General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I would prefer not having life in prison or facing the death penalty.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I meant "you" by a lot of people.
    Surely the federal prison system cant hold anything over than 50,000 inmates getting sent at once?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

No, I'm not even affected by that. I just don't want anyone to spoil it for me.

4. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

The ladder is basically the same as the first one.
    --- Post updated ---
    Because most of us know that is something ISIS would do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

And I wouldn't be surprised if they do something about this; A free and non-censored net in the US is perfect for them to preach their propaganda and radicalize people.

6. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

The Free People's Communist Republic of Bullshi-I mean United States

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I really wonder how there hasn't been any major riots or anything that have been politically motivated... record low approval rating, all news organizations except for Fox and the conspiracy theorists hating on the ruling people's, MANY people near the leaders saying multiple of them are unfit for various reasons, etc...

Also, I saw a really weird add today. A picture of Sarah Huckabee Sanders and the text "the lefts are typing to silence us! Join the write in!"

• Like Like x 1
  8. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

That does sound like 2015-16 internet with the rise of SJWs and Alt-righters
    --- Post updated ---
    Let's try to brighten things up from all of this Net Neutrality and FCC shit.
    I normally hate Christmas music mostly because it's the same shit being played every fucking year but the only ones I like are from this mostly because you would never hear this on the radio.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Hurry and download it, it's not going to be free for much longer. Possibly.

10. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Or buy it at a record store, there are less of those and they would probably be gone before the internet is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Been playing world of tanks again after a long break. Still get 1 shot by arty, still have fully aimed shots that don't land in the same post code, still have 10 game lose streaks even though I'm consistently in the top 5 on the team even in a bad match up, community is still very toxic...

Business as usual, time for another 6 month break I guess...

• Informative Informative x 3
  12. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Pretty much sums up every multiplayer game with >10 people playing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I don't actually play any other multiplayer games.... I don't know how it usually is, but WoT just seems to attract so many arogant people. A lot of people who statistically suck at the game think they are good, people who statistically are above average think every else is horrible and complain and go out of their way to TK people (even if they are doing worse than the people they are complaining about).. Why do video games attract the sort of people they do...

I played maybe 8 battles today.

One battle I played today there was one dude who was constantly complaining how everyone else wasn't pulling their weight. He did nothing that match, has a winrate comparable to bots.

Another battle: An arty player said he bets the team would be useless and he won't waste his shells helping the team, sat around until the game was almost over then TK'd one of the better players on the team.

My favorite: two statistically above average players (one slightly better than me, the other about the same as me) spent the entire match calling me "pure trash" and ranting that I caused the team to lose and should uninstall... they were in two of the best tanks tier for tier, both a tier above me. I was in a stock vehicle. I did +2x their combined score...

I actually did meet one nice player today though...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

You know, I wonder if I should share a multiplayer experience perhaps similar to yours I had a few months back. I never talked about it here.

It wasn't WoT though.

15. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

General off topic, up to you what to post. Internet games as a whole just attract a crowd that results in that sorta stuff being the norm unfortubately.

I was expecting my WoT comment to be ignored, but it wasn't so I guess I'll post two of the more annoying stories I have had...

1) One battle on El Haluf I was in an M46KR. There were two SIMP players (one of the top clans in NA) in type 59s platooned with an IS6. Me and the types dominated the heavy corner in a minuets and charged down the north line. We were all circling an AT15A when a RHM cake around the corner pointing his gun right at me. I and the two types ducked behind the AT, then I started taking shots from the types and I was being pushed into enemy line of fire by them. They kept shooting me for the rest of the match. I did much better than any of them did. After the match the guy that was shooting me PM'd me something like "how dare you pleb prevent unicums from getting damage", he was seriously pissed and entitled. I, being new to dealing with this stuff, replied "there was an RHM pointing his gun at me, what else would I have done". He just called me stupid and said I should have took the shot for the sake of the better players (again, who did much worse than I did)

2) a match on Karelia, I was in an IS. I took a pot shot at an enemy tank, there was nothing else in the reticle. The server lagged and the shot went into an allied scout, it should never have went where it did. He still had most f his health, I apologized and any normal person that would have been that, stuff happens... nope, this guy and his platoon mate stopped what he was doing and did NOTHING else that battle except for push and block me, getting infront of my gun barrel in attempt to get me to shoot them. Between the two of them they took me from full HP to about 100, neither of them turned blue. I very rarely do any team damage so I definitely could have gotten at least one shot into them without penalty. Yet again, I had a much better game than they did...

I have plenty of bad games, but for some reason people never call me useless or try to TK me when I actually am being useless...

Bonus rant: I tend to configure my tanks to be good at shooting on the move. When I first got my M46KR I put the best crew and equipment I could on it, it was basically a laser guided 90mm cannon, it seemed to never miss. An above average player with an accurate tank (me...) tends to receive a lot of hate and reports from enemies who insisted I was cheating... It would be funny, but WoT uses an automated banning system that is difficult to appeal to in case of unjust ban... The only problems I've had with the system was when I got my first tier 3 tank many many years ago. Internet died and kicked me from the battle while it was counting down, got a warning for being AFK.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Have you ever run into squeakers by any chance?

17. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Not even sure what/who that is

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Young children who are probably not old enough to play the games they're playing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Eastham

Eastham
    Expand Collapse

Didn't expect to have to repair this so early, cold solder joints on the CD drawer motor connector. Still, nice to use my new setup.

DSC_0682.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  20. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Alex Jones: when Cave Johnson quits science and goes into news idiotic conspiracy theories about fluoride making people gay or something.

I drink tap water. I'm not gay. Don't believe everything you hear.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice