American vehicles there, in a European setting.
    (One of my favourite examples)
    P1030376.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. sam9

sam9
    Expand Collapse

I am going to Iceland this september

14. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

For the record this doesn't count :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

-- moved to personal micro blogs --

#29875 Dummiesman, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  16. bhorton

bhorton
    Expand Collapse

The weird part was that the coach drove past an Iceland - in Iceland.

• Like Like x 1
  17. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I'm having a terrible day. I'd been playing GTA IV TBOGT and had obtained all of rare NOOSE vehicles, so today I started to play the normal IV. I go to save, and accidentally overwrite my TBOGT save. What dumba** thought it would be a good idea to put the IV and EFLC saves together?

Moral of the story: Rockstar can't do anything right... and I want my Noose Cruiser back :(

18. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Four days ago I made the exact same post?..

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

There is nothing fishy going on, it is very probable to happen that someone posts with perfectly identical words, surely :p

20. sam9

sam9
    Expand Collapse

I had a lecture by the ceo of the royal opera house yesterday

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice