General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. MetalMilitia623

MetalMilitia623
    Expand Collapse

I like this version better

#19881 MetalMilitia623, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

I want a Holden. Guess I'll have to move to Australia.

3. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

anyone know what this light is? it came on in a Subaru outback. its not in the online owners manual. idk about the one that came with car.
    b08499faa8.jpg

edit
    foglights. alright then

4. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

Foglight light?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know why, but a lot of cars that aren't sold here in the US appeal to me quite a bit. Alfa Romeo Mito, Holden Utes, Vauxhall Astra VXR are some examples.

5. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

got myself a new set of pajamas at farmers.

- - - Updated - - -

On the news they were talking about the abandoned hospital in my town where I go to school (waipukarau) the starting bid is $140,000 for the site that's cheaper than a house in Auckland.

6. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

Yes, software, and thank you. I'll bear the Korg Legacy Collection in mind.

Currently trying my hand at rebuilding Joplin's Entertainer in LMMS. It's actually kinda satisfying rebuilding a classic note by note.

7. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

98wpm, not bad.

#19887 Dummiesman, Sep 3, 2015
  8. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

[webm=]http://puu.sh/jYhV6/7c56efe3a4.mp4[/webm]

9. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Maybe not what your looking for, I have 3 of the metal versions of these...they are THAT GOOD.
    Extremely portable, last a helluva long time on two AA batteries and you can pump them
    through a PC sound system, boombox or an amped stereo system. EPIC crunch for $40.

Vox_amPlug.jpg

10. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

I don't need to worry about having people hear me mess up. It's not really a big deal to me, and I started guitar about a week ago, so it's expected to make mistakes!

I would use my speakers at home, but I'd much rather use the little amp wherever I choose to play.

I won't be doing gigs or anything with a guitar, so volume isn't my priority. (I'd be drumming at a gig, if anything :p )

I am gonna save up for a better amp in the future, and the little $40 amp is okay for me now. (I know it'll be replaced, so I'm getting whatever is cheap and comes from a good brand.)

11. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Sunvox is super awesome, but i agree that it doesn't really cut it a lot of the time.
    There are many free DAW's but i also tend to find that Sunvox is one of the best free ones. But you will probably have to pay a little if you want a really nice and solid one that supports vst. Ableton, FL Studio, PreSonus Studio One all have cheaper versions but they still are not what i would call cheap. You will also find that lots of midi controllers and synths include a free copy of something like Ableton 9 Lite, if you are just starting out that will probably be sufficient for you to learn in and the hardware that you get may enhance the experience a bit. There are tons of choices here.

As for free soft synths. There are a lot of really good ones. My suggestions are:

Synth1: synth1-113.png
    It may look quite old and basic but dont be fooled. It is super powerful and the simple GUI can make it easy to learn.
    This is a fairly general purpose synth, it will do basically anything you want. Its is primarily a subtractive synth but it can do basic FM synthesis as well which is pretty neat which allows it to also achieve some unique sounds.

I really recommend that you give this patch pack a go, it has over 14000 presets for you to mess with : http://veryrandomstreams.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/over-10000-free-patchessounds-for-free.html

Alpha Ray: ALPHA_RAYV1-3.jpg
    This is a fairly run of the mill subtractive synth but it does a good job. You can get some really cool sounds out of this as well. For example the sound at 1:40 in this video is pretty neat, add some nice reverb and it could sound pretty massive.

Crystal SoftSynth: crystal.jpg
    This is a synth that specializes in ambient noises, it does a really fantastic job of these. But you can make it do other stuff too if you want as shown at 2:00 in the video

Da Hornet: DaHornet_3.jpg
    Da Hornet is modeled after the classic Wasp synth. This one is really easy to use with more limited options making it an ideal place to do some learning if you are not already familiar with synthesis.

These four synths will give you an absolute ton of options. This list isn't exclusive btw, there are loads of other good ones, this is just a few. i would recommend using some of these before you buy anything since softsynths can get quite expensive and quickly. These will allow you to practice more and you may also find that you are actually happy with the sounds that you can get out of these. From that you will be able to better figure out what you may be more interested in buying since you will have a better idea of what you want.

As for paid options Native Instruments is pretty well known for making some really fantastic softsynths, Massive is incredibly popular and very capable. if you want to try and simulate an analog synth Arturia actually makes quite a few softsynth versions of older systems which are really neat.

#19891 aljowen, Sep 3, 2015
  12. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Hey, we have the same keyboard! It's an HP office keyboard, right?. I got mine used for $2.

13. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

if you live in the USA the holden is actually sold here, it's just called the chevy SS here instead of holden commadore

14. direct_UA

direct_UA
    Expand Collapse

My computer got repaired finaly! Very strange that not I have no lags in GTA V, now its stable 45-60 FPS

15. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Holy shit I just narrowly escaped a speeding ticket for 60 in a 30.

The cop got the Jap in the Mistubishi Galant that was also doing 60.

Time to keep it in my pants for a while, it looks like.

16. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

was too good not to share.

(imported from here)

17. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

18. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

5 more mhz and my display driver crashes. I tried.

(imported from here)

19. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

20. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

I could do a 200 MHz OC on my 970 (over the MSI factory OC) before I started seeing very minor artifacts at stock voltages. It's at stock right now, since I don't really need more power.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice