General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

How do you pronounce my name? F-I-m or P-I-m or p-h-y-m or just that guy?

• Like Like x 1
  2. MrJavelin

MrJavelin
    Expand Collapse

On a different note, what's it like in Manfred Land? Loompaland is awful, the whole place is nothing but thick jungle.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

Aww, thanks. You too!

• Like Like x 1
  4. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Either one sounds fine.
    You're welcome :)

5. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

By the way, it's F-i-m.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Okay then =/

7. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

It is not often I get to speak of my homeland!

Things are going well here! We have recently elected a new leviathan: Ravielle the Younger. Tragically, our previous leader had a horrible accident while racing his prized purebred ostrich in the annual Race of the Catorians last year. He saw our country through difficult times in The Great War. We have lived in peace with the neighboring kingdoms since the war and our ostrich population is once again thriving. Their population was decimated in a heroic last stand in The Second Battle of the Southern Desert. Their brave sacrifice ensured our victory and their courageous actions shall not be forgotten. Rest in peace brace soldiers. Ravielle plans to erect a statue in their honor, high enough for all citizens to see. Construction is scheduled to begin next month and the event will be celebrated with a ceremonial feast.

Ductor Faciendum Est

• Like Like x 5
  8. MrJavelin

MrJavelin
    Expand Collapse

When a younger forum user makes a low-quality Automation car
    bigbrain.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  9. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Being that SnowRunner is now on preorder as an Epic Store exclusive I decided to give that a try. Added Assassins Creed Syndicate to my library since it's free there and tried to install.

30mn later it is still not installed, I'm ready to give up, hate this store, and I have given up all plans to pre-order SR.

Edit: Looks like the epic store likes my school HP laptop but not my gaming PC. I couldn't install AC b/c it wouldn't open the page to link my Ubisoft account. Downloaded the store on my school laptop and the process went fine... Okay then.

#38169 ManfredE3, Feb 22, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

Lol so true.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MrJavelin

MrJavelin
    Expand Collapse

You know what's ironic? I made an Automation car after making that post. It might be more hypocrisy than irony.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

Was it bad?:p

• Like Like x 1
  13. MrJavelin

MrJavelin
    Expand Collapse

You decide
    screenshot_2020-02-22_17-22-45.png screenshot_2020-02-22_17-23-05.png

• Like Like x 1
  14. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. MrJavelin

MrJavelin
    Expand Collapse

2997cc Boxer-6 engine, 151 lb-ft @ 2600 RPM, 140hp @ 5800 RPM

16. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, not a bad car.

17. austen64

austen64
    Expand Collapse

#38177 austen64, Feb 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Ah, the Chinese spam bot is back. Good times.

Speaking of good times on the forums, I think it's time for a chat about about how we treat new members to the forum. It's really getting on my nerves lately, to the point where I wanted to make a thread to post this but, well, when has a thread like that ever not ended with a flame war?..

The Cherrier dev blog was not clear on it's WIP state if you only gave it a cursory read through (easy to do if you aren't interested in the development cycle, which many are not), and it was posted to steam, and teasers were on Instagram and Youtube and Reddit. All of this attrated a lot of newcommers to the thread to ask about a release. New people coming to the forums, that should be a good thing. I didn't see anyone on the thread acting entitled, just some honest and polite genuine and fair questions. At least one of the more recent to ask "Is this released?" was only met with one reply, and it was a bit rude. It's easy to miss the last sentence of the dev blog, and it's easy to see how someone would think "WIP" means "WIP release" being that this is an early access game, or just not know what "WIP" means. Is it really so difficult to type out an explanation compared to posting a rude comment?

Then there's what happened today on the subreddit that transfered to the forums. For those who don't know, a private 180sx mod made it onto a third party website and someone gave it some praise on the subreddit, not knowing the backstory. Similarly inexperienced people asked where to download, and this individual provided a link. Not the greatest idea, but an honest mistake if you're new to this all. As to be expected, it wasn't met well by people who knew it was a stolen mod. However, instead of being mature and explaining the situation to this individual, there was some nasty senseless name calling. As far as I know from the story told from that individuals perspective there was little if any attempt to clear up the misunderstanding or prevent it from happening in the future. Naivety was met not with compassion but instead with immaturity. This individual then comes to these forums to explain his side of the situation (opening his statement by admiting he was in the wrong for posting that link), and almost every response is just more of the same from the subreddit, admittedly with a little bit of explaining thrown in, generally preceded by the name calling. A lot of "get over it", a lot of completely unbased claims that this individual is underage, etc... I guess the irony of responding to child like naivety by acting like a child themselves is lost on a good number of people. Sure it was naive to post a link to a third party website and a bit weird to tell the story on these forums, but does any of that deserve the responses it got? Put yourself in the shoes of someone who just found this game, doesn't really play other games and is unfamiliar with internet culture, found a cool mod on a website and was ecstatic to share it, then was met with the response this individual got.

As members of the forum, we represent this game to people new to it. We should be welcoming to new players and willing to explain things to them and walk them through questions and concerns they have. Not mindlessly gang up on them for asking an innocent question. If you don't want to explain something to a new member who is not causing any trouble, then let someone else explain it instead of being short tempered with them. It's honestly embarrassing how new members are treated around here and it embarasses me to have to say I'm part of a group that treats outsiders and newcommers like this. I've seen middle schoolers more welcoming to strangers than these forums have been lately.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately, at this current stage, I doubt there's anything that can be done to curb that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

Lmao
    --- Post updated ---
    Here's mine IMG-4336.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice