General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I found a pizza planet truck 3d model from Disney infinity and now I want to turn it into a low poly go kart

2. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

upload_2018-2-17_1-49-31.png

A test of my custom intro-screen font, which will be used in my future SNES-ish JRPG. The font is called Earthshine, not the game. Alternatively...

upload_2018-2-17_1-51-43.png

I may also use it in a band logo.

3. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

One idea I had was, if I actually had a decent computer and this game, to take maps and tracks from old video games and completely redo them by hand as heightmaps and decal roads (both to skirt copyright and to make them fit better with the official content) while retaining the original layouts as closely as possible, making modifications only where necessary to ensure that the resulting maps would have a variety of uses including eventual multiplayer PvP. The problem is that a lot of old games suffer from lazy and uninspired, if not just plain awful, course design (see: Corvette 50, Ford Bold Moves Street Racing). There is one, however, that really sticks out to me as good, and it's from an obscure Global Star game called Hummer Badlands. The "New York" map from that game is just delicious and needs to be salvaged. Can you say "urban apocalypse rallycross?" It might need that stupidly deep water splash changed so it doesn't automatically hydrolock anything that isn't a Hummer, and having the scrapyard section be super-thick mud is annoying, but otherwise it's pretty sweet. Even includes a nice little off-camber death corner.

The Arizona map from the same game also has some nice tracks, even if one part of it doesn't make complete sense.

4. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I watched this video and found it interesting, but ridiculous with its choices, notably that the DeLorean was #5 on the list, right after the Hummer, probably meaning that they think the DeLorean is worse than the Hummer. Out of all the cars on that list, the DeLorean would be the one I'd be driving away in. I agreed with the placement of the Pinto and the Yugo though.

What was even more ridiculous was people saying that the Yugo is the best car in the world. *facepalm*

5. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

If I were to pick a everyday car from hat list I would go for the Hummer, but if I just wanted something cool I would get the DeLorean.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

For an everyday car, I'd pick from the honorable mentions list. Most likely I'd go for the Saturn Ion. I think it made the honorable mentions part of the list because the sedan looks more appealing than the quad coupe. The idea of suicide doors on the back of the quad coupe sounds too weird for me. Maybe it's because I think they're more fitting for luxury/executive saloons like the Lincoln Continental.

To me, the Ion looks a bit generic, but a car that will get you around. Also you can't argue with the 26 city/35 highway MPG.

7. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

The DeLorean is an interesting one for me. On one hand, we all know that V6 was a dog in factory tune, especially the catalyst models. On the other, a variant of it powered a Group C car to a Mulsanne Straight speed record that has never been equaled or broken and probably never will be. There's more potential in that motor than a lot of people give it credit for.

8. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, seems everyone gives up on the V6 and just swaps the engine out. Like in the back to the future movies they swapped in a Porsche V8

9. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

the Delorean was going to have a twin turbo option that would have made it competitive with the lower spec Ferraris for slightly more than a 'vette
    that would have sold like crazy

10. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

this ain't beamng where you can add some lines of code and get more horsepower. They had the EPA on their tails so they had to reduce the engine hp to such a low level.

11. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

I found this pretty interesting. Also, Dollar Shave Club is sponsored in this video.

12. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

I was just watching that yesterday, even though I've never seen that channel before. Interesting.

13. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

it was approved for the 1984 model year but stuff happened

14. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Man, I'm so freaking sick of winter it's not even funny. Today it was so cold that my left-rear suspension froze up. Where's my one-way ticket to Maui?

15. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

I discovered that channel a few months ago. The Korn video is about my favorite...

16. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

A used Samsung S2 comes from ebay in my mailbox...
    I turn it on, and the lock screen is a NSFW photo of some woman...
    This is honestly the first time I've ever encountered that. 20 laptops with drives, none of them have this.
    Why does my luck turn for the worst all of a sudden?

17. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Not sure how thats bad luck, but just reset the phone/change the wallpaper.

18. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

How is that a bad thing?

19. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

This experimental creation seems like an futuristic custom version of the car shown (911).

20. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

Not necessarily the first thing you want to see on a device. At least for me.
    And there's more NSFW photos in the photo gallery, some of the same person, and some others.
    This thing's getting a complete reset anyway so it won't matter.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice