General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

Any of you like my black Volga profile pic?

2. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Yes, definitely. That background adds a lot to the atmosphere too. It looks like a picture I'd use as a wallpaper. :cool:

There's also apps you can find that reinstates the view image button. I went and got one.

If it causes them such a problem, can't Google remove them from the image search? I don't know how it works, but I'm assuming it's not impossible.

Also, can somebody fill me in on the whole thing that went down in the Community Screenshots? I'm clueless :confused:.

3. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Members were harassing another member's mod, and things went south from there.

4. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Typical.

5. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

I almost left the forums but I decided to stay and make the movement to make the forums happy again.
    Put #maketheforumshappyagain in your signature if you agree.

6. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I think that's an oversimplification. There's been some very obvious tension building over Dean Wang's Dodge Ram mod and the views of it by other members. It boiled over and an argument happened. It's going to keep happening, so i think that the mods really need to find a way to figure this problem out so that they can stop it from happening so much.

7. Godzilla!

Godzilla!
    Expand Collapse

Dean Wang cancelled the mod and quitting the forums as a result. I think Bakasan's mock of his RAM mod could also be a cause.

These forums really have down hill since the huge leak of mods back in December along with the developers of the game over-simplifying the forums' settings

8. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Even though the forum is in the state it's in right now, I think you made a good decision. One thing I think will help this forum is users who will set a better example.

9. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

Exactly. Change always starts with one person. We need to set good examples, and maybe just then the forums will be happy again.

10. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I hate to be that guy, but the forums have never truly been "happy." There's always been some form of drama, although it hasn't been of this magnitude for some time.

11. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Yeah.

I agree with you there.

12. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, agree

13. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

Well, why can’t we change that now? I’m not gonna lie, it’s a near impossible task, but if everybody here puts in their part, we can do this.

14. ViperCobra

ViperCobra
    Expand Collapse

Just received a warning for spamming the thread during all the drama. I'll probably stay low for bit.

15. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

I know, better recommendation in this problems is that you let only the other guys fight and not do the same as the others, and for off-topic, that is why Nadeox1 blocked that thread, for the spamming

16. ViperCobra

ViperCobra
    Expand Collapse

I don't blame them for what they did. They're probably frustrated and tired with the drama that's going down.

17. JCX034

JCX034
    Expand Collapse

That's the reason why I've been stay low like a stances Pessima for a reason to avoid involve in that stupid drama.

18. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I respectfully disagree with how the mod team handled the community screenshots situation. We all know that this is going to happen again. Pushing it under the rug is only going to make it worse. I understand that it's difficult to control behavior, but ignoring it is not the way to do this. It's well past time for the mod team to acknowledge that this is becoming a bigger problem than they can handle. I'm not asking you guys to become draconian mods or radically redesign the forums, but something needs to be done. Taking away ratings hasn't helped, and the past attempts at communicating plans for the forums haven't helped either.

I can't speak for everyone, but I know I'm not the only one who has these concerns. Giving everyone who was part of the drama a warning doesn't solve anything either, it just makes it seem like the mod team is overwhelmed by a fairly small amount of drama (relatively speaking, one thread isn't that big in the grand scheme of things) and hurts people who want to find an actual solution to this to stop the fights.

To go back to an older example, if anyone here remembers the drama surrounding Fen's Aventador, you might remember that it ended before a mod could delete it. It was a very similar situation to the one that just happened, but it ended a lot differently because we were able to talk it out, even though some not-very-nice things were said in the process. I can't speak for the other involved parties, but I haven't seen any outright hostility from any of them towards each other since the argument went down.

I understand why you don't want it to happen, it makes the game look bad and no game developer wants that to happen to their game. But please, you need to consider doing something about this besides ignoring it and deleting it anytime it happens.

19. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

+111111111111111 :agree:

20. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

This forum will never be happy again. We don't even have a fucking ratings system anymore.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice