General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

At least you get internet, you ought to see what the NBN is like here, its supposed to stand for National Broadcasting Network, really i think it should say National Backwards Network. At first the bloody thing never actually worked, now it just drops out without warning then comes back suddenly, then sometimes its incredibly slow. Its notoriously unreliable here

2. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

and to think it's all because of

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

I really wish i could both like and agree

4. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

What country do you live in? I am in Venezuela right now. And yup, some of my friends that live like a goddamn country mile away from me barely get internet (talking to them through SMS or something of the sort is a chore because there's no internet and mobile data is also painful to use), traducing one of their words: "It comes for 10 seconds and it's barely usable"

My internet is one heck of a way to make a foreigner chronically depressed (assuming their home Wi-Fi is somewhat ok), but goddamn there's some worse examples.

And I feel lonely as fuck too.

5. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

Im sure there are places you can go besides your house, or do you live in a rural area, btw i live in Australia

6. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone have a completed GTA SA savegame I can download? I don't need 100%, as long as End of the Line is completed I'm good.
    My saves got deleted when I moved the game files onto a different hard drive.

7. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Rant:

NFS Heat is really getting on my nerves... Again..

I have a good 50 hours in this game and I usually get up to Heat 5/1.5 million rep per night, but I've only ever seen spikes strips spawn twice. And I'm on the black market spike strip challenge.

I was able to do it, hit a spike strip and end the night. Not sure why it didn't give me the challenge though. Was it because I only hit it with 2 tires? Or because I repaired before entering the garage? No idea... But I don't need the black market to finish the single player achievements so I think I'm just gonna pretend the BM doesn't exist in this game now...

8. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

Never realized how terrible the rims on the DeLorean from the Thrift Shop music video are.

I mean they do look like something you'd find in a thrift shop, so Maklemore was accurate, but goddamn.

9. Jakux

Jakux
    Expand Collapse

InkedScreenshot_2020-11-13LuisFonsi-DespacitoftDaddyYankee_LI.jpg
    How... HOW?! This song randomly got in my mind and now it has 7 BILLION VIEWS?!
    ''Wyƛwietlenia'' means views btw
    I can give you my savegame with all story missions completed with some side missions already started.

10. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

Not surprised tbh. Literally everyone and their grandma knows that song.

11. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

I heard the internet in Australia isn't any good either.
    There's definitely good internet packs in this country, but it's expensive (or it's priced reasonably to other countries but the wage here is so damn small it seems expensive? I think it's the latter).
    How much is a internet plan where you guys live?
    --- Post updated ---
    Despacito is like, mainplace in Latin America dude lmao. No damn wonder most of the freaking world has heard it already

12. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

$40 AUD is about standard per month here, depends on the plan

13. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

A couple months ago I was caught speeding 99mph in a 60mph zone. It was reduced(twice) to an infraction of speeding 9mph over, $218 fee paid, and 1 insurance point accrued. Don't speed in Haywood County NC. State police entrenched on interstate 40.

#42733 Potato, Nov 14, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  14. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

Hm, that's more or less the same compared to here. Even though the install costs for the antenna and that shite is like +$200 which pretty much nobody has.
    And what the fuck am I doing awake at 1am

15. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

today i took the car to a mechanic's, he was good and didn't charge anything for the check up (we went there for an alignment) and found out the whole upper front end hadn't been rebuilt, who ever did the rebuild first time was lazy and only did the bottom end. So now i need to go back in some time and get the bushings replaced, had it on the hoist and there was zero rust, happy about that at least. It was raining on and off too, heavily, this was the first time the car has ever been in the rain ever since my pop bought it in '96, hell they are probably the factory original wipers !. He is reluctant to touch the engine, not that anything is wrong with it but its just that it struggles to take off from a stop (it sort of stalls, sometimes almost does) and when i jumped on the accelerator from about 15kmh instead of launching its self into the stratosphere like it normally does, the engine bucked and misfired. I've never had that happen before, im sure its the points but my pop keeps saying it fine (remember he is from the age of "if it ain't broke don't fix it") and im getting somewhat annoying with his little fairy world he is in. Also retarded (uh oh i said a bad word i get beaned now) the distributor a bit so its a lot more responsive now but i really want to get those points changed because its just not running as good as it could. Oh i got a kill installed too, it cuts power to the ignition coil, only problem is that the electrician who did it must have pulled wire because the radio doesn't work, the fuse is fine. Pop is going to have some one check it out and if it is the kill switch that ironically killed the radio then we'll have him fix and wont go back to him. Ok so thats been week end so far, very much,

PS
    I hate people who dont use their bloody indicators, they are there for a reason yet people are so arrogant and/or ignorant and dont flippin' use them, how ever do they get their licenses ?
    --- Post updated ---
    oh you need antennaes, oh dear, here if you look at the modem wrong you wouldn't have any internet for a week haha. You should get some sleepy bobos, its good for you you know, dont forget to brush your toothy pegs ! (If i ever became a dad, i'd be king at embarrassing them)

#42735 combatwombat96, Nov 14, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  16. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

There are 3 routes I want to go down with my Jeep.

Route 1: Be sensible, it needs an engine and transmission so keep it stock and go with a 318 and 44RE.

Route 2: The Magnum 5.9 (LA 360) and 46RE are a direct bolt-in swap with a PCM re-map. This costs the same for the engine and trans plus the added cost of a PCM re-map.

Route 3: Absolutely insane. Drop a Gen III 5.7L Hemi in it with an accompanying 5 or 6 speed automatic transmission with a modern transfer case. Expensive and time consuming, but absolutely hilarious.

Decisions, decisions...

17. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

I should ask you, since you're an expert in handbrake turns.
    is it true that a genuinely well executed handbrake turn arouses women?
    I need serious answers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

If it was my car, I would probably just go with what it had stock. Even "bolt-in" swaps usually involve some eccentricities that are time consuming to iron out. Going stock is the path of least resistance, and, provided that you can source a good motor, that's probably the best route.

If you can only find a 5.9 in good shape, go that route, but, ideally, don't put any more work on yourself than you need to.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

THEY'RE HOT FOR JAMES MAY RIGHT NOW

• Like Like x 4
  20. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

So my rational on the 5.9 is that in 1998 you could get the 5.9 in the ZJ Grand Cherokee. The only thing I don't care for is the fact that in ZJ trim at 245hp/345lb-ft it requires high octane fuel. If I were to use the 5.9 with a truck tune (230hp/330lb-ft) it doesn't really make all that much more power over the 5.2. In fact, the two displace the same net horsepower, it's just a torque increase.

Perhaps the torque would help with towing, which I used it for.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice