General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

  1. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,211
    Oh dang. I might join the Discord server (if I'll come back to Discord) but idk yet.
     
  2. barger47

    barger47
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2021
    Messages:
    15
    I am steve 33 years old live in north carolina and don't know what a b ng is
     
  3. ClarOnNG

    ClarOnNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2025
    Messages:
    398
    finally, a Minecraft reference :D
     
  4. Luciferion

    Luciferion
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2017
    Messages:
    87
    sbeve
     
  5. barger47

    barger47
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2021
    Messages:
    15
    boiii so tuff
     
  6. Luciferion

    Luciferion
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2017
    Messages:
    87
    gout.png
     
  7. Shelbyiris

    Shelbyiris
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2022
    Messages:
    2,012
    i weezed myself

    upload_2026-5-31_13-49-53.png
     
  8. barger47

    barger47
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2021
    Messages:
    15
    Tekst dokumentow
     
  9. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,211
    Rec Room is shutting down in about 3 hours.
     
  10. ClarOnNG

    ClarOnNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2025
    Messages:
    398
    what was that?
     
  11. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,211
    Some online/VR game that I used to play for a while years ago. It’s also shutting down the same day it was released 10 years ago.
     
  12. MarcDoesRacing

    MarcDoesRacing
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2022
    Messages:
    1,169
    Never played Rec Room too much but the few times I did it was really fun. It's a shame it's shutting down.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. trm7

    trm7
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2016
    Messages:
    499
    I played rec room with a friend once probably about 3-4 years ago for 2 hours. It was ok i guess
    --- Post updated ---
    ya know what game needs a com back? Project spark i LOVED that game as a kid
     
    • Like Like x 2
  14. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,211
    Looks like three BeamNG vids with millions from views made by Insanegaz got taken down for copyright music and they managed to get reuploaded. (I heard the reason was something to do with Noisestorm's song called "Heist").
    upload_2026-6-4_12-14-44.png upload_2026-6-4_12-14-52.png upload_2026-6-4_12-14-57.png
     
  15. zenithspeed

    zenithspeed
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2025
    Messages:
    53
    I don't have anywhere else to post this, but this is the best I could find, so, forgive me for my long and arduous rant (also includes BeamNG glazing, because of course) coming up.

    I hate how drifting has been forced into every racing game.

    Everywhere I go, it's all the same. Drift zone. Drift zone 2: electric boogaloo. Drift zone 3 and Knuckles. Drift zone on dirt (thanks Forza). Drift zone with new Funky Mode. Collect X arbitrary drift points to get some stupid cosmetic reward you'll never use. Collect a cumulative Y amount of arbitrary drift points to be access this next part of the game that is necessary for progression. Collect a total of Z arbitrary drift points to get this exclusive car which likely has nothing to do with drifting to begin with. How are these arbitrary drift points counted? Angle and speed, bro, angle and speed. In other words: nobody knows! Just slide around and you'll get them... sometimes.
    I could be driving around, having a good time, then all of a sudden, yet another drift zone appears on the road, and I have to awkwardly drive around the starting point so I don't trigger it. And the Forza Horizon franchise has the audacity to place those stupid flags every ten metres or so, completely ruining the look of the area, even though they could have easily just put the flags on the start and end. That worked for Speed Zones, and NFS Heat also made drift zones relatively inobtrusive, so why can't Forza do the same??
    Many of you by now will have probably started saying things like "haha skill issue bro can't dorifto". And you're right. I know I have skill issues, and can't drift "the proper way" or whatever, let alone with some 1000hp+ AWD-swapped pocket-rocket. I am fully aware of that, and there is nothing I can do about it. Simply put, I am not interested in drifting. If I were, I'd head to a car game where drifting is the point. But I'm not interested, so I obviously don't.
    And, thing is, I get why this is the case. It's to appeal to all the Initial D nani kansei dorifto eurobeat intensifies vroom-vroom-stutututu folks. I get it, because that is a significant audience, composed generally of kids, teens, and younger adults. A large audience that was introduced to drifting, perhaps even cars as a whole, through Initial D and other media. Drifting wasn't unheard of before it, of course, but it did introduce the concept to many. I get it, because I partially fall into that demographic: Eurobeat is one of my favourite genres of music, and even though it was originally made for dancing, it fits all kinds of performance driving — or really, any kind of comparable high-intensity activity — very well. And I do like pulling off some basic slides and other shenanigans every now and then, just for fun. Something like yanking the handbrake at high speed to do a 360 in a car releases a lot of dopamine in my monkey brain. Car does cool thing, observer sees car doing cool thing, observer feels good.
    My issue is not with drifting itself. I have full respect for people who can manipulate their vehicle(s) in such a precise and controlled way. My issue is that drifting has a bit of an overrepresentation issue in mainstream driving/racing games. It seems to overshadow everything else thanks in part to how vocal the aforementioned large audience tends to be, compared to, say, the rally and offroading folks. And developers will often listen and cater to their needs, sometimes, but not always, neglecting others. That's my problem.
    BeamNG tackles this in a good way. Just like most other car games, it has drift zones where you earn arbitrary drift points. The explanation of "big angle and/or big speed equals more points" is also present. But if you don't like it, because, say, you're not interested in drifting, you can turn them off. You can turn them off to such a degree that you may even forget they exist in the first place, letting you instead focus on whatever it is that you are interested in doing. Why can't Forza, Need For Speed, or any other game/franchise let you do this? I don't know. But what I do know is that this option, alongside many other small features, is what makes BeamNG stand out among other games, most of which are holding onto the old and rickety scaffolding that is the driving/racing genre. But BeamNG, a game that I will praise until I am no longer able to do so, is sooner or later going to be rattling that scaffolding, as a wake-up call to the rest. And I think the upcoming update and PS5 release is going to be what truly starts that rattling.
     
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wassup487

    Wassup487
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2023
    Messages:
    1,206
    rest in peace oliver tree. we will miss you.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Shelbyiris

    Shelbyiris
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2022
    Messages:
    2,012
    i will unironically buy those once i get a car
     
    • Like Like x 3
  18. can't think of a username

    can't think of a username
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2022
    Messages:
    538
    that's fucking awesome
    how much are they?
     
  19. Shelbyiris

    Shelbyiris
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2022
    Messages:
    2,012
    Aerodisc's alone are 75 USD per piece (300 for set of 4) on Rotiform's website, BUT they're only compatible with specific wheels (can only price out 18in RSE's which are 1800 for set of 4).

    not counting the cost of having a professional set the wrap, because the Aero's come in either black or white, but Rotiform has the designs you can download
     
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Wassup487

    Wassup487
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2023
    Messages:
    1,206
    rip tay keith
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice