General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it sucks. Devs, if this sounds harsh. I'm sorry, but I'm just really frustrated.

2. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

They think everything should be sunshine and rainbows, so everything that they think is negative in the slightest is automatically deleted for some reason that doesn't even come close to the reason that it should be deleted(which at that point would still be invalid) . They really need to rethink the rules and rethink why they are letting certain people on their moderation team. They need to retrain their moderation team. Or else, in the near future, this place will just have flame-wars left and right with people pissed. I love this game, but not so much the people that run it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

I would love that. By the way, I am grateful that Community Screenshots got unlocked.

4. Noah2001

Noah2001
    Expand Collapse

Man, you guys take this forum way to seriously. It’s fuckn forum for vehicle simulator. Not some big social media site. You’re meant to talk about the game not your problems. That what the off topic section is for. The mod teams actually quite good for a game forum. They don’t delete criticism and they try to listen to it. They delete unnecessary drama. I can agree on some of the occasional transparency issues but not some “mods are gey and silence me cos I’m right”.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

That's not a bad point, but the problem is. They're deleting stuff in off-topic too. I'm not saying this site has to be like Reddit, but at the same time. I feel like the devs are getting rid of too many things.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

I feel that you missed the point. I'm saying that the mods want everything to be perfect, so anything they recognize as imperfect, they delete. The “mods are gey and silence me cos I’m right” sentence is completely not what I'm saying. I'm saying that the mods like to delete what they think is wrong. They don't even care about backseat moderators, and that's stated in the rules as something not to do. The way they run the forums is off imo. But it's your opinion, and I cannot change it.
    --- Post updated ---
    I agree with this. Some of the things that they deleted in off-topic were fine. But they deleted it for "arguing", which was not the case.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Exactly, this may not be a social media site, but I honestly think the devs shouldn't delete posts for "arguing" which aren't actual arguing.
    I mean, there could've been things in off-topic that should've been deleted, but posts that weren't arguing that were deleted for "arguing" is absolute crap.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

You're right. I did quote an arguing post, but I wasn't arguing myself. Yes, arguing is bad in community screenshots. However, this is off-topic. Not Community Screenshots, so I feel like it's ridiculous that the devs deleted my post. Thanks for the information, though.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Well, that's cool. Thanks, man.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Will you tell me as well?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I would love to hear about it, too. That would be really cool.

12. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

can someone pm me the discord?
    just in case... you know...

• Like Like x 1
  13. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Here's a statement from one of the mods:
    "Our moderation team has been generally lenient and forgiving and the extent of the actions that had to be taken in the past few weeks is rather unprecedented. Should this behavior continue further, we will no longer be lenient. Offensive content will be deleted, and culprits will lose their forum privileges permanently if that’s what it takes".

Their policy makes me think of the joke that "there will be no World War III, there will just be such peace action that we're gonna bomb them back to the Stone Age".

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Thanks for your thoughts, although they are disheartening to read.
    We spend lot of our time, weekends included (and sometimes loose our sleep on as well, at least personally speaking), managing this place.
    If we didn't care, we would just not have any forum, which is a rising trend nowadays.

Our main task is to assist users who need help about the game, and it's something we care and I personally enjoy doing.
    But we often end up having with situations solely related to people not knowing common sense and how to behave with others.
    Things that are not even related to the game itself.

It's our home, and we do care about it.
    If somebody enters it, and does not show any sign of respect toward it and the others that are in it, then that somebody is no more welcome in.
    Although we do not enjoy issuing warnings or bans, we need if required.

We are listening to the feedback we received, and are in the process of doing changes related to our things work here, taking them in consideration for what's possible.

• Like Like x 3
  15. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

And we often end up with situations like posts being deleted for "arguing".

I thought that this forum, with the off-topic, automotive, hardware and other games sections, only contained talk about BeamNG.

/s

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Posts directly related to arguments would be removed, as in most cases they do not contain any added value to the discussions, other than adding more fuel to the fire :)

I was more on a broader scope. Of course that's not valid in the Off-Topic section, although the issue that pops here are often related to people not knowing how to behave on a forum, more than else.. :\

• Like Like x 1
  17. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

I'd say arguing is part of a normal forum discussion, with even the most civilized forums arguing once in a while.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

Sure, what's your username?

19. michael_zowski

michael_zowski
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

20. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice