General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Even I was unaware that happened.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Me using the T3D editor.I'm making a VERY simple map, and it's taken HOURS just to fix editor bullshit. All the T3D editor brings is pain and suffering. My head is pounding and I feel like I'm about to have a stroke at this point :|

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

I tried to make a map once. Keyword is *tried*.

4. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I hate it, its the most horrible broken thing and yet barely any of the bugs (if any) have been fixed since day 1. I tried making a few maps, even released two of them. Never again, not until it gets fixed up. On the other hand making cars for BeamNG is for the most part a completely bug free experience, which is why I find it far far less frustrating despite the added technical complexities it can offer.

I upgraded my torch to 10440 batteries today. Its an UltraTac K18 and honestly, at full brightness it doesn't get far off low beams on cars (if you can carry enough batteries to go through 1 every 20 mins xD). Although to run it at that brightness towards oncoming people is a total arsehole move, on the plus side they won't be able to see who you are (or anything else) lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Here's the crap I've been through in 2 days:

- Decal roads never have good texture mapping
    - Terrain raise tool FLATTENED MY TERRAIN TO 0 :|
    - CTD on saving forest brushes
    - CTD on erasing forest when there is no model
    - CTD with long save times
    - CTD when placing a decal
    - CTD when placing forest entities after changing brush size with scrollwheel (?????)
    - CTD when saving forest sometimes
    - If you get a DAE error while placing stuff, it will freeze your 'LMB status' and you'll have placed a ton of stuff before realizing it
    - Decal data. It literally does not save. You have to manually create your decals, so that editor pane is entirely useless
    - Ground cover is very very deceiving. Literally moving your camera away and going back will make it change
    - Some message boxes minimize the game
    - Decal roads "over object" function is completely broken, and will try to put your road underground
    - Materials will sometimes save in the root "BeamNG.drive" documents directory
    - Auto paint is still completely useless, and it was faster to write an application to do this instead (I went to sleep for 2 hours, woke up, auto paint was still going)
    - Painting materials is an eyesore because the terrain rapidly flickers
    - Erasing forest entities with a large forest is tedious because for some reason this freezes the game for ~1s
    - Smoothly placing trees is impossible because every time a group of them is placed, more micro lag
    - Forest entities do not adjust to the terrain below them, yet again had to write a utility to do this
    - Selecting files is COMPLETELY broken. You have to manually type in file paths in the editor when doing things like changing forests, and then RELOAD the level
    - Changing ground cover material requires a level reload
    - If the game crashes when in the middle of placing forest, it will save a new settings file with impossible detail settings. The game will still show your old settings though, so it's beyond confusing when this happens
    - Typing in numeric fields is a lost cause, your caret will be placed randomly and you'll get some stupid number you never intended
    - Using numeric sliders is ALSO almost useless. The numbers bounce between values even though you're not moving the slider in that way.
    - Adding new materials.cs files w/ new models = no materials on new models until a level reload

EDIT:
    - Using "set height", then dragging it off the edge of the terrain causes a temporary game freeze.

EDIT 2:

tl;dr If you ever feel you want to shorten your lifespan significantly, TORQUE3D is the answer!

#30365 Dummiesman, May 2, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 7
  6. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Well more game progress. Hand in deadline is on Thursday...

The issue is caused by a change from having 5 floats passed to the vertex shader to having 8 floats passed (used to be (vec3(position), vec2(UV coords))). Anything which uses the 3D models loader works fine, anything else which uses hard coded floats for vertices, UV's and Normals is currently screwed, hopefully it shouldn't take too long to manually add in normals to those (2d objects and skybox).

The advantage to all this is that dynamic lighting is now a thing.

7. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Value Village is just the best (I say this even though they fired my mother for taking a sick day, because counting those as unexcused absences totally makes sense rite?). Now that I found my major wish there (a cassette dubbing deck) I'm now trawling them looking for any of several Blipshift shirts. Also a Vulpix plushie, so I can put some velcro on it and stick it to my parcel shelf, for three reasons. 1. I actually rather like Vulpix no judge me pls 2. It's the perfect mascot for the Pontiac Sunbird when you think about it and 3. at that point I could run straight pipes and a 4 foot tall wing and still have a sleeper factor of over 9000, because seriously, who would expect a ~25 year old Cavalier with a Vulpix plush hanging out in the back window to leave them standing on the pass?

• Like Like x 1
  8. AwesomeRacer456

AwesomeRacer456
    Expand Collapse

So yeah... this is what happen if you translate the Posting Guideline.
    segtseg.png

9. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  10. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

Hell yes, that's about 16 grand more than you'd ever get for it.

And those wheels sure don't help.

Correction, That's about $17,250 more than any similar Diplomat / New Yorker is listed for on my local craigslist.

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/6088427975.html

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Is it in that good of a condition though, i do agree that its overpriced and the wheels are stupid but its damn clean. Roof lining intact, clean carpet, straight body lines with no visible dents or paint fade. I definetely wouldn't pay 18k for it but it should be worth atleast 3k AUD
    --- Post updated ---
    including being fully serviced and only 100,000kms travelled.

12. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

About hearing trains coming, actually i cant

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

I got an older Toshiba laptop that would not power up no matter what cord I used. I thought the power jack might be bad, so I pulled it apart for an inspection. I went ahead and took everything apart and cleaned it, in case that was causing any issues. Low and behold, that actually worked. The power jack is fine, and the battery holds a charge.

14. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

20170430_140355.jpg
    Oh hey cat! I'm trying to work, so can you move? Thanks.
    20170430_140407.jpg
    My hand goes there...

• Like Like x 2
  15. Fast-Subaru71

Fast-Subaru71
    Expand Collapse

Got my driving exam two days ago.
    I just got the results and apparently I passed it.
    Nice.

• Like Like x 1
  16. VWlove38

VWlove38
    Expand Collapse

Welcome aboard!

• Like Like x 1
  17. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Someone found out the password to my Google account, so now my name is A** Hole with a nickname of Crackhead. I am sexually identified as a B-27 attack helicopter.
    Changed password, added 2-step verification, did a bunch of stuff, and man, this guy was smart. Erased all his data (locations, devices, search history) and changed my names 3 times so I can't change them back for 90 days.
    People are real douches sometimes.

18. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

He doesn't know his helicopters, he gets like a 4/10 overall.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

May the 4th be with you :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. The Shotty

The Shotty
    Expand Collapse

And now it shall be Revenge of the Fifth, so May the 5th be with the Sith.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice