General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. chris_lucas

chris_lucas
    Expand Collapse

Re: General discussion chat

I got a lot mods in stock like a swat van, hot rod, dragster, much cop cars and other failed or unfinished/private mods.
    I only start a thread when it's in game.

#141 chris_lucas, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  2. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Motovader, no.

His post contributes, and he most likely thought about it before he posted that. This is a General Discussion CHAT. It is meant for chatting, and that means there is nothing that technically cannot contribute to the thread. He used proper English, and there isn't much he can improve upon in his statement.

You just need to stop with these posts, because like I said before, there has been arguing after every post you make. EVERY ONE. NkosiKarbul did the same thing, and he piped down when I asked him and told him that he isn't helping himself by making the super controversial posts. Trust me, it is only hurting you whenever you make those posts.

3. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

@deject3d as for replacing general discussion, its supposed to be general discussion about BEAMNG, not real life things or other games, for that, we have this thing, called off-topic:

http://www.beamng.com/forums/13-Off-Topic where you can create threads about real life car's, or racing provided there already isnt one

4. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Wait. You're still making the Grand Marshal wagon right?

5. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

Have no fear all, tutorial coming soon on jbeam! ;)

6. Motovader72

Motovader72
    Expand Collapse

That's your opinion, and I'm free to post mine too.
    I didn't feel he said anything of value to the subject.

There's nothing controversial about what I'm saying,
    it's just what I think. If you don't agree, fine.
    To each their own...

7. Stormdrain

Stormdrain
    Expand Collapse

He better be, I've held mine back for nearly a month wanting to let him release his, as i didnt want to undermine his progress

8. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

That is so elitist haha, "my mod will be 10 times better than yours so I'll be humble and let you release yours first"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. mrniz666

mrniz666
    Expand Collapse

Go ahead and release yours! Like I say I have little time at the moment due to AS level exams and course work.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

10. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

where exactly do you see that in his message? what i see is "I didn't want to make people go all "Oh look, an even newer mod, lets go check it out and pretend this one never existed""

11. Stormdrain

Stormdrain
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, thats pretty much exactly what i meant.

As for releasing it, Textures are evil. EEEEEEVILLLLLLLLL.

But I'll work on polishing up the mesh later tonight. maybe. May take a crack at unwrapping it again and junk. Expect a thread whenever i feel its ready to boast about.

Other project (totally not a caterham) has kind of left my little wagon to rot.

12. Car crusher

Car crusher
    Expand Collapse

I never intended this thread to escalate so quickly. People can post whatever the f*** they want on this thread. Does it concern you? This is a chat thread. Go to irc if you must. The people on this thread post for a reason. If they don't find it interesting they won't post. Guess what. Simple solution. Don't click on the bloody general discussion tab.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry to hear six...

- - - Updated - - -

Me Trying to mess with a cube in blender> Realise Im hopeless> Sob> Work on a paper model or plastic model instead> Begin to mourn as I all of a sudden experience some random existential crisis :(

13. TROPtastic

TROPtastic
    Expand Collapse

You are of course free to have your own opinion, but I feel it would greatly improve community spirit if you didn't make baseless insinuations like what you posted before (honestly, stuff like that is why I don't visit the forums much). Saying that modders don't release video tutorials because "they are afraid of being shown up" is ridiculous, especially when you look at the amount of work that people like DrowsySam have put into spreading their knowledge around.

It's rather unfortunate that you immediately assumed that people have bad intentions for not posting detailed Jbeam tutorials. There were even several posts immediately before yours describing the reasons for not making tutorials, so I don't know why you would think that normally upstanding modders were secretly jerks.

14. Motovader72

Motovader72
    Expand Collapse

My opinion wasn't based on just popping in and reading
    the end of a 150+ post thread and offering an opinion.

15. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

you sure made it read like you did :rolleyes:

16. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Can we please stop all the fighting? This is gonna get locked and I like the idea of this thread.

17. TROPtastic

TROPtastic
    Expand Collapse

Alright, to change the topic, is anyone working on anything interesting for BeamNG? Whether vehicles or maps, it would be cool to hear about it. (I know that someone showed off their salt flats map, perhaps they could enlighten us with the design process?)

Edit: Also, would someone mind explaining how to "find posts helpful"/thank users on these forums? I tried looking around in the forum FAQ and on Google, but I couldn't find anything relevant.

#157 TROPtastic, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  18. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Bottom left of a post is the thanks button, you have to have 10 posts I think before you can give thanks.

Also I see you are missing the beamNG.drive badge on your profile. The email you received when buying the game has a link to pair it with your forum account so you can access the alpha only section. If you haven't bought the game yet, buy it :D

- - - Updated - - -

Well, for once I require the broken test probes from my old multimeter and I can't find where I put it \o/

19. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

mmmm, yeah, i'm surprised it didn't get locked as soon as it showed up (people made chat threads like these on RoR forums, they instantly got locked because they weren't allowed

20. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Give GRANDMARSHALWAGON!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice