General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. destroyer8769

destroyer8769
    Expand Collapse

Why not? That seems so good. Did you leave the offer or get out bidded or bought out or something?

2. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

I've already read Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (good book), but I'll definitely look into some of your other suggestions. Thanks!

I love the Percy Jackson series. Read the first series twice and the second series once. I've also read all of the Percy Jackson short story books that Rick Riordan has. I've also read his Kane Chronicles series. That was really good too. He has a first book to a new series coming out in October. Should be good.

3. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

It's not a Star Wars song, it's the theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

4. Koenigsegg

Koenigsegg
    Expand Collapse

Do i login to dcs world multiplayer with my steam account or what because everytime i try to make a account it says username or email already used (i dont have another account and i made some super long username)

5. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Check out the Alex Rider series. I love it because it seems like every chapter has a cliffhanger moment, and it kept me interested for the entirety of the series, for the most part.

6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

How about you ask their forums instead.

http://bmproductions.fixnum.org/index.htm?http://bmproductions.fixnum.org/wmptagplus/
    Finally I have my ogg tracks included in my windows media player library.

7. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

This is weird.

When I press the Caps lock key on my keyboard the light indicating that caps lok is on turns on (sounds weird, I know),
    but Windows doesn't register it most of the time.
    Like, sometimes it works and sometimes it just doesn't respond at all.
    I'm just confused by this.

8. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Alright, thanks!

9. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

WTF.JPG You know your life is lame when even youtube says "dude, no more videos. Go outside or somethin"

10. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

;)

ha, google jokes

11. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

Ha, good one

12. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

You could use this mobo and CPU as a placeholder until you can get a working board for the i7.

13. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I was working on my legacy gaming rig (PIII 700MHz) and I took the PSU apart, spliced the fan into the 5v rail because it was too loud, and plugged it in to test. It was working until I tried to move the top cover to feel the airflow. Sparked and shut off. Fuse blown. I have 3 options:

• Use a piece of metal and hope for the best
    • Find correct replacement fuse
    • Hack in a normal size PSU (last resort.)

Wat do.

Bonus: My awesome splicing method was to find the 5v wires, use a soldering iron on them until the rubber melted away to the metal, soldered on the fan cables, and put wiring tape over it. It worked.

14. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I had to break a tab on my OEM 5770 to get it out of my dell. The i5-650 was the lowest tier i5 of the lynnfield generation, 2c/4t, 3.2Ghz clock speed. Had integrated graphics and a 73w TDP, while the higher-end i5s had a 95w TDP 4c/4t, and no iGPU.

15. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

interesting, personally i like having an iGpu, they make a great backup gpu (or so i'd imagine anyway)

16. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Depends on how big it is. If you get one of those huge tubes of really cheap paste (Better than nothing. I have one that cost less than a buck from China.) it'll last you your lifetime. I also get Noctua NT-H1 which comes in much smaller tubes but it's better paste so I use it in stuff that I use mainly and that makes more heat. (Desktop CPU and GPUs, main laptops, etc. Everything else gets the cheap tube.)

As for the other questions, quality paste shouldn't need to be reapplied before your PC is well out of date. And the amount you use (For a CPU) is about the size of a rice grain to the size of a pea.

17. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Some cases have a piece of metal screwed in on the side that blocks the expansion slots. Try that.

18. DWPro

DWPro
    Expand Collapse

My friend gave me a 500GB drive he found in his house.

19. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Depends, if the PC is all stock, use the stock PSU, it hasnt exploded so far so probably wont under the load its already experienced.

- - - Updated - - -

While I'm no audiophile (and never have been), the past few days I've been trying some media formatted in ogg vorbis instead of mp3. Oh my god. While most of my media library can't benefit from simply being transcribed to ogg as its in mp3 or wma in the first place, some of the native ogg stuff I now have just sounds so much better. I've actually got one album in both ogg vorbis and full 320kb/s MP3, side by side the vorbis is notably richer than the mp3. Brother again is no audiphile, but when played 2 random tracks in a blind test, he found the ogg much richer. Yet the oggs are smaller. Ogg is an open source standard, mp3 is a patented technology that requires licensing. Ogg supports 256 individual tracks, MP3 supports 2.

Why arent we using these more often???

20. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Why don't you put everything in your case, then simply do a board swap when you buy a new board?
    You could use the dell to keep the i7 in there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice