General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. N0MERCY

N0MERCY
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, that there is why, alongside the fact that mod itself was not that good as well. I think he was banned as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

I was meme'd by my girlfriend today

F02EEEA8-8F22-4935-940D-08C7EFAA1D8D.jpeg

Potato Pic and hot pink fuzzy dice

3. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Found out my phone isn't waterproof....
    Its dead, back to a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini i suppose.... :( (yay 1ghz dual core 32bit power, lags on homescreen...)

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

Sadboi react.

You try taking it apart (not that you can do that to phones anymore) and putting it in an airing cupboard or something like that? Or rice? (Which apparently does nothing, but you know)

5. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

put it in the stream of a fan heater, no joy, but the camera lenses have fogged up. The phone has awful proofing though, like you can blow in the speaker and power ports and water comes out the top around the fingerprint and camera sensor! I thought it was built better than that!
    The samsung S3 Mini has a Lineage OS though, so im putting 7.1 N on it :) (fully working/stable)

6. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

What phone is it? Was it meant to be water resistant? Also, I'd probably just leave it with something like the fan heater. You've not really got anything to lose and you'll hopefully get lucky. Taking the phone apart if possible. Some part probably got shorted out though...

7. Deleted member 197509

Deleted member 197509
    Expand Collapse

So things went kinda shitty for me today, as the Exploder died AGAIN, and also as i was cleaning up the attic, i tripped and i managed to break my glasses. In the brighter side, i got a new (used) washing machine!

8. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

Exploder? Enlighten me.
    Also, rip glasses

9. Deleted member 197509

Deleted member 197509
    Expand Collapse

This car, the marvelous piece of Fords engineering. 280px-95-98_Ford_Explorer.jpg Or did you mean something else?

10. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

Nah, I guess the joke just went waaayyy over my head... Sounds like a 'fun' car to own

11. Deleted member 197509

Deleted member 197509
    Expand Collapse

Some people call it "Exploder" because the V6 engine likes to break down, or some other stuff.

12. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like it's living up to it's name

13. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Zenfone 3, wasn't meant to be waterproof but even phones that aren't supposed to be waterproof should have some level of proofing to protect against accidental drops (into shallow water) and rainwater. Or do they not :( (im debating whether my new phone should be waterproof or one that i like, i wan't the Helio X30 powered Meizu Pro 7 but it isn't waterproof

14. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

No phone I've ever seen is like that, unless specifically advertised as waterproof. They might survive if they're turned off when they get dunked and get immediately dried, but that's about it.

15. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

Maybe, but I don't know how phones handle being switched off, yet responsive to the power button. And I'm not about to dunk my phone underwater to test it.

Also, most phones aren't even advertised as waterproof. Only resistant, for things like water splashes and stuff.

16. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

17. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

18. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

19. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

More work than it's worth, all I did here was flip the mouth of all 11 images in the gif, then recompile it.I'd rather not straighten it out, too. Because you can't have a perfectly straight mouth, for quality purposes.

20. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

My iPhone 5 survived being fully submerged under a couple of inches of water for a couple seconds a while ago. I never turned it off or anything either.
    lol nerd you wear glasses.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice