General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Thank you. By the way, Keemstar gets a lot flack from I've seen.

2. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

i'm a fan of green day too!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I love them, too. Insomniac is a really good album in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Yooo what happened to the community screenshots thread?
    I was gone for five minutes and it gets nuked lol
    Mods seem to be forgetting that the internet doesn't always have to be 100% sunshine and rainbows

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

Everything to mods that doesn't sit well with them are "personal attacks" smh

• Like Like x 1
  6. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Oh great, I'm gonna respond to another article about discipline. @appesh1, Feel free to respond to this if you want to.

I don't know that much about self-discipline, but I think money is way more important for success.
    I would like to be financially successful. I might need "discipline" for that, who knows?
    Habits like what? Going to bed at the same time every night? Also, how do you know most people are lazy?
    This may be true. I will try my hardest to be committed to my passion. I won't give it up even if @MrAnnoyingDude wants me to. However, why call it discipline?
    This could very well be true, but again. Why call it discipline?
    Again, this might be true. However, I think it depends on what your meaning of success. My personal definition of success means having a lot of money. I don't know if you need discipline to get a lot of money. Maybe you do, I'm not sure.
    Again, it depends on what your vision of success is. Maybe this is true, but I think "high self-esteem" is a bunch of crap. Yeah sure, you can believe in yourself. I don't hate my self, but self-esteem just sounds like crap to me.
    This is the meaning of discipline according to Google.

"the practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behavior, using punishment to correct disobedience."

Self-discipline might be important, but I think it should be called "Self Control" instead. Yeah sure, being committed to something is great. However, should we still be using the word discipline?
    I think it depends on what your vision of success is. Are there people who aren't disciplined, but have a lot of money. If that's the case, then I think they're successful.
    Again, this very well may be true. I'm gonna try to be really good at what I do, but do you need 10,000 hours+ practice of something just to be rich and famous?
    This is where the article starts to rot, badly. How you do know that people can't be successful with the personality they have? Different people have different personalites. Besides, that could lower people's self-esteem a bit. There could be undisciplined people very high self-esteem, but I don't know if there are or not.
    If you do the same thing over and over again. Your work could become boring, stale, or even outright abysmal. I think you should evolve your work and change it some. Also, how do you know people need to be masters and the best versions of themselves to be successful? My definition of success is just being rich and famous.
    Growth? Probably, but why use the word discipline? Why not self control or self regulation? Success? Define what your version of it is. For all I know, your version of success could be different from mine.
    Discipline may very be an important part of success, but I think money is way more important. Also, discipline from I've heard is training people to obey rules and punishing them if they don't obey those rules.
    Oh yeah, don't forget money, an audience (if you're going into stuff like music or film making/entertainment), food, and other rewards/things. Do you really need to be the best, self-disciplined thing ever to be successful?
    What if you don't wanna follow your passions. What if you just want money. I don't just want money. I want that along with doing my "passion", but there are people who do. If you want a bunch of money, maybe start your business, get a job, go to trade school or college, and get the skills needed to land a good paying job/career. Also, there may be things holding people back from success and working towards their goals such as family, school, puberty/teenage stuff, or having a wife and kids.

I'm not saying discipline isn't important, but I feel like the word's outdated. In conclusion, I feel like me and this guy have different views of success. The word "discipline" is incredibly annoying in my opinion and the guy is generalizing stuff, along with putting things into black and white categories. Maybe you do need discipline for success, but I feel like money is way more important. appesh and MrAnnoyingDude, feel free to respond to this.

Oh by the way. I've heard success is about achieving your goals and whatnot. You probably would need some level of "discipline" for that, but I still think this article's absolute rubbish.

7. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

This is pretty wise ngl

just dont mind me tryna slide into your signature

• Like Like x 1
  8. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

If you're referring to the article, then I could see why. If you're referring to me, then thank you for your kindness. Anyways, I'm watching Our Cartoon President and I think it's really good. Have you seen it yet?
    --- Post updated ---
    Yes, sir. Anyways, goodnight.

9. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

10. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

i'm going to my cousin's house for the first time in a few months
    i wonder if i still have social anxiety

• Like Like x 1
  11. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

Alrighty. I'm done. My post was removed for "arguing". All I was doing was asking why people were so pressed about Grind86. Apparently that's something considered "arguing". No wonder this community is dying with members leaving left and right. The connection with the community and the moderators doesn't fucking exist. Will get removed for "personal attacks" but all I can do is share my opinion and hope that it gets out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

What the? My posts got deleted for arguing even though I wasn't arguing. Guys, we might have to move to Discord eventually.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Wanna start a club? Or a Facebook group?

• Like Like x 1
  14. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

We already have Discord. Honestly, I hope this crap doesn't happen to you.

15. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

maybe a discord server, but there are already a shit-ton of those for beam

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

I remember the days when this forum was for discussion, not mutual admiration.
    --- Post updated ---
    It did.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Oh no, that sucks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

I'm starting to think the moderation team is on the level of Georgian police in 2005, when the president found them so corrupt that he fired all traffic cops altogether.

• Like Like x 1
  19. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it ain't good. It's a real shame that this is happening, because I really like the design/layout of this forum. However, I hope the devs understand that we don't approve of this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

I think they don't care.
    --- Post updated ---
    I can tell you about a particular example of mod power abuse in PM.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice