General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

I've never felt the need to overclock. My card is overclocked by factory specs, so it's obviously been trialed and tested by someone with far more knowledge than me.

It's also way more than powerful enough for what I do so I don't feel like I need to.

2. Koenigsegg

Koenigsegg
    Expand Collapse

What card is it

3. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

ZOTAC 980Ti. It's definitely OC'ed from factory, I dunno if it's an AMP! edition or just regular OC.

4. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Dunno, it's my dads HP. I can type faster on it than with my Microsoft one

5. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

Well, you got 98WPM on a crappy HP keyboard, at school I got 40 with the infamous Dell keyboard, the newest model.

6. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I can manage about 75-80 WPM tops on my K70. I think I might type a bit faster on my laptop but still, nothing beats the feel of a mech.

7. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

I got 101 on a crappy school Dell keyboard :p

- - - Updated - - -

Talking about working on a programming job like :p

8. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

If there's something weird,
    in your neighborhood.
    Who you gonna call?

9. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

my grandfather was cremated today the whole family had a private service at the crematorium. my grandfathers ashes are going to be mixed with lime and spread around the farm using a top dressing plane and we are going to have a function at the function center next to my family's farm that's happening next week.

10. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Am I the only one that sees any irony to that county clerk that is now being jailed for refusing to issue marriage licenses to LGBT couples on the basis it destroys the sanctity of marriage.

You had a child with your 3rd husband while still married to your 1st husband and are now onto your 4th husband who confusingly was also your second husband. Sanctity of marriage? Adultery and divorce are also pretty much frowned upon...

11. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

adulthood is complicated.

make that life is complicated.

#19911 ktheminecraftfan, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  12. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

BUt as far as the bible is concerned.

Adultery is a sin that destroys the sanctity of marriage.
    Divorce is a sin that destroys the sanctity of marriage.
    To be born out of wedlock makes you a creature of sin. <- and this is one of the sticking points for me and religion, wtf have I done to deserve burning in hell, that wasnt my fault.

She has committed both. Both she and her son according to the bible shall burn in hell.

And yet she wont issue a marriage license to me and my boyfriend (if not for the fact I am not into guys and dont have a boyfriend) because it destroys the sanctity of marriage....

I fail to see the complexity in this. Therefore I am just going to stare at the jugglies over to the left.

13. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

Not to be terse, but I thought lime was bad for the soil (unless you're growing poppies).

14. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

40, are you manually searching for each key. I get high 80s-low 90s on a laptop keyboard.

15. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I don't understand anything related to religion but im not against that sort of stuff

you don't understand anything rural do you? lime as in limestone they use it a lot here in New Zealand.

I have a small amount of knowledge in farming since I have grown up with a rural family.

16. DarthCain

DarthCain
    Expand Collapse

17. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

18. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

I, too, was raised in a rural area, but I know a bit more about animals than plants.

The reason I was confused was because I was thinking about the 'In Flanders Fields' effect. The sheer volume of decomposing bodies in WWI's 'no man's land' resulted in massive amounts of lime being deposited into the soil. This killed off most of the flora, other than the ever-resilient poppy. As a result, I guess I just assumed that lime was something plant life tolerated, rather than needed a measured quantity of.

And yes, I knew that you were referring to lime: the mineral, and not lime: the citrus fruit.

19. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

ha ha ha nah as long as the authorities don't know its fine. its cool to see a (ex) rural dweller in the community.

my grandfather was a sheep farmer so basicly he spent most of his life working on "ernscliffe" (the name of the farm) the farm has turned into a skip when my uncle Philip took over which is quite sad as its full of junk and dead sheep.

and if there is any aussies wondering I have never "shagged" a sheep in my life.

#19919 ktheminecraftfan, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  20. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

Our router died yesterday and my 4G didn't work.
    Had a nice 30 minute call with vodafone and they fixed it.
    Yay!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice