General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I repasted my CPU and temps are back down to the normal 60c max after Prime95. Whatever.

2. msurf15

msurf15
    Expand Collapse

I just want to ask...

Does anyone remember me?

3. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I hope so. Well thus far its good on that though since sapphire support is pretty good it seems.

Yeah I'm actually surprised by the 5770, when i tested it last it was packed with dust so it was overheating like crazy, I spent a few hours today clearing all that out and I've got to say other than GTA 5 (which has huges visual problems for whatever reason) every game I've threw at it has been really good, Mafia 2 is running at 40fps maxed out Fallout 3 at 60fps maxed out and the Evil Within (which is known for being awfully optimized) still pulls 30fps out of this card, all while staying under 60c. I'm pretty happy to use it as my main card until I get the 7870 back really.

4. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

Yeah! I remember you made plenty of maps a while ago.

5. msurf15

msurf15
    Expand Collapse

lol yea... anyone else?

6. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

I DO! PICK ME PICK ME! I DO! (sorry for sounding too overdramatic.)

7. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

No.

Sorry if that sounded overly dramatic.

8. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

I don't rmember you.
    I don't think I've even seen you yet.

9. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

He's old school. Mapper and general forum goer. Disappeared a while back.

10. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

So I got a game that has VAC in it, and guess what? It's kicked me from every single match i've tried to play.... As well as forced me to restart Steam to even launch the game sometimes (else it won't let me even join matches)... gg VAC :|

11. pickle330

pickle330
    Expand Collapse

I remember you. Only noticed recently that you were somewhat inactive though.

12. msurf15

msurf15
    Expand Collapse

I kind of went dark because school caught up with me and stuff... I am trying to decide whether to try and get up to speed with this game or just forget about it.

13. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Yup, you are that guy who used to do things :p
    But yeah i do remember your username being fairly frequent, cant remember much else about you though it must be said.

Rather than getting a really low end water cooling setup just get a nice air cooling one. There is plenty of choice and many are very competitive when compared to the water cooling setups while being less of a pain in the arse in general with far less to balls up. Especially when you are talking about 5 or 6 deg c under load on i7 extreme edition parts between a nice noctua setup and some of the corsair stuff.

That really depends on how much you have got going on and whether you need something to do outside of school at the moment. You could probably get up to speed fairly quickly though. The wiki has improved a lot and the game has changed a bit. The community is basically the same as ever.

Im not sure why it bothers some people so much but each to their own i guess as long as they dont cause issues for others.

These forums are the only place where i have ever mentioned anything. While i probably should mention it to *some* of my friends out of courtesy i also dont want to cause them any "issues". There are some people in my sixth form who are open about it but i have noticed that some conversation topics rarely ever occur when they are around and im just as guilty of that too. There are some topics that i wont mention around them because i have no idea what is "socially acceptable" and dont want to accidentally offend them or exclude them (which i am doing anyway at that point, so mission failed there) and so on. So from that perspective i feel that it is probably best that i dont mention it since that gives others one less thing to think about and doesn't cause any issues. Especially since a few of my friends have some rather edgy banter that i do enjoy and join in with occasionally when i am around them. I also know that there are some people who would not treat me any differently as well.
    But as much as i would love to stay in touch with friends from sixth form i already know from several past experiences that it never really happens and that i will probably never see or hear from any of them again other than the odd steam message. So it really isn't worth it anyway at this point :p
    But it would be interesting to hear what thoughts others have on this.

14. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone know me, like I know 6677, nadey, cardnul77 (by know I mean kind of remember, not some random fucker who you don't remember at all) just wondering :p

15. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

OMG so I just got a call from the Nissan dealership's owner AND general manager, on a 3 way call, and they are offering me 2x my current bonus check to just up and leave and start there tomorrow....I do not want to leave my current job in a bind, since we have 2 other reps in my department, one is out for the week and the other is only part time....I could get a sizable cash "sign on bonus" just for quitting and burning this bridge, but my resume and references are very important, since that plays a huge role in securing positions within a dealership (especially on Long Island, the land of the car dealerships).

what should I do? quit with no notice, or stay for my 2 weeks? Now im worried that if I decide to stay here, they might get pissed at me over at Nissan, but of course if I am dick and up and leave here, I will hurt my fellow office mates and my manager, whom I care very much for.

Certainly not something I am used to...to be bid on like this (however my current job did nothing to try and keep me, they even said they had someone in mind to replace me.....) im just a little sad about it, that's all (what a problem to be sad about, right?)

Im gonna call my manager Maria tonite after work in 15 min on my way home and feel her out. She might understand?

16. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

It's just a job, you gave your 2 weeks notice, and people you meet come and go. I'd recommend just jumping right into the Nissan deal, they WANT you there, and like you said, that Kia dealership is in shambles. You know the people there, and you don't need to be a dick when you leave. Invite them over for beer and pizza. At least don't walk out with nothing, make the best of it.

17. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I say stay for your two weeks. Explain the situation to the people at Nissan and I'm sure they'll understand.
    Don't be a greedy bastard.

18. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

Problem is, see the photo.

(imported from here)

The CPU is on the other side of the case and is blocked by my graphics card, basically negating any effect of the fan.

Then I'd have to buy another 120mm fan for that side and get a separate air-cooled CPU cooler.

19. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Keep the fans you have, buy a nice air cooler. Noctua NH-D15 and Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 are some of the best around. The NH-D15 is as good as a Corsair H100i, but I'd go with the DRP3 because it looks amazing.

20. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

Would it be worth it for someone like me to get a new PC at the end of this year?
    My budget would be (if I get the same as last year) 800€.
    My current PC cost 650€ + 100€ for my keaboard, a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate.
    If it would be worth it, should I get a prebuilt one again or should I try to do it myself?
    I know the basic things, like where the CPU, the GPU, and RAM go.
    I'm also okay with wiring, not that great, but good enough to get it all working.
    Also, would I be worth it to give overclocking a try?
    I wouldn't overclock too much, since I only have a very slight idea of what I'm doing, and because the cooling will probably be very bad since I don't know which fans are good and which aren't.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice