General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Re: General discussion chat

I SLEEP STANDING UP. THROW ANOTHA SHRIMP ON THE BARBIE. HAR HAR VEGEMITE.

Haven't been for years.

Well, I made her cats leave the room.

2. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Then you are doing it right.

3. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

This community, man...

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

36 Days to GTA V for PC.
    3 Days for my 970 to arrive.

What a wonderful thing.

(imported from here)

5. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

It is, isn't it?

6. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Cant wait for GTA 5. My 970 (+ 560ti if the game uses physx) setup is ready for it.

Even if it isn't ready for gta4 at 60fps (thanks nvidia...).
    I have actually done some more looking into the issue with gta 4 lagging on my gtx970. It is because i have an hd texture pack installed, with the 970 the HD texture pack causes the CPU to bottleneck. Which wasn't an issue on the 560ti (although the game did run about 5fps slower on that card). All nvidia has said is that all reported issues have been caused by cpu bottlenecks. Which is true, but these cpu bottlenecks only occur on some systems when people have installed a gtx970 and magically go away if you reformat the computer or upgrade the operating system. Sometimes i love nvidia so much :/
    Hopefully upgrading to windows 10 makes sense so that i can get rid of these issues. At least most games run fine.

7. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

8. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Updated to Vegas 13. I don't know why, all I know is I can do 4K now. Yay?

​The file sizes are HUGE!!!

EDIT: Good, good, after having it for a full half an hour, I already broke it trying to render a video. Back to Vegas 11.

#12808 redrobin, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  9. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Any modders here, what's the best way to start modeling a car? Should I do a part of the car and go from there, or make an extremely low poly model of the whole bodyshell and add detail evenly?

I'm gonna start a new project soon, which I'll hopefully finish. Probably :|

10. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Different people do it in different ways. Some people start with a single polygon and expand out. Some people start with a cube and start subtracting. Its up to you.

11. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Just asking, I've always started from a flat surface with almost full detail, but I've heard it's much easier to control polyflow if you make a low poly mesh and add edge loops as you go.

12. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

I hope someone restores the suspension in GTA V to how it was in GTA IV. In GTA V its stiff & the car doesn't lean as you corner, GTA IV Had moving suspension and it was beautiful.

13. jetcoasterfan

jetcoasterfan
    Expand Collapse

I will get these used sunglasses soon from a friend to add to my sunglasses collection.

Attached Files:

• 1 sunglasses.jpg
    • 2 sunglasses.jpg
    • 3 sunglasses.jpg
    • 4 sunglasses.jpg
    • 5 sunglasses.jpg
  14. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

The driving in GTA V just kills the whole game for me.
    All the cars feel like go carts.

#12814 Potato, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  15. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

From what i have seen it looks like the driving is simalar to midnight club LA. Which isn't really a bad thing, but i really hope someone does mod in different driving physics, an actual 4x4 style vehicle with more realistic physics could be really good fun on that map.

16. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

The suspension in GTA 5 is great as it is, it's only stiff if you upgrade it a lot which makes sense. The 1960s Mercedes, the Glendale, has plenty of body roll without any upgrades. What isn't realistic is the fact that on GTA 4, an Aston DB9 counterpart (Super GT) has around 30 degrees of body roll taking a corner at 30mph.

Neither game is realistic by any stretch of the imagination, but at least GTA 5's looks plausible.

17. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

I think it'd be kinda interesting to see the far side of the Iron Curtain from Fallout's perspective (China). Then again, given how Bethesda handled the Mandarin dialog from Operation: Anchorage, we'd better just let that idea lie.

I never finished NV but I preferred it over 3. Don't get me wrong, a bombed-out vision of midcentury paranoia is a darkly interesting setting to observe. But NV had that sense of tension that, right from the outset, war was looming and preparing to claim the land. The inevitable pitfall of exploring a dead world is the inherent lack of life.

Anyway, I'm not sure what they're gonna do to set Boston aside. The Capital had political and militant power, the Pitt had manufacturing, New Vegas had tourism. The only thing that sticks out in my mind as being truly Bostonian is shipping, and that means there would have to be some place to ship stuff to. The British Isles, maybe? It is called the Commonwealth, after all.

Edit:
    There was an interview with Adam Savage, pertaining to his scariest moment on Discovery's 'Mythbusters.' In the second take of demonstrating how to escape from a sinking car, the hosts took some advice to flip the vehicle upside down prior to submerging it, as cars commonly "turn turtle" when hitting water at speed. An event I've furiously attempted to recreate within BeamNG to no avail.

#12817 Occam's Razer, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  18. jetcoasterfan

jetcoasterfan
    Expand Collapse

Last year on Christmas day I went to my brothers house and when playing with the kids I shot my self in the head a few times with this little pistol that we all were playing with. The gun I was using to shoot my self in the head with had a orange T shaped handle that I pulled out to cock the gun and I then loaded the green bullet into the front tip of the gun muzzle to fire it.

Thankfully the gun was a Nerf gun that really performed well. That Nerf gun shot the bullets far across the whole room. I did end up shooting my mother by accident when I was messing with a semi automatic Nerf gun trying to get the bullets to fire out of it.

19. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Nah. GTA 5 has poorer vehicle physics than San andreas in my opinion. 4 handled it so much better that it isn't even funny anymore. Even stock suspension suvs have less suspension travel than an RC car.

20. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

True. Anchorage was still awesome because of the indestructible power armor. Repairing a T51b is expensive.

The mojave wasteland was certainly more lively than the capital, but the characters on fo3 are so much better. And the story. In 3, it's something personal to your character all along, while in NV it is only until you find Benny, which is a very short part of the game. After that, you just play errand boy for NCR/legion/Mr House/yes man. It's more like nobody gives a crap about you and you don't give a crap about anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

GTA V is fine for sports cars, a bit too stiff for normal cars and completely ridiculous for SUVs and trucks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice