General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

Fake updates ftw...
    Unbenannt.png
    Does everyone at BeamNG GmbH love me now?

2. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

I may of used majority in the wrong sense, sorry. As for the bugs, you are correct, I only listed a few examples of evidence, I over exaggerated it too much. Again, I'm sorry.

3. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

Unbenannt.png
    My life is complete.....

Wait, is that a no or a yes?

4. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

Congratulations! :)

5. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

6. KJP12

KJP12
    Expand Collapse

:|

7. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

agreed, post deleted. i deserve a bean for that :|

8. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

Not going to lie... as stated o the community screenshots, i find this update a tat Disapointing. Not that its bad or anything, Actually the sounds are very important, but i feel it needs more... Substance? Like a car or a map or something that adds to the physical gameplay. I know they are hard to make, and with the sounds its even hader but still.....

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

I want to make a JRPG in the style of MOTHER or Chrono Trigger, but I have no idea where to start. I have a basic idea of the story:

Basically, a techie girl (her "old-fashioned" parents don't really approve) from the middle of nowhere in New Mexico is up really late on her computer when an earthquake strikes. She looks out of her window to find that a massive hole has opened on her family's ranch, and all the cattle have gone missing, including her beloved calf Nessie. She goes outside to investigate the sinkhole, and Nessie climbs out of the hole, alive and well... but she's been rebuilt into a horrible killing machine, and she attacks! The poor kid gets her head handed to her and wakes up in the hospital. Here, she finds out that she now has the power to hack the very fabric of reality with her mind. This will come in handy, since the legions of the underworld, led by a corrupted hero of a past age, are pouring into the world of the living, hell-bent (pun intended) on conquering it. Our hero will embark on a quest to stop the armies of the ancient one, growing her powers and making strange friends.

Will she succeed? Will she be able to halt Hell's horrid hordes and still make it back home in time for supper? And who is the mystery person behind the invasion? We probably will never find out, since I'm too lazy to actually make this...

Anyway, there would be loads of creative flavor text since none of the games I've played have had quite enough. The art style would be whatever I could muster in Paint.net, and the soundtrack... well, I've dabbled in LMMS, but I can't afford FL Studio and I'm really not that great at composing music anyway. I could pay someone to do it for me, but that would require money, and I want the game to be free, and maybe even open-source. Plus, if I do make it, I want to do it entirely by myself, or maybe with the help of IRL friends. A Kickstarter would be too much work... first, I would have to make a demo, then make the page itself, then I would have to actually deliver -- too much pressure. And I'm not pirating software to make the game, EVER. What would our hero think?

I have also considered telling this story through a web comic using a pixel art style, but I suck at pixel art. Even the most slapdash parts of OFF! look better than anything I can manage. Also, if I did that, I wouldn't be able to live the story, to have the experience of defeating the fallen hero myself. And let me tell you, the guy's a real stuck-up jerk, and I would love to destroy him with my own wit and might. But it's not very nice to talk that way about someone who saved the world from eternal darkness, is it? It seems kind of ungrateful. It doesn't matter, though... as long as I don't make this game/comic, he remains imprisoned and there is nothing he can do. There's nothing I can do, either.

#32369 vmlinuz, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  10. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

:|

Now gonna find a way to make steam not update.

• Like Like x 1
  11. KJP12

KJP12
    Expand Collapse

Simple! Don't connect to the internet!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

I
    It may or may not affect you, if it does reinstall the game.

13. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

The more people wait the higher their expectations become.

Not that new vehicle sounds isn't a big deal.

I wonder if we could end up with a vehicle in a hot-fix like with the late 90s Pessima back in 2015?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I have a feeling that other content with be in the hot fixes, as they mentioned that this is the first update.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

wow you're so smart how did you work that out

16. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I was simply answering the question above. Extra content is likely because of what the devs said.

17. Spede3

Spede3
    Expand Collapse

Seen a blob eye Subaru Impreza wagon, Although it was not wrx sti version its still pretty dank imo

18. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I've been hearing rumors that there is now a showroom in game. (Supposedly for screenshots) . Is that true?

19. Tesla66

Tesla66
    Expand Collapse

YES!

however the official screenshots changed

20. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Yup, it is very much true.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice