General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Imagine a Dodge Charger was downsized and its most powerful engine is replaced by a 265 cubic inch I6, You get the Valiant Charger. You guys feel embarrassed about giving the Australians that prototype truck engine now huh?

Its actually related to the Dodge Dart that you guys got over there. They also made the Valiant Pacer which is this but with 4 doors instead of two. They didn't sell well in the VH gen because of the Charger.

And like american Muscle cars these things can take corners.

#30321 ktheminecraftfan, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  2. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

I've actually heard of that engine before, and that there was a 300 HP version of it, though I always assumed the car it was in was the same Charger we had here.

I guess there was no Dart Swinger or Valiant Scamp/Duster in Australia then, was there?

#30322 Peterbilt, Apr 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Nope only the Charger and Pacer which are our equivalents.
    chrysler-valiant-pacer-front.jpg

4. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

Wow those square headlights look so awful there.

5. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Acquired taste. still better than this.
    chevrolet-monte-carlo-02-1024x699.jpg
    Stacked square headlights look better on trucks not cars.
    --- Post updated ---
    It was originally designed to replace the G series slant 6 but for some reason they gave the prototype to engineers in Australia. Its funny how a truck engine managed to become the most powerful I6 car engine for its time.

6. Mr. Twiglesworth

Mr. Twiglesworth
    Expand Collapse

Thinking of new car names is like naming generic cereal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

I'm going to reply here so I don't get hit with a ban. (Hopefully) You are exactly like @Fartnuggets123. I don't like either of you, but this thread made me like Josh more than you. Good luck coping with the ban :)

Isn't it funny how fartnuggets123 has 23 positive ratings but 0 posts? A 0 to 23 ratio is better than everyone here combined :p

How come the mods are never on when good stuff like this happens?

#30327 BombBoy4, Apr 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Just give him time. He will only get better with age.

#30328 ktheminecraftfan, Apr 27, 2017
  9. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Or maybe not... Probably not... Hopefully not...
    My computer beeped at me (too lazy to take the troubleshooting speaker out, so it beeps at me when restarting :/) so of course, being in bed, I freaked out.

• Like Like x 1
  10. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

They live in different time zones.

Does anyone know which member of staff I should contact about creating a group? Looking for a new way to deal with deploying alpha versions of mods since the current method I use is not going to last much longer. Then again, Mega might be a good option then send around the encryption keys.

On a side note to the devs (who probably don't touch this thread with a bargepole :p ):
    It would be really awesome if there was a way to distribute alpha mods baked directly into the game, with some sort of user verification check. Then in the mods section of the forum the mod author can add user names to a list of approved users. Even if it is a lot of effort for relatively little gain and probably should be a very very low priority xD

11. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Probably Synsol or Nadeox. They should be online around this time as they live in central Europe.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

So I see my students union has started sending out spam email advertisements again to university students. I am sure they are supposed to be representing us, not advertising fashion brands to us, banning right wing political parties from having societies, telling us about course representative elections on the same day as the election and closing the voting before anyone got a chance to vote then choosing the representative for us, and charging us for the privilege of their existance (the money comes out of university fee's, we don't get a discount for opting out).

I am sure they do a load of good stuff too, but damn they get on my nerves some times. Equally they do some really really shady stuff which is total bs.

• Like Like x 2
  13. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

It's ridiculous that you have to pay to be part of a student union and can't opt out.
    It's quite the racket though. I'd imagine it would be near impossible to cut back how much power they have

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I can opt out of them, but the money then goes to the university instead, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but brings 0 benefit to me.

15. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Making games is fun.

The issue was just some polygons having the wrong vertices. But thought it looked kinda cool...

• Like Like x 1
  16. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

Are you winning?

17. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Its more or less space invaders, there is no winning, only inevitable death. I mean, it gives you points along the way to make you feel better about all that, but at the end of the day your fate is sealed.
    So I guess at that point I was winning. But failure was a matter of time.

As for making the game, it is an assignment and due in 7 days time, I am pretty sure I can get the CRG mostly or fully covered by then. Then I have an AI exam, then summer holiday for 5 months. Hopefully I can find something to do during that period that will provide some income...
    Might end up doing something like deliveroo (basically uber for bicycles delivering food) if worst comes to worst.

#30337 aljowen, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  18. The Shotty

The Shotty
    Expand Collapse

A car I saw today.

• Like Like x 2
  19. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

That's quite the unicorn in Europe. Kudos to the guy for actually driving it though.

20. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

NEWS: And it's special news, too.

On Thursday, I competed in the IT Services competition at the SkillsUSA conference for my state. (Wikipedia page for SkillsUSA)
    And I won!
    So I will be competing at the national conference in a month and a half. In addition to being able to compete at nationals, I won a 240GB SanDisk Ultra II SSD, already installed, and a $20 Amazon gift card. The best part, my school is paying for the expenses for me to go to nationals!

• Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice