General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. BaronRedStorm

BaronRedStorm
    Expand Collapse

Well you know what, it's much safer and better than IE, it's your best choice.

2. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

I'll try it later today, once my internet
    (imported from here) is back to it's normal speed.

Also, here's what I meant with the tabs changing colour (ignore the ad on the right side) :

#18302 SuperNoob05, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  3. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Step 1: Install firefox
    Step 2: Download google chrome theme
    Step 3: Enjoy a chrome like experience but now with 80% less ram usage

In my opinion the default Firefox theme is pretty ugly. On my tablet i use the FXopera theme to make it look like the old versions of opera:
    Screenshot (29).png
    On my desktop i use simple white which looks like this:
    Desktop.png

You could also just install opera, since it is based on chrome meaning it is the same as chrome with a slightly altered UI. There is also Vivaldi which is based on chrome but offers a drastically different UI which is aiming to be a more feature packed browser. There are also heap loads of other themes which may take your fancy.

#18303 aljowen, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  4. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Go to your appdata and find the Google/Chrome folder or whatever the name is and either move it to a different location or since im 99% sure you have a google account linked to it you can flatout delete it and it should be backed up when you login again. That way it should get rid of all user settings and the issue files. It's happened to me more than enough times at this point :p

Tbh avoid IE like the plauge it really is as bad as they say it is.

5. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

The tabs being either pink, yellow, blue or green is already enough for me to want to avoid it.

6. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

My sister just got some of the Marley smile Jamaica iem's. Gotta say, the extra £75 i payed for my IEM's was totally worth it. There is absolutely no detail in those headphones at all, the bass is there but it is pretty naff and at the expense of the highs which are completely absent and i mean legitimately absent, they are just not there. Yet despite that they still manage to sound tinny, they sound quite a lot like listening to a song through phone or laptop speakers when you place them on a bed or something to help with the bass but with more bass and all of the highs cut out. They are simply quite amazing to listen to, but not in a good way. Listening to music through them is like listening to someone hum a tune as opposed to listening to the actual song itself. As for comfort they are ok, but since the cable leaves the IEM's at a 45 deg angle it makes you feel like you should be wearing one of those wide load signs that lorries have since the cables stick out so far.

As for the appearance they actually look really nice. The cables are incredibly thin but also look really nice. Shame that they sound like a rough approximation of the audio source.

#18306 aljowen, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  7. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

So, ban's over. I learned not to go that crazy over a piece of bread. The forum change was so different when I saw it, I was wondering, "Where did Off-Topic go?" All the way to the bottom. I'm burning an extra 1/5 of a calorie just to hold down my down arrow!

8. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

That'll teach you not to go crazy over a piece of bread.

9. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

After a bit of time with firefox (chrome skin) I've sort of gotten used to it.
    There's still a few things that bug me, but it's ok.

10. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Today is the day I start saving up for Operation NCoD (New Corolla of Doom).

First, brakes (drum-disc conversion), then suspension (Koening coil overs, stiffer sway bars front and rear), then do something about the radio, bigger rims and sport tires, manual transmission swap, either 4A-GE 20V head (to keep it 1.8L) or blacktop 20 valve swap (JDM engine, direct drop in, 1.6L), cams, pistons, con rods, polished head. HKS intake, cat-converter delete, single muffler delete, high flow rear muffler, equal length headers, and maybe, just maybe, a turbocharger with an HKS intercooler. Paint is last and the least of my worries right now. Perhaps some strut tower braces and chassis stiffening as well.

And all this why? Because auto-cross racecar, that's why.

11. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

Autocross pls. Put it in LeMons.

(imported from here)

12. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

What are some of the things that bug you? I imagine there will be some ways to fix most of them either in FireFox or through the use of Add-Ons.

13. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

14. pickle330

pickle330
    Expand Collapse

Why don't you try Opera? I use it as my main browser and don't really have anything wrong with it. I used to use Chrome, but it eventually always seemed to get problems, so I switched to Opera. I'd say Opera is a lot better than Firefox, but if you're just going to stick with a skinned firefox I guess you'll be fine.

15. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

The cost of this would be extreme though. Coilovers alone are not cheap. Head swaps or full engine conversions, expensive. Cams, pistons, rods, polishing, hideously expensive. Cat delete is piss easy. Headers, not cheap, christ headers for a focus run more than I spent for the entire car.
    Turbo conversion. Hideous amounts of money.

For the engine swap you would be better off finding a corolla with that engine already. AE101's were sold in the states werent they? With the blacktop 20v.

16. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

No, the AE101 was sold with the 4A-FE and the 7A-FE (what mine has) in the states. They had 100HP and 105HP respectively, mines producing somewhere in the high 70s, low 80s as it sits.

I really just just want it to handle more than be fast. I know that the cost is really extremely high, but if my neighbor can do it to his Fiesta, there's no reason that I can't to the Corolla.

17. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

The thing that bugs me the most is that scrolling with the mouse wheel is like ten times less sensitive, which really annoys me.

18. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I'd imagine somewhere in the 80s at the wheels unless something is drastically wrong with it.

Engine HP figures are at crank, so you'll lose about 10-20% depending on drivetrain before you get to the wheels. This is one reason I find top gears "how much power have we lost" tests so dumb, they're testing at the wheels so will immediately have a lower figure than stated anyway.

Then yeah power is lost, but not super drastic. Only a few percent.

19. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

My may just end up modding the standard engine, it's just a stroked out 4 series. The heads and pistons are pretty much the same. Con rods are longer and the crank is deeper, that's it.

I still can't figure out if it's the 3 speed or 4 speed box, they had both as an option. I've never gotten to top gear in it, because it never moves more than a few feet. That will change my whole outlook if it's the 4 speed.

20. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Check the part code on it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice