General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Well no I was referencing an old YouTube video

• Like Like x 1
  2. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

[PSA] Please stop making threads about paint scratches, there's way too many threads:https://www.beamng.com/search/245011783/?q=scratches&o=date&c[title_only]=1
    this is something that will never happen, as for lower end PC's it will cause a lagfest, it also is way to hard to implement(as there would need to be many textures for the scratches), and the devs have better things to do.
    In conclusion, stop saying, "It would be cool to put paint scratches because my dad's ford has a tiny little scuff and I want this in game". Also stop putting experimental or WIP in front of a mod that hasn't even been started or are asking to do. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. andrzejserafin5

andrzejserafin5
    Expand Collapse

Are there any mod that brings back the old Hirochi Raceway?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Not sure, tbh.

5. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

Counterproposal: don't chastise everyone who creates these threads. Most of them are new, and while they should be using the site's search feature before posting, insulting them or loudly declaring how much they annoy you won't undo said annoyance, nor will it prevent the next naïve poster from creating the exact same thread. It could, however, create an argument. And a PSA in General Discussion won't solve the issue, only site regulars tend to visit here and I'd like to think we know better :p.

Also, I'm not convinced by your arguments about how difficult it would be to implement paint damage. Certainly, it matters how it's being done, and I can't speak to the development or time cost, but if done in a basic manner it shouldn't be much more performance-intensive than the sound system.

And lastly, it does seem like an oddity not to have paint damage. Nearly every modern game with damageable vehicles has paint scratches, and some of them don't even have deformation (looking at you Danger Zone:mad:), so the devs seem to have done the hard part already. We know why it won't happen (at least right now), but most new users don't know the limits of the tech and think it sounds like a reasonable and easy thing to request.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

These threads simply annoy me, but I see your thinking.
    But when did I insult anyone? I’m just saying stop requesting it, I’m not making a thread about this. I’m saying these users should be doing research. I don’t have a problem with suggestions, but 2 WHOLE PAGES of continuous suggesting of the same thing with nobody research, it gets very annoying. Have a good day.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

I wasn't picturing specifically you with the insults thing. I can remember the days when it was threads about multiplayer that were being created 2-3 times per week, and those got pretty heated rather quickly. More of a general FYI.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

Ok, you do you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone heard of Randall Park Mall? I could be wrong, but I think the mall was known for crime, was down to 50% occupancy by 2003, and closed by 2009. Oh yeah, it was also in Ohio. There are other malls in Ohio such as Rolling Acres Mall, Euclid Square Mall, etc.

10. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Only know it from Bright Sun Films.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, that's where I got it from.
    I have 3 questions for you.

1. What do you think of the current state of malls and do you think they're gonna go obsolete soon?
    2. Have you ever been to any bad restaurants?
    3. Do you hate for-profit colleges?

12. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Are you asking me or the other dude?

13. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

Me
    1. Malls I do believe will become more and more obsolete in more countryside places. But in cities and or areas with very little shopping Malls will still be around.
    2. Yes
    3. I'm 50 / 50 on them. Many for profit colleges are absolute trash just like for profit private schools. Some don't punish the rich kids for doing the worst of things, take bribes and such. But there are good for profit colleges, it's just who is running it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

The other dude, but you can answer to.
    There's a YouTube I watch called Sal and he says something of the lines of "there's too many malls" I think. I could be wrong.
    Can you name them or no?
    Oh, okay. Do you think college has become too expensive?

15. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

1. Malls eventually will be obsolete with the growth of e-commerce

2. Yes

3. No, because first off if you're looking for a partner in that environment, which is usually upper class, then it separates you from the lower class people, giving you better options generally speaking. They also usually provide a better education.
    --- Post updated ---
    Not really no. If you really want to make actual money 8/10 times you're gonna need a degree. Obviously, there are exceptions but generally speaking, you're investing in an education that it gonna really tone in your skills and prepare you for the field you want to work in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Probably, malls are closing left and right. Randall Park Mall, Rolling Acres Mall, and Euclid Square Mall are all closed. I'm sure they were useful back in the 70s or 80s, but they went downhill. Randall Park Mall and Rolling Acres Mall both had a problem with crime from what I've heard. Plus, they were down to 50% occupancy by 2003 (I heard) and both malls closed in the late 2000s. As for Euclid Square Mall, I don't know if that mall had a problem with crime, but I think it closed in 2016 and had safety violations and structure issues. Also, there were a bunch of churches in the mall. Also, all three of these malls are or were located in Ohio. Btw, I've never been to these malls.
    Okay, just curious. What kind of restaurant was it and did it have really bad food?
    Sadly, from I've heard. There are for-profit colleges that are scams.
    Well, I'm not sure about that, tbh. I could be wrong. College grads on average make more money then just high school grads, but there are alternatives to university/college such as technical schools/colleges.

17. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 5
  18. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Not really no. If you really want to make actual money 8/10 times youre gonna need a degree. Obvious

Well, I'm talking about an actual salary, like $200k and up. You're basically gonna need a college to do that, of course with slim exceptions.

The restaurant was some random wing place in South Carolina it was so gross. The meat had huge globs of gooey fat on it and was super bland.

• Like Like x 2
  19. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

No offense, but you already quoted that post before.
    I could be wrong, but you might be able to start a business without a degree and make $200k+ a year, though I don't know for sure.
    I'm curious, was the fat disgusting and did the meat taste like it was old? Btw, I don't care for meat fat at least not on steaks. It's bland and disgusting in my opinion.

20. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

That would fall under the exceptions.

And it just tasted undercooked and crappy.
    Fat on meat is crucial for it tasting good. You want to cook the meat in a way that the fat isnt gooey, but it melts onto the steak as it cooks.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice