General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Well, that's unique. Also, the taxi service in my city will be speed-driving, which can be annoying.

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxicabs_by_country

For example in Norway 70% of bigger taxis (van type) are Mercs. Israel, NL, Germany for example have also a lot of Merc taxis. Merc E-klasse is perhaps most popular taxi vehicle in EU.

3. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

My favorite Slipknot member, Mick Thomson.

4. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Have you actually ever driven one?
    No it didn't, they've always been a luxury sedan. The first genesis used a unique platform in Kia/Hyundai, a longitudinal RWD platform that the Genesis sedan and Genesis Coupe shared. That's why they shared the name. Eventually the Kia K900 used the platform too. There were minor revisions to the platform through its life, and then in 2016 it was totally redone for the new Genesis brand, and the Hyundai Genesis Coupe stopped production. The new 'Genesis Coupe" will probably be a luxury sports coupe since Genesis is now a luxury brand and not only a platform.
    ??????

• Like Like x 1
  5. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Well, I'm pretty sure that the Genesis Coupe derived from the Hyundai Coupe, which might be associated with the Tiburon.

6. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Derived from as in they saw demand for a sports coupe? Maybe. Based on in any physical way? No. The Genesis platform was sedan first, coupe second. The Genesis platform also underpinned the Equus, which had been a car in Korea way way longer.

7. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

8. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

No. Genesis (wisely) was never imported in most european countries, even when it was still branded as a Hyundai. Hyundai is a very minor player here, and pretty much associated to budget propositions.

I don't need to drive one to find the operation laughable tho: much like Lexus was once established to separate the group's luxury models from "humble" Toyotas, Genesis is just an ill-fated attemp at dodging badge-snobbery.

It rarely works. Even now, Lexus is struggling in Europe despite almost 30 years of constant presence and the benefits of the Toyota's strong reputation, why would a korean rip-off styled like a melting marshmallow built by the much maligned manufacturer that used to build the dreadful Pony be any different?

9. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Well seeing as the Genesis family currently has no Hyundai equal I'm not sure it's down simply to badge-snobbery avoidance. But even if it is, is that a bad thing? You're not willing to give the cars a chance even though they're actually selling fairly well right now and share almost nothing with anything else Hyundai.

I guess they've got something good going if they can sell an executive sedan for $75k and not me shut out of the market instantly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Indeed. They turned a model/family into a standalone brand. Because they knew they lacked the cachet to market it as a Hyundai.

I hate this whole sub-brand nonsense.
    Is it that difficult to build a good enough car nowadays?

Plenty of historied manufacturers in the same market haven't been shut out of the market in decades. Hyundai is getting this much credit because, as the underdog, they could build a fairly credible premium car. Big deal.

I just wish the press could be this objective with reestablished "troubled" brands as well (Jaguar, Alfa Romeo, Maserati, to name a few), but some prejudices seem to stick way more.

11. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

How long there has been RelCam in radial menu?
    upload_2018-2-22_22-37-57.png
    Maybe that is only in ETK800.

Update: It has light of several intensity and near clip in addition to to those slots where you can save your camera positions in, all kind of things in Beam which probably have been there always, but just haven't seen such before.
    upload_2018-2-22_22-48-41.png

#36531 fufsgfen, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Just went to the dentist for the usual stuff, no cavities, no braces, no stuff needed.

13. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Oh, it depends on whether or not I can make a 40 hour week this week. I'll only get a couple hours at $17.25 an hour. I'm honestly pretty okay with it. This is what happens when you work an installation job for family and not corporate.

14. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Screenshot119.png
    Well, he's correct

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Just report that kind and moderators take care of it.

16. Captain. Adam

Captain. Adam
    Expand Collapse

I Can see a try not to laugh challenge :confused:

17. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Yes, you can

18. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

I know this is off topic but....I kinda want to know what this is.
    D711CB6C-A9DD-4D95-8DD6-55F7ADB71437.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

There was a saying that every time the Aygo evolves, it becomes uglier than the last.

20. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

A white image for his "LEAFING FOREVER" avatar.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice