General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

So basically we would need to restore the Amazon rainforest. It wouldn't be too difficult compared to the deserts of the western United States, but it would be super expensive and take a lot of resources.

2. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Lets just say that 2.4 trillion trees, is a lot of trees.
    upload_2019-4-22_22-29-44.png upload_2019-4-22_22-30-40.png

Near enough 320 trees for every human on earth.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

It is Tuesday, my duesdays.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

why did an absolute ass load of listing for cars on Craigslist just disappear?
    i had like 4/5 under close inspection possibly to buy and now i cant contact the owners cuz well- there all gone.
    like there were 1000+ recent (manual car) posts and now there's about 325 in my area.
    does this have to do with the new 'pay craigslist to upload your listing' BS?
    like seriously, im royally pissed as an active user.

5. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

*sigh* anyone else get slightly annoyed that they can't watch more than one youtube video simultaneously :p i have like a queue of 5 videos that i want to watch, and going through each and every one is annoying.. i wish i could watch 3 at a time.. my brain processing and being able to listen to them mainly...

• Like Like x 1
  6. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I occasionally run into that. At which point it starts to feel less like entertainment and more like a task. Then other days there is barely anything worth watching :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

At that point, you're absorbing exactly 2% of the total video content. Not worth it, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

GG

If you are gonna watch it, Make sure to watch the whole video too.

9. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

*sigh* on the subject of videos, it's rather annoying how kids tv has clogged up my suggestions so much, my 2 year old sister knows that if she presses the search button in youtube kids, it brings up the nav bar on my phone (due to the keyboard), which she then presses the home button, and again to make it go to home screen, then go onto the full adult youtube from there on in! (scrolling down until she sees a kids tv thing, then it's all in the related from there)

10. GLion

GLion
    Expand Collapse

Interesting video by Ross, it's an hour long but worth it:

11. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

2019-04-29.png

12. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

So I was minding my own business in the middle of the train station platform when some crazy lady walking along the paltform yells at me as she's walking by and wacks me in the face with her iphone. I was to tempted to take it and toss it into a departing train (door was closing, she wouldn't have been able to get in it and even if she could she would end up in a weird place, as it was going to a difficult station to get to). Not worth the legal trouble though, the law would always take the side of the crazy bum beating random commuters, being that she was a woman.

#37112 ManfredE3, Apr 30, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

holy heck??
    I had an add from Toyota solely devoted to their new 6-Speed Manual in the Corolla
    like what???
    since when?
    (cant find the add on their channel, sorry lol)

14. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

This car best car
    upload_2019-5-1_9-34-36.jpeg

15. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I jusg realized DoNotEat no longer has a staff member tag. That's sad, he had the best username of any staff.

16. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

I'm just making a Discord bot for some Discord server I'm making.

17. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

A few weeks ago there was two homeless people living in my local train station. They kept to themeves so people didn't really mind. Last week they got kicked out and today there is a new homeless person in there. I say "there" instead of "here" because he smells so bad that no one is willing to be in there. So there's a bunch of commuters (who are in a bad mood at the best of times) standing around in the rain waiting for this train. Yay.

Also, my Jeep stalled in the middle of the busy intersection turning into the station's parkinglot. Then I started it and it stalled again. As people were rushing to catch the next train that was coming in 2mn. So that awesome.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

Just realised I've done more art this year so far than all of last year.

19. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

While testing some cars, tho, I have found something...crazy.

If you want a good car to tackle high speeds on a straight line, say, a Wangan-style race, and you don't have time for modifying (and happened to have a tons of cash for some reason) the ETK Kc6tx in automatic is probably a very nice choice for the job.

Let me explain for a while.
    Obviously the SBR4 TTS2 (DCT) has a much better 0-100 acceleration and a higher top speed than the Kc6tx, but in a scenario where you need to run a long straight line for higher speeds, getting high speeds in a short time trumps 0-100 km/h acceleration. While testing the cars in WCUSA's highway from the Highway spawn point to the end of the highway I saw this results. (Note: both tested were untouched automatic models, with ESC turned off + transmission set to D and no test-affecting mods were installed)

The ETK Kc6tx managed to approach the top speed (nearly 300 km/h) in halfway the whole road. (picture of the car is taken on the end of the driveable highway)
    6DwWLBLoBU.jpg
    The SBR4, however got the nearly the same speed at the end of the whole course.
    RvPGDsKwNf.jpg
    Still not convinced? here's how they preform at a specific spot I picked.
    8Fxc7yyxlj.jpg nggRgo5pye.jpg
    At the specific spot, the Kc6tx got nearly 280 km/h while the SBR4 only managed to get 260 km/h.
    You could argue that races such as Midnight Club-style races could use up more length than that road, but let's use that as a sample. Highways, even on repair, should have vehicles on the road. With it's excellent mid to high speed acceleration the ETK Kc6tx would easily recover back to it's original speed in high traffic (after turns), compared to the SBR4. Also, the K-Series tends to have a much rigid body, compared to the SBR4 (maybe because of the engine placement + higher weight) so in an event of a crash you could hurt less badly on the K-Series.
    And you could say that the manual may actually get more top speed on the SBR4. If you compare it with the Kc6tx manual, yes. But compared to their automatic versions? Nope. Instead, I only saw 292-293 km/h on the end of the road with the same settings.
    The K-Series does come with flaws, however. Firstly, the SBR4 is obviously cheaper, and thanks to the active aero the SBR4 does actually felt more stable on higher speeds.
    But this doesn't mean that either car is bad. The SBR4 is much better for longer courses with less traffic, while the Kc6tx is a much better pick for courses with more traffic. Either way, both cars are excellent in their jobs, honestly.
    And that concludes one thing, the Kc6tx (automatic) is a nice high-speed cruiser, even on stock.
    (All test were conducted with stock configs, and controlled by KB-M)

#37119 BannedByAndroid, May 4, 2019
    Last edited: May 4, 2019
  20. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I have found the new port area to be a lot of fun, and the new sequential gearbox sounds are awesome.

The corner and gap at 0:24 is such a great bit of map design, since it gives a fast setup on a curve into a tighter technical area. Feels awesome to nail it every time.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice